Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Perchapalooza GTG  (Read 33798 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
:happy1: damn that's early. :rotflmao: Friday too??
7 am Friday DK? I'll hafta wake up momma pretty early but that shouldn't be a problem.
oh are you gonna get a scolding. :evil: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
dakids, you mentioned fishing the west side, but nodaks looks to me like on the south end, not questioning your place to fish, but how far out on the lake are we going to fish, relatively speaking???

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
what yu scared now?????
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
what yu scared now?????
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: not a chance!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: you must be though.......... :scratch: :moon:

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Not looking good for me, the tax man called today and they are ready to be picked up this Saturday. Mama and I both have to sign and that's the only day she has open.
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
Not looking good for me, the tax man called today and they are ready to be picked up this Saturday. Mama and I both have to sign and that's the only day she has open.

Its next Saturday
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i heard from an informant that nodakes hasnt allowed wheel houses out all year????? they where out of denny's last weekend and did ok, seen a group he called the devils lake perch brigade pummel a flat till they found them. he ssaid they got they "best" perch in 28 ft. but some shallower.

so i also got this bug up my  :moon: to catch some tullibees for the smoker. any word near there that maybe i could get some?????

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Leech would be closest spot I know of, stoney  point.  Winny has them but I wouldn't know where to start.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
the guy told me to go fish over a deeper basin????? yea not sure what i'll do to get that fix :scratch: leech and stony point is an hour and a half drive one way from the cabin........but.........yea never know!!!!!

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Guy at nodaks said that with the zebra muscles the perch arnt doing there  normal things.  Last month we found them super shallow.   Last week we found them in 14 FOW until 9 am and then they were gone.  Tried a few other spots that were always money spots years ago and didnt even mark a fish.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Guy at nodaks said that with the zebra muscles the perch arnt doing there  normal things.  Last month we found them super shallow.   Last week we found them in 14 FOW until 9 am and then they were gone.  Tried a few other spots that were always money spots years ago and didnt even mark a fish.
maybe a weeks worth of really nice weather will help?????????

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
i heard from an informant that nodakes hasnt allowed wheel houses out all year????? they where out of denny's last weekend and did ok, seen a group he called the devils lake perch brigade pummel a flat till they found them. he ssaid they got they "best" perch in 28 ft. but some shallower.

so i also got this bug up my  :moon: to catch some tullibees for the smoker. any word near there that maybe i could get some?????
ya mean yer going to use that smoker ya got from your daughter 3 years ago for the first time???   :scratch:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

ya mean yer going to use that smoker ya got from your daughter 3 years ago for the first time???   :scratch:
:rotflmao: maybe!!👍 And granddaughter.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Wife just showed me an update from highbanks. I know we aren't going out there but just an idea. Here is what they said.

Truck travel allowed, wheelers recommended, 30 inches of ice

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
nuther week of these temps and nobodys fishin.
78.50"

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
nuther week of these temps and nobodys fishin.
:pouty: such a debbie downer. :confused: :pouty:

But Yea I'm getting a bit nervous. :doah: :scratch:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh you guyz will be fine,got home mid day yesterday from down south where spring has sprung big time,took the pup for a spin on the wheeler on bald eagle lake,little windy but what a great afternoon,still 20+ inches of good ice here,not turning black yet,we icefished mille laces when our metro lakes were ice free so couple weeks up north yet will be good,my forcast only,hope so,love spring icefishing.

I remember in april one year when dicky ran outof portside in isle,as the ice was receeding dicky layered the show ice with bails of hay to protect the remaining ice from the intense  spring sun it worked until we came off one day and shore ice was gone 100' from shore....got wet that day.
« Last Edit: March 03/08/21, 11:06:04 AM by snow1 »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Gunner just posted a jeff sundin report from today............nodaks is closed to all except nodaks guests............. :doah: :doah: alternative game plan???????

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
« Last Edit: March 03/08/21, 09:05:58 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
thanks gunner..........but you sure know how to throw a wrench in a good party!!!!!!! :tut: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Gunner,one heck of a good report.... all this on winni when folks are still driving 1/2 trucks on metro lakes. :scratch:

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
my castle os parked. unless ive oppoetunity to land camp and fish with wheeler
78.50"

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
thanks gunner..........but you sure know how to throw a wrench in a good party!!!!!!! :tut: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
  :tut: :bonk: :banghead: Guess  :scratch: I should've let you boys show up at Nodaks & then have the carp hit the fan!! :sleazy: :nerd: :nerd:  :mooning: :mooning: :pouty:
« Last Edit: March 03/08/21, 11:47:12 AM by Gunner55 »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Gunner,one heck of a good report.... all this on winni when folks are still driving 1/2 trucks on metro lakes. :scratch:
A local guide, GR, who fishes our area a lot & does more than most as far as up to date :fishing: reports. I've actually talked to him 2-3 times down on the little PA on Bowstring that's near our place when I was just out for a ride on the wheeler. Seems like a nice guy, even ate some of his shorelunch 1 time as they had cooked more than they wanted that day. :cool:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
A local guide, GR, who fishes our area a lot & does more than most as far as up to date :fishing: reports. I've actually talked to him 2-3 times down on the little PA on Bowstring that's near our place when I was just out for a ride on the wheeler. Seems like a nice guy, even ate some of his shorelunch 1 time as they had cooked more than they wanted that day. :cool:
he and another guy used to make and sell a pretty good fish batter too.

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Plans changed. Let's meet at the Big winny general store at 7AM

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
You gonna make it Gunner?

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Hope to, still plan on goin up early Thursday. Got a few things to do to get ready after we get there but that shouldn't be a problem.
« Last Edit: March 03/08/21, 03:44:28 PM by Gunner55 »

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!