Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Electrc vehicles~  (Read 4770 times)

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Here we go,now that hiden biden killed our countries oil industry on day one,I see the surge of electric vehicles coming,its been slowly making an enterance since 2017  but now several new names are throwing they're hat in the ring,curious about this new electric pickup truck(lordstown) coming out next year,article claims 760hp,but no torq rating yet,4 motors (made in china) two on the rear diff and two motors up front (all wheel drive rig).zero maintenance or fuel costs except tire rotation's every 7500miles,charge at home with 120v takes 8-10 hours they claim or upgrade home electric to 240v 20 minutes to fully charge,commercial charging stations found in most cities and some grocery stores already about 5 minutes  to fully charge,article claims most of these vehicles get 300miles on a full charge,GM uses regenernative braking which recharges the battery during stop n go type driving,is this the answer to fossil fuel? watch our electric prices sore and gas prices went uo  .20 since biden shut down keystone yesterday,hello $5/gallon coming soon or more.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
hey buddy.........electric cars have been on the horizon long before this election cycle came around. just saying.

me........i'm staying with gas vehicles.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
hey buddy.........electric cars have been on the horizon long before this election cycle came around. just saying.

That is if we are allowed. The big problem with them is the range and when they are in the cold the range goes down. Tim Jung Walz is already trying to force more of it here in MN.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
JB is right, they might have a range of 300 miles on a charge until you turn on the radio, heater, or AC then it goes down hill quickly.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
There is a guy that comes up here to work on our 3D printers that has a Tesla and he says the cold is tuff on it. Takes the range down. Also on long trips he has to plan for a charging stop somewhere at a charging station. Which he said adds about an hour to the trip.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman

agreed ,like I said  since 2017 now with the announcement of biden killing our oil industry,the cat came out of the bag with about 10 new vehicle lines so far this info has been lurking for some time,just below the radar, my line of work revolved around the oil industry so this is bother some ,I think "Telsa" is the big boy on the block,pretty sure the hydrogen fuel cell is dead as well even tho the feds pushed it for a couple years on the west coast
« Last Edit: January 01/22/21, 09:47:15 AM by snow1 »

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Then I wonder too. Will they become disposable cars? When the batteries wear out and cost 3x what the cars is worth. Who is going to spend the money to replace batteries. Will\is there a way to recycle those batteries when they wear out?

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Then I wonder too. Will they become disposable cars? When the batteries wear out and cost 3x what the cars is worth. Who is going to spend the money to replace batteries. Will\is there a way to recycle those batteries when they wear out?

If it's just down to batteries can you wear them out? Aluminum bodies, fresh tires, maybe replace blower motors or something.

Snow, do you really care about electric cars or was this just another one of your cheap shots on Biden? You gotta grow up and let it go son. You are sounding exactly like the Democrat's when Trump won.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman

Article I read said these vehicles life span 300k miles battery warrenty 10 years,curious about our nation's power grid supporting these rigs,maybe a flood of wind turbines? or factory solar panels imbedded like sunroof's,who know's?

Oh can it boy ,for shete sakes fact is I'M NOT BLUE OR RED just feel we all got a raw deal after the last 4 years,all the lies now this,and yes we are getting f---d with biden in charge or are you to stupid to see the big picture,you need to wake up.

neighbor bought the chevy EV Bolt last year  ,the 285range was b.s unless going down hill in neutral ,this winter he said he loses 40% of battery,but his car is a second car /grocery getter as it was a cheap purchase with a $16k rebate and a $7500 federal tax credit on a $30k car,so I'm watching how this plays out.
« Last Edit: January 01/22/21, 10:04:15 AM by snow1 »

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Seems legit to me...

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! all this green sheet.............yet no idea about the future. my uncle has one of the hybrid type battery.fuel. he said the battreies are so expensive it would be better in the long run to get a new vehicle.

so what do the greenies intend to do with the recycled old cars.....batteries???? :doah: :crazy:

itts alot like the solar panels..........there a hazardous waste in about 30 years........the greenies gonna  store that in there basement for the rest of us??????/ :crazy: :scratch:
« Last Edit: January 01/22/21, 10:19:52 AM by glenn57 »

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Seems legit to me...

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Yes, even out here in the land of rocks and cows we're hearing about electric tractors and how wonderful they'll be, 'cept no one has one that amounts to a hill of crap bigger than a lawnmower available yet. That and the price tag is estimated to be about one third more than a diesel model when they do become commercially available. That will likely mean more of the insipid windmills with worn out blades piling up in landfills and their equally obnoxious solar farms covering up decent farm land. But hey, it's just rocks and cows out here anyway. Who cares about the people out there? Just serfs and peasants to support the ruling class.  :tongue:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
so what do the greenies intend to do with the recycled old cars.....batteries???? :doah: :crazy:

Maybe we can just toss them in all the nuclear reactors we are goona need to provide power for the danged things.

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
I'm not pro electric vehicles but....

Did Henry Fords first car have GPS?
Did Henry Fords first car go 100mph?
Did Henry Fords first car have remote start?

everything is a evolution.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Seems legit to me...

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Yes, even out here in the land of rocks and cows we're hearing about electric tractors and how wonderful they'll be, 'cept no one has one that amounts to a hill of crap bigger than a lawnmower available yet. That and the price tag is estimated to be about one third more than a diesel model when they do become commercially available. That will likely mean more of the insipid windmills with worn out blades piling up in landfills and their equally obnoxious solar farms covering up decent farm land. But hey, it's just rocks and cows out here anyway. Who cares about the people out there? Just serfs and peasants to support the ruling class.  :tongue:
dont forget the sheep Dotch..............the sheep!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao:

Online Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman

Don't take your Tesla Ice fishing and you'll be ok!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Snow pointed out one simple item. Can our current (no pun intended) power grid handle elect vehicles? How much power does it take to recharge 16 - 18 cars on a typical city block each night after work? Just asking..... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 Finding a charging station isn't exactly like tryin to find a gas station yet either. :doah:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Snow pointed out one simple item. Can our current (no pun intended) power grid handle elect vehicles? How much power does it take to recharge 16 - 18 cars on a typical city block each night after work? Just asking..... :happy1: :happy1:
Highly unlikely and they want to make the power grid less capable then it is now by going to all solar and wind. Great thing to come in their utopia.  :pouty:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
First off. Let's be respectful and have a good informative conversation.
Electric cars? Everyone wants em. Look like a great idea. Let's look at the process of building an electric car. Batteries? Where do they come from- an open pit lithium mine. One of the ugliest things you will ever see. Lithium is a fossil fuel. It will run out as well.
The key to a electric car is its weight and the power needed to propel it. What do you use for that. Plastic and carbon fibre- both derived from oil.
The tires-oil
How do you keep it charged up. Where's the power come from? Natural Gas,oil(pipelines),hydro electric(dams),solar,wind(battaries) it just doesn't come from an outlet.
The electricity comes from a fossil fuel in all cases. Either in its flammability or storage in a battery.
An electric car is a farce and it only serves the purchaser a badge to think there doing the right thing when they are actually doubling down.
Even that plastic pen to sign the back of that unemployment check is made of oil.

This while we watch our gas at the pumps sore since our oil industry is shut down,news has $3.50/gal already in cali,sign of things to come and it ain't good.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Yep. Pretty much another one of those feel good policies with no logic behind it.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I don't want one!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
First off. Let's be respectful and have a good informative conversation.
Electric cars? Everyone wants em. Look like a great idea. Let's look at the process of building an electric car. Batteries? Where do they come from- an open pit lithium mine. One of the ugliest things you will ever see. Lithium is a fossil fuel. It will run out as well.
The key to a electric car is its weight and the power needed to propel it. What do you use for that. Plastic and carbon fibre- both derived from oil.
The tires-oil
How do you keep it charged up. Where's the power come from? Natural Gas,oil(pipelines),hydro electric(dams),solar,wind(battaries) it just doesn't come from an outlet.
The electricity comes from a fossil fuel in all cases. Either in its flammability or storage in a battery.
An electric car is a farce and it only serves the purchaser a badge to think there doing the right thing when they are actually doubling down.
Even that plastic pen to sign the back of that unemployment check is made of oil.

This while we watch our gas at the pumps sore since our oil industry is shut down,news has $3.50/gal already in cali,sign of things to come and it ain't good.
WHAT THE HELL...... Snow. :confused: :doah: posting stuff like this that makes sense!!!!!!!!! :doah: :evil: :evil: :rolleyes: :banghead: :super smiley: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
#me3!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
My appologies,must be the tuesday blues,thought I would toss glenn a curve ball.not a fan of this program. I see GM has a electric cargo van released in europe already,we'll see if it ever makes the trip here.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i'm not either and i was pulling your leg.  :rotflmao: eveything you posted is something the green jeans clan cant grasp whatsoever!!!! :crazy: :rotflmao:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
refreshing,thanx for the pull....made me pass gas... ;)