Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Gun donation  (Read 2600 times)

Offline Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
I have several shotguns, some that are missing parts or that need minor repair. I would like to donate them to groups or clubs that try and get kids into hunting. Does anyone have any ideas?

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 Awe man great idea, but can't think of anything right now.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
That's a good idea however due to liability most groups like that probably wouldn't accept them.  They might if they did not give the guns away but rather used them for training in a controlled setting.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I've doing a lot of gun smithing lately...
I can fix them if you can't find anyone.
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Put them in your closet and when "they" come for your guns...  give them those.    ;)

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
How about donating them to a local gun range,I'm involved with a metro range high school shooting sports that will fire up in a couple months,last summer we had a couple 100 kids,always short on shotguns to use,just a thought bunch of adult shooters are good with gunsmithing,spend hours at the range B.Sing rather than shooting,this would give them something to do rather than solving the worlds problems.

Offline Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
there is only one of the shotguns that's in question whether it functions or not. its a gun with a know firing pin breakage problem, but I think the pins have been replaced. the others are functioning just missing choke tubes and wrenched, or the stocks are in rough shape. one is a Kmart single shot 12 ga that works, just not a lot of value.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Where are you located? range I'm from is the "Metro Gun Range" located in blaine minnesota

Offline Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
Where are you located? range I'm from is the "Metro Gun Range" located in blaine minnesota
Park Rapids. Would you range be able to do the FFL transfer?

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Have a friend that has a cabin in park rapids,he's a fishing nut,up there almost every weekend,he could meet up with you if that works? I'll see him later this week and ask if your good with it.

Offline kenhuntin

• Master Outdoorsman
  • FISH CHAMP#1 2010#10 2009#4 2008 colapsed 2011
Late to the game perhaps but just gonna throw Ducks Unlimited into the fray. We could dedicate them to go to Greenwings at an event. The protocol is we tend to give items to the kids at events. Actual firearms only to the parents. Never making money from them. Could also provide you with a tax deductible form. Or provide a sponsorship of whatever degree is equitable. D.U. does not actually have any programs of magnitude to involve personal field work. Just preserving and protecting wetlands for future generations.
A gun owner is a citizen
Those without are subjects

Offline kenhuntin

• Master Outdoorsman
  • FISH CHAMP#1 2010#10 2009#4 2008 colapsed 2011
And Snow1 If you hang at Metro perhaps you can learn Me how to shoot duck tower sometime. It is always good to meet someone you have known for years in person.
A gun owner is a citizen
Those without are subjects

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Ken,anytime once it warms up,I live in hugo we have a small gun club here as well "Bald Eagle sportsman club" they have a decent 5 stand,members club but they have open to public on certain days $6 for non member per round 50' tower ,metro tower is 75'  and $13/round but your call,I can meet ya anywhere,agreed would be fun to connect.I'll PM you my contact info.

« Last Edit: January 01/29/21, 08:03:46 AM by snow1 »

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Ken PM  sent not sure if it went thru

FYI.