Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Lottery signup for vaccination  (Read 5072 times)

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Has anyone signed up for the vaccination lottery?  Being I'm over 65 I threw my name in the hat to see if I am drawn so I can attempt to schedule an appointment and some place that may or may not have vaccine to give. The DNR gives you a lot more information when applying for a doe permit. For example they let you know how many people applied for the given number of permits and also, give you priority points each time you are not selected for the opportunity to purchase a permit.  Not such luck with the vaccine choosing process.  I said "choosing" because no place in the site does it use the work "lottery". 
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Heard the same thing from a guy in here this a.m. Not first come first serve like one might think... :doah:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
The state is really exposed with its  :moon:

There was plenty of time to figure out how to effectively get the vaccines out.  Other states are doing it.  Apologists will say those states have smaller populations and don't have all the same issues MN has to deal with.  Guess what.  MN ain't NY or CA, or FL, or TX.  AND we're SUPPOSED to be better, right?    :scratch:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Seen a pc on WCCO this morning where they said a lot of people were getting kicked out for "invalid address" yday. :scratch: :doah: So they had the states IT guy on & ask him about that, he said that they needed to click on their address as it appeared in the drop box then they wouldn't have had any trouble. :crazy: :bonk:  :banghead:
« Last Edit: January 01/27/21, 08:31:53 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
How ASSININE!  We know we need to vaccinate a bunch of old folks....

I know!  Let's make 'em log into a website and navigate a confusing interface.   :scratch:

Sometimes I hate this state.  We over-think and over-regulate everything.

One typo in your application and...

NO VACCINE FOR YOU!!!

Oh, and by the way, this from The Great State of Minnesota:  https://mn.gov/covid19/vaccine/find-vaccine/

Pre-registration is now complete. You will be notified on Wednesday, January 27 if you were randomly selected to receive a COVID-19 vaccine this week.

So...  If someone didn't register on time, they're screwed? :censored:

Or...  If once the January 27 supply runs out, are you going to have to enter the lottery again? :mad1:

:pouty:
« Last Edit: January 01/27/21, 08:42:43 AM by Steve-o »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Exactly,  what a terrible system.  My parents don't even have a computer.  Lots of their friends don't neither. 

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Yep, but teachers do.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Exactly,  what a terrible system.  My parents don't even have a computer.  Lots of their friends don't neither.
that was a huge beef for me when this distant learning came about. :confused: :confused: should of this happened when my kids where in svhool, i didnt have a puter. and some of my older grandkids didnt either.

i did laugh when this first came about though. on the news they interviewed a black lady. she was pretty uptight about the distant learning as she didnt have a computer............she said the state caused this they needed to supply the computer..........i half azz kinda agreed with her.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
This old fart ain't taking the bait,me suspects our state is lacking compliance taking the shot,just another attempt to track us...

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
This old fart ain't taking the bait,me suspects our state is lacking compliance taking the shot,just another attempt to track us...
Yup, once they get that chip in ya they'll know your every move.  :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup, once they get that chip in ya they'll know your every move.  :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
:rotflmao: they do already if you have a cell phone. seen a piece on the news on nite. they had 2 phones, dont remember how they where set up, but one was just on. this was in DC and at the end of the day.........by the data they pretty much could see where this guy was.

they'd be pretty bored of my movements!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Couple ways they do that...

First is Google has a phone feature that GPS tracks and logs everywhere the phone goes.  You can literally display your route on a map.  The feature is on by default.  They say you can turn it off, but who knows.  Maybe you turn it off and they still track you, but they just don't show you the log.  I try not to put wear my "Big Brother" tinfoil hat of paranoia too often, but this is one of those times when I have my doubts.

The other way is that as you move about town, your phone will ping cell phone towers - for connection status, I presume.  They can cross-correlate phone ID pings with timestamps and cell phone tower locations to connect-the-dots of where you have been.

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
that was a huge beef for me when this distant learning came about. :confused: :confused: should of this happened when my kids where in svhool, i didnt have a puter. and some of my older grandkids didnt either.

i did laugh when this first came about though. on the news they interviewed a black lady. she was pretty uptight about the distant learning as she didnt have a computer............she said the state caused this they needed to supply the computer..........i half azz kinda agreed with her.
All the kids in the Mpls school district got free iPads to use delivered to their homes.  Their mom may say she don't know how to use um but there pretty much just like the free cell phone you on all day! 🤭
« Last Edit: January 01/27/21, 09:52:51 AM by Leech~~ »
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Oh ya!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
gov't forcing this next?mandatory in our work place next? bill to have vacine yes or no on our driver's license,why? smells fishy to me.My choice to pass for now not looking for arguments just saying,might end up like canada putting folks on a list not accepting the vacine if this passed?
« Last Edit: January 01/27/21, 10:38:47 AM by snow1 »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Yday's online registration was for 24 hours, 5am Tuesday- 5am today. Just seen an article where the state IT guy blamed the issues on the private vendor who set up the website. :tut: :bs: Doesn't anybody give it a trial run & see how it works?  :crazy: :thumbs: :pouty: :banghead: :bonk:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
This the same clown responsible for MNLARS and other various MN state blunders? Hey, I know! Stickers! It worked for the DNR!  :rolleyes:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
gov't forcing this next?mandatory in our work place next? bill to have vacine yes or no on our driver's license,why? smells fishy to me.My choice to pass for now not looking for arguments just saying,might end up like canada putting folks on a list not accepting the vacine if this passed?
i hate to inform you snow, but the EEOC, has already said that employers can mandate the shot if they choose to.

for the record, EEOC,  stands for Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. and they are a heavy entity in workplace  issues like disabilites etc. what they say carries alot of weight.  weather we like it or not. i'm not saying i agree with it, but an employer has an obligation to provide for a safe work environment and if the employer deems that shot  falls in that category......an employee can and will be disciplined.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Yday's online registration was for 24 hours, 5am Tuesday- 5am today. Just seen an article where the state IT guy blamed the issues on the private vendor who set up the website.  Doesn't anybody give it a trial run & see how it works? 

Yeah, blame it on the private vendor.   :scratch:  Guess what...  Private vendors work to requirements. 

The issue is they use a validation function against what you enter in the address fields.  If what you put in the the field isn't in the database of valid addresses in the state or country, they flag an error.  Someone told them to do that.

To help you out, they give you a drop-down choice of valid addresses to pick from.  But like I said earlier...  make a 78 year old retired person navigate a confusing website to get a vaccine they feel the desparately need.  Garbage.  But I digress.

They could have just as easily made the data entry free form text and not cared about data errors and typos, but that is not the direction they decided to go.

... Vendor's fault...  Rubbish. 

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
i hate to inform you snow, but the EEOC, has already said that employers can mandate the shot if they choose to.

for the record, EEOC,  stands for Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. and they are a heavy entity in workplace  issues like disabilites etc. what they say carries alot of weight.  weather we like it or not. i'm not saying i agree with it, but an employer has an obligation to provide for a safe work environment and if the employer deems that shot  falls in that category......an employee can and will be disciplined.
They can fire me then if my employer wants to go that route.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Last night around 10:00 PM both my wife and I got this text from, well not sure who but here it is.

"We regret that you were not chosen to receive the COVID-19 vaccine during today's initial round of random selection. However, there is still a chance that you could be selected if an appointment at your preferred site becomes available. Keep a close watch on your email and/or phone messages through Saturday, January 30, and be sure to respond promptly if you are notified of an opening."

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
You are practically a shoe in Del!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Pretty sure by the time I'm eligible, the thing will have run its course, especially given all the nice things I've said about glenn's buddies Timmy & Keithy. What a bunch...:rolleyes:

Online fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
Last night around 10:00 PM both my wife and I got this text from, well not sure who but here it is.

"We regret that you were not chosen to receive the COVID-19 vaccine during today's initial round of random selection. However, there is still a chance that you could be selected if an appointment at your preferred site becomes available. Keep a close watch on your email and/or phone messages through Saturday, January 30, and be sure to respond promptly if you are notified of an opening."
Got the same message. Sounds like we need to stay near the phone and near the place where the shots are given. Guess no trips out of the area if you want a chance in this week’s round.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yer not the only one Dotch!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

They can fire me then if my employer wants to go that route.
JB have you heard and converations at work about them making it manadatory  :scratch: :scratch: i've talked to 2 people from 2 different shops i represented, and they havent heard anything!!!! so i'mthinking it may not get to be a big deal to some.

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
They need to do like some restaurants and hand out one of the devices that start flashing lights and beeping.  When it goes off you have 1 hour to get there or you are bypassed.  :rotflmao:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Glenn. No, there has not been much for chatter yet about it. I figure that kind of talk won't come around until summerish time when the shots become more readily available. So time will tell I guess.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Glenn. No, there has not been much for chatter yet about it. I figure that kind of talk won't come around until summerish time when the shots become more readily available. So time will tell I guess.
:happy1: :happy1: well dont ask either!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
:happy1: :happy1: well dont ask either!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
You got that right.  :happy1: