Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Cooper  (Read 37868 times)

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Bet that woke him up!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
LPS, Does Cooper go into the water alot?? When we are at the cabin. Shadow is always in the lake! :rotflmao: except this last time up, he wasn't in it much maybe the water was too cold. That never stopped my other labs!?
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes he loves the water.  When it is hot he will run down to the river and take a dip and run right back up to me.  I brought a new towel in the boat last week.  After we were done fishing he ran down there at a high rate of speed.  Here he comes back up with the new towel.  LOL  He must have thought I forgot it. 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
He isn't actually swimming much now just wading in a little.  Probably due to the cold.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Does he like to go and take your shoes??? Shadow does it every morning when I put mine on. :confused: :rotflmao:.  I think he does it for attention.  :pouty: putz!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I turned that into a give me my slippers deal.  He loves to give them to me.  He gets both at once now and then and is proud of it.  I make him sit when he gives them to me. 

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
That is awesome guys, Remi does the same,  but just my pairs of shoes nobody else's. Must be tied to us being the alpha male thing, they never have hurt the shoes just like grabbing them and bringing them to us while they are excited.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Cooper is my 6th lab and about every other one I have been lucky to have has been a slipper fetcher.  I have been lucky to have every one of them. 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
As Glenn brought up Happy Birthday Cooper and Shadow.  So I am watching Bourdain which I miss as I idle down for my nap.  With the leaves off the trees we can see the river real well.  So as I sat down Cooper starts grumbling and we wondered if a fox was in the yard.  The river is about 200 yards from the house.  Here it was a boat trolling upriver he was grumbling at.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  So now he thinks it is his river. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
LPS, does Cooper shed as bad as Shadow.  :pouty: sheez, between the hair I vacuum up and brush off hi I'm surprised he isn't bald😣 :rotflmao:

I could stuff it all in a pillow case and make a pillow better then. A goose down pillow! :doofus: :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya know I just did the Doggy Shampoo at the local Pet Pantry.  The going rate is $18.  Per dog.  First they help you brush your dog.  They gave me one of those horse loop brush things for Buddy and it tool hair off like there was no tomorrow.  Cooper too.  Took hair off unreal.  I said I was embarrassed that they had so much and the lady laughed and said this is great and it is why you are here. Then we did Buddy's bath and she just kept Cooper with her on leash as she waited on customers.  He kept looking at me and giving me his little whine thing.  Was hilarious and so good for him and me.   So then I finished bathing Buddy and then he went on the drying table so I could warsh Cooper.  He resisted but once in the bath thing with warm water he melted.   Absolutely a wonderful experience and we will do it again.   Hope this answered your question.  LOLOL

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
And yes they both shed a lot so the bath really helped.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey Glenn I bet your dog can't do this.  I was making breakfast of sausage links and eggs and toast.  I put the slice of bread in the toaster and was waiting for the sausage to cook more so was in here looking at computer.  When I went out to crack the eggs and drop the toast the slice of bread was gone.  Cooper had been watching me as usual when I put it in the toaster.  Here he stood up to reach the toaster and took the bread out of it.  ?????  Man they are smart dogs and trouble makers.  Good thing I love him so much. 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I realize now that he wasn't beside me as I cracked the eggs as usual.  He stayed in the office.  LOLOL  Guilty!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: yep........your dogs one up on my dog!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Dang, Cooper set the bar higher with that one lps! Must be the golden retriever in em, my lab is an angel.. :whistling:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Our toaster is on a coffee cart thing where our coffee maker is.  Slightly lower than a counter top.  The bread was bakery rye and is too big so some sticks up a little.  He watches me when I put it in and now I know why.  LOL

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
One other possible benefit to having a Corgi... :whistling:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I have thought about that too Dotch.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
This is our mandatory retirement nap after lunch. 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
nice shades!!!    :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Cooper must be my dogs brother! :doofus: :doah: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

He's always wanting to sit on my lap

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
The week before I retired I told the wife I was going to take an nap every day right after lunch when I could.  I immediately ordered those blinders.  They were about $10 and make a nap a heck of a lot better.  Mandatory for a good nap. 

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Cooper must be my dogs brother! :doofus: :doah: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

He's always wanting to sit on my lap
Must be an Alpha thing,  all ours have done the same,  even when when it's time for bed. Gotta be right next to one.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
By the way lps, looks comfy!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Funny how all of that dog can be on ones lap and you hardly feel them it is so comfortable.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
You all look mighty comfy!
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Deffinatley a dogs life. Unlike glenn who leads a toads life.
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Here is some very important info.  Pour hydrogen peroxide down a dogs throat to make them throw up what they just swallowed.  That fricken Cooper and Jake were running around in the yard all happy and Cooper swallowed Jake's duck.  About a foot long made of a few layers of cloth.  Has feet and a tail sewed on the the body along with the head.  One of those.  HE swallowed it.  I just saw it go down and grabbed his head and looked but it was gone.  The wife got a bottle of the peroxide and I held him at a sit with his mouth wide open.  She poured a good jag or two in and He swallowed most of it.  He started puking water up but no duck.  I held his mouth open again and she poured some more down his throat.  Same thing puking water.  Did it the third time and he started rolling around and then puked up the duck. Just like that.  Ended up being mayhaps 2/3 of the bottle of peroxide to get er done.  May have saved his life.  What if I hadn't seen it do didn't know.  That could have been tragic.  Well all ended well.