Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: 2021 gardens  (Read 104785 times)

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Saw one little sprig of asparagus poking about half an inch out of the ground this morning.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: Could've swore I heard the Duluth weatherman mention that somewhere in the Dakotas got 10" of snow out of yday's storm. Thought he said South but................... :confused:

I'd heard that too but haven't run across the snowfall totals for the area south of Spearfish and west of Rabid City. There's still snow cover showing there on the US map today... :scratch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZskcoJfn3ZI 
« Last Edit: April 04/08/21, 10:46:23 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
up to 3 inches here!!!!!! got a good start on my pails of water too!!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
I think SD had snow in the Black Hills.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
Well we have about 3 inches of the white stuff now. Good thing I planted my onion plants on Sunday.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Getting the itch to throw some seeds in the garden, but with these roller coaster temps not sure I want to.  :scratch:

On the other hand looks like in a few days I'll be trying some of my winter onions. :happy1:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Next Saturday ours is getting tilled.  Thought about throwing down some manure to blend in with last year leaves.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Next Saturday ours is getting tilled.  Thought about throwing down some manure to blend in with last year leaves.
sure wont hurt!!!!!!!1 :happy1:

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Picked a good bunch of asparagus. Some was quite short but I thought I'd get it before the cold nights coming up.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
looking at the weather forecast out a bit, thinking mid next week i'm gonna start putting my cool season sees in the ground. onions, radishes, lettuce, spinach, kalarabi!!!!!!!! :happy1:

and by the weekend here i'll be most certainly checking out my winter onions........ :happy1: there lookin ready!!! :happy1:
« Last Edit: April 04/20/21, 08:10:08 AM by glenn57 »

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Had this show up over the past week or so. Checked it out and appears to be what's known as a fairy ring. Caused by some type(s) of fungi, some create an almost perfect circle of dead grass while others like this one cause the grass to grow more profusely. My 1st thought was aliens then decided it was more likely sasquatch pee!  :shocked:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Very interesting.  Maybe sasquatch was chasing the fairies around in that circle. 

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Either that or the squatch was standing in the middle and spinning in a circle while he whizzed.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Must be a fairly young one... :whistling:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :mooning: best ask Leech, he be the sasquatch expert here. :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: April 04/21/21, 11:39:16 AM by glenn57 »

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
I have had those before......Fairy Ring. Never seen one that big.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ok now I believe it since Ken also has had them.  The reason is still up to different theories yet.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
See? There are sasquatches up there too!  :cool:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well wait and see if mushrooms grow out of it!!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Ok now I believe it since Ken also has had them.  The reason is still up to different theories yet.
are you saying you don't believe most the stuff Dotch posts. :scratch: :scratch: :sleazy: :evil: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Either that or the squatch was standing in the middle and spinning in a circle while he whizzed.
  :scratch: Seen many of those in the golf course days but most of those looked like they were made by some little woodland creature that probably lived under a mushroom!!  ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
are you saying you don't believe most the stuff Dotch posts. :scratch: :scratch: :sleazy: :evil: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

I have a lot of trust in Dotch but Ken even makes it more solid.  Especially talking about Sasquatch.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  :scratch: Seen many of those in the golf course days but most of those looked like they were made by some little woodland creature that probably lived under a mushroom!!  ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:
:tut: :tut: :tut: :rotflmao:

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
Those things are not easy to get rid of. The ones I've seen are only a couple feet across. Those are huge. If I remember right.....I dug them out and replaced the soil. Can't do that with those.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Doing a little reading, some of the rings can develop puffball mushrooms. Be interesting to watch anyway. Fortunately this is an area of the yard that's relatively hidden. One of my pear trees (Patten I think) is in the ring itself. Talking to a plant path guy, he said sometimes fairy rings may be related to trees growing there, sometimes hundreds of years ago. I have some old aerial photos of the building site but have to look to see if they show that part of the yard.   

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Uncovered my rhubarb and asparagus, hopefully the real hard freezes are behind us. Dotch, did your radishes survive?
I get those fairy rings in my yard, I ways thought they showed up where old buildings had been.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 lookin to be a nice day so thinking i'm gonna pull some weeds out of my horseradish and winter onion/rubarb patch. damn quackgrass!!!

i'll be also pulling some winter onions to munch on........there saying take me!!!! :sleazy: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Uncovered my rhubarb and asparagus, hopefully the real hard freezes are behind us. Dotch, did your radishes survive?
I get those fairy rings in my yard, I ways thought they showed up where old buildings had been.

Yup, radishes are still there but just starting to put out their 2nd set of true leaves. At this rate we should have radishes by the 4th of July!   :rolleyes:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Yup, radishes are still there but just starting to put out their 2nd set of true leaves. At this rate we should have radishes by the 4th of July!   :rolleyes:
if i were you, i'd try planting them around christmas or new years, maybe by now you'd have radishes!!!!!!! :sleazy: :mooning: :mooning: :evil: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

:oops1: :sorry: Gunner made me!!!!!!!! :sleazy: :rotflmao:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Do you have any idea how bad radishes stink after sitting in a mailbox for a few weeks?  :scratch: