Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: 2021 gardens  (Read 104756 times)

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Nice, I'll take 5 pounds please.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Nice, I'll take 5 pounds please.
:rotflmao: sorry deadeye, there spoken for!!👍
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
So can anyone tell me why these tomato plants look wilted? :confused: pizzes me off big time. I have 20 tomato plants, 3 look like that. They've been watered religiously. There has not been as any lawn weed killer or Roundup anywhere near it
« Last Edit: June 06/20/21, 07:39:23 AM by glenn57 »

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
That's a good price. These early cherries come from California. Expensive....$3-4 a pound. I just have to grit my teeth and walk by them until they start coming from Washington in a week or 2.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
That's a good price. These early cherries come from California. Expensive....$3-4 a pound. I just have to grit my teeth and walk by them until they start coming from Washington in a week or 2.
we Get our stuff from an Amish family. They been doing it for years. Never any bad stuff. These, according to the box they came in said they where from Washington.

I happened to see them at the local grocery store yesterday, pretty sure they were 2.99 per pound.

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
So can anyone tell me why these tomato plants look wilted? :confused: pizzes me off big time. I have 30 tomato plants, 3 look like that. They've been watered religiously. There has not been as any lawn weed killer or Roundup anywhere near it
Does the foliage get wet when you do your watering?

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
So can anyone tell me why these tomato plants look wilted? :confused: pizzes me off big time. I have 30 tomato plants, 3 look like that. They've been watered religiously. There has not been as any lawn weed killer or Roundup anywhere near it
Does the foliage get wet when you do your watering?
98 .8 % of the time no. But I got 17 other tomato plants that are just fine

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Here is my tomato plants

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman

Sasquatch strikes again!  :evil:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

:pouty: :pouty: :rotflmao: your alot of help!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: yesterday afternoon i gave them another drink with miricale grow......they look better today!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

He needed a place to go.......................after he had some warm MGL. :evil:              ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

He needed a place to go.......................after he had some warm MGL. :evil:              ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:tut: :tut: :mooning: :mooning: :rotflmao:

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
Longest day of the year today. Long Day Onions bulbing up. Time to fertilize to get maximum size.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i threw some fertilizer on my garden yesterday. used up the rest of the milorganite i had!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Took a gander around the garden earlier. Even with the little bit of rain and cooker temps, garden looks happy. :happy1: for now anyway.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
This a.m. planted a couple astilbe plants the wife brought home. The red one had been setting by the house since last spring. Thought it was dead but after the snow melted off it was still alive. Also planted a coral bell. Now we have something growing on the east side of the house. It looked like chemical fallow after my glyphosate treatments the past couple years.

Checked the main garden tonite & there is something growing other than weeds in all 37 vine crop hills. String beans are emerging well. The four o'clocks are starting to show up where there were gaps. I planted them plenty heavy as I've had mixed success especially with purchased seed. Maters will love this rain as will the cannas. Added urea around the zucchini last nite & watered it in. They appear to be responding already. We got .61" of rain at the ranch so feeling fortunate. Not as much as some but more than a lot of folks got. Lots of tiny weeds coming in the main garden, primarily crabgrass & waterhemp. Will have my work cut out for me for this next week.   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Congrats on the rain Dotch. Barely any for us.

I won't say it.

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
We received 1 inch yesterday. Everything looks happy. Starting on the second batch of strawberries. They are the largest June Bearing berry....Cabot. My grand sons call them "strawberry bombs."

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
We got just under an inch of rain....bout time  :happy1:
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Went out this morning to pull my mater leaves/ branches into the cages. I see little tomatoes forming. :sleazy: :applause: :applause: :happybounce: :dancinred:

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
Me too.... :happy1: :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
last nite while watering the garden i kinda paid attention to all the plants!  :scratch: i dont know if its this heat or lack of rain water but some things like my kalarbi, carrots and green beans just dont seem to be making any headways!! :scratch: :doah: my celery looks like toothpicks.

the dill, tomatoes, and onions seems to be doing OK, looks like my onion crop will be good this year. the cukes are starting to vine out! the leaves wither up during the day in this heat and after it gets shaded and a drink perk back up. from what i can tell the  peppers are ok.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Weeded the string beans & all the vine crop hills last night. Talk about weed pressure! The good news is once the vine crops take off they generally do a pretty good job of keeping the weeds down. Also good weed killing weather with his heat. Took a rake to the areas between the hills. I could see thousands of tiny waterhemp & crabgrass plants coming. Perfect size to raise cain with them.  :happy1: 

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Being my new septic drain field took over my pumpkin/gourd/cucumber/mound, I had to plant them in the fenced garden.  I had been using about 2/3 of the space so thought I had enough room but now the pumpkins are over running the cucumbers.   :sad:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
So  what is this weed/plant?  It was growing next to a Seedum and a cool looking plant but we knew it wasn't a good thing.  Have seen them before but don't know what it is. 

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Looks like this to me.
Verbascum Thapsus
Verbascum thapsus, the great mullein or common mullein, is a species of mullein native to Europe, northern Africa, and Asia, and introduced in the Americas and Australia. In the US, the plant is sometimes called Hag's

Online fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
When I was a kid(a long time ago) we referred to them as Indian tobacco.