Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Bigger pike  (Read 3307 times)

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
I can't believe I'm posting this. Some of my biggest pike of the summer are typically not even close to a weed line. They are out in the middle of nowhere following the crappies. Typically there are huge bait ball and there are anywhere from three or four to as many as 10 or 15 Pike following these bait balls. With the extreme heat that we've gotten this summer there does not seem to be many fish below 12 feet in the water columns. I think this is due to lack of oxygen. I've been trolling rattle traps which seem to get me the most bites.
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Cool observation jerr.
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Good post DK. We're seeing the bait off of structure yet in 16 fow,  the problem is on our chain are the sheepsheads they are all over. I gotta troll upwards of 4 mph to keep em off, but the nortens will chase.

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Sounds like you are trolling. Do you pump the rod to vary speed or just do the "S" turn thing?
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Sounds like you are trolling. Do you pump the rod to vary speed or just do the "S" turn thing?

Yes, we are trolling .  I was pumping and brother had his in a rod holder.  He netted all my fish!!!

I like to park on the school and cast.  Trolling is way easier though.  I'll be taking my daughter out Thursday morning.   I have a score to settle.  She out fished me 8 to 3 last time. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Your daughter kicked your butt 🤣😂 and you expect us to believe your gonna kick ours?? :scratch: :tut: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
His daughter sounds like she could outfish me  :bow: I like a long pull and quickly let the rod fall all the way back. Fluttering the spoon seems to trigger if you have one following.

TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Your daughter kicked your butt 🤣😂 and you expect us to believe your gonna kick ours?? :scratch: :tut: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

There is a reason shes not on this site.  I want to win!!!

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
His daughter sounds like she could outfish me  :bow: I like a long pull and quickly let the rod fall all the way back. Fluttering the spoon seems to trigger if you have one following.

That's what my daughter was doing right away.  I was using more of a RIP, RIP pause RIP cadence.

We are using lipless cranks with rattles in them