Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: muskie difficult to catch?  (Read 3442 times)

Offline Lee Borgersen

• AKA "Smallmouthguide"
  • Pro-Staff
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2008-2011-2018-2019 2020 Fish Challenge Champ!
    • Lee's Lake Geneva Guide Service
              "Muskies are notoriously difficult to catch...until they aren't." :confused:

:popcorn: ..
That's the crew from MeatEater talking about a dude who caught a muskie on his Vexilar TRANSDUCER.... Legit can't make this stuff up! :tut:

:coffee: .....
> ...all of a sudden, Ben's flasher slid across the ice house floor and wedged in the ice hole. Ben grabbed the sonar unit and pulled back, revealing a huge fish hanging onto the transducer just below the surface. Ben inched up the transducer cable, and the fish's head came into view through the hole. Jon snatched a gill plate and pulled out a 50" muskie dead-set on consuming that transducer. Even after coming through the hole and laying on the ice, the muskie continued to chomp on Ben's electronics.

> "We couldn't believe it was happening. :doah: It was honestly a minute and a half before that thing let go. I kind of tickled its mouth a little hoping it would open up and it didn't."

:crazy: ....
Even crazier is it was caught in a lake that's not supposed to have muskies. The fish would've had to travel approx 6 miles as the crow flies the muskie swims through 2 other lakes, creeks and channels to even get there in the first place.

Btw - I couldn't agree more with MeatEater's Joe Cermele, who says that trophy muskie are only caught through total dedication or blind luck. There is no middle ground. "You're either utterly devoted to the pursuit of them, in which case you'll find success through obsession. Or you catch muskies by completely not trying." HAHAHA!

Proud Member of the CWCS.
http://www.cwcs.org

Member of Walleyes For Tomorrow.
www.walleyesfortomorrow.org

Many BWCA Reports
http://leeslakegenevaguideservice.com/boundry_%2712.htm

If you help someone when they're in trouble, they will remember you when they're in trouble again

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
I've heard of fish hitting these underwater cameras that the end in the water is shaped like a fish.

I've had fish bump my camera but never tried to eat it. Mine however is not fish shaped.
« Last Edit: February 02/13/21, 11:13:41 AM by glenn57 »
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Did they say what lake or what they were fishing for? Be quite the feat to drag that thru a 6" hole.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
if it's the fish I'm thinking of it was caught on a lake just west of Alex... 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!