Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Gun shop shooting~  (Read 3405 times)

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
You guyz see this over the weekend?

Three killed in New Orleans gun shop shooting...

What in world? dumb arse opened fires in a gun shop,patrons quickly neutralize bad guy,good grief.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Saw that.  What was he thinking??

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Crazy. I hadn't heard about it.  :crazy:
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yea it me wondering too...   :thumbs:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Who knows what the guy was thinking...   :confused:

Gunman, 2 victims identified in Louisiana gun shop shooting

Officials told NOLA.com that the deadly incident began when 27-year-old Joshua Jamal Williams of New Orleans carried a pistol with an extended clip into the gun shop and shooting range, where staff told him to unload his weapon.

According to police, Williams fired a warning round before fatally shooting 47-year-old store clerk Herbert “Noah” Fischbach. Customer Veronica Billot, 59, of Belle Chasse was also mortally wounded in the shootout, the outlet reported.

“What I can say, is that our store was attacked by Joshua Williams on (Feb. 20) around 3 p.m. He walked in our store and was asked by our compliance officer to unload his firearm before entering,” Mayer wrote, adding, “(Williams) became agitated by the request and pulled his gun out of his pants and started firing. Our armed and trained employees, as well as some armed, permitted customers, returned fire and eliminated the threat. One customer as well as one employee perished in the gun battle. Joshua Williams, the gunman, is also dead.”

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
sounds like he had a death wish..  but he should have just done himself in and not hurt or kill others..
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah, you wonder if he was mentally ill or just ornery and obstinate (and dumb). 

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
some of these lefist freeks are so extream, i believe they sacrafice themselves to help push the agenda of control.
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman

I had to go to 4 News sites to see what Jamal looked like. But most of them had the pictures of the 2 white folks that were shot.  :coffee:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I get what you are saying, Boar.  Until someone can give me a different, valid motive, all I see here is a guy who was ordered to do something, didn't feel like complying, and blew a gasket.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
I get what you are saying, Boar.  Until someone can give me a different, valid motive, all I see here is a guy who was ordered to do something, didn't feel like complying, and blew a gasket.

Agreed steve-o,all to common these days,so many feel entitled,no need to comply this is when things go south.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Here is another incident.  I can't imagine why they didn't burn the city down over this one.  Do watch the video in the link.  It is both disturbing and instructive.

Newly released video shows deputies confront Black man over alleged jaywalking before fatally shooting him in San Clemente

Here was a guy who the cops stopped for jay walking.  I haven't heard if he was acting suspicious or suspected of other criminal activity.  I can easily see where someone could make the case that he was racially profiled.

Still, he refused to comply.  Why?  Maybe he was drugged out.  Maybe he had something illegal on his person.  Maybe he just got pissed off.

The suspect resisted, the incident escalated and became physical, the suspect grabbed one officer's gun, and the other officer shot the suspect.

What is with people?  :scratch:
« Last Edit: February 02/22/21, 01:41:44 PM by Steve-o »

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
no riots yet ya mean,must be the cold n snow....this is alot like how ferguson riot started,thug with a attitude walking down the middle of the street.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
The shooting happened back in September, but I don't remember hearing about it.

"The Sept. 23 [San Clemente] shooting, on the heels of national unrest over police violence, sparked protests that resulted in the city of San Clemente declaring a curfew in certain areas."

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
The shooting happened back in September, but I don't remember hearing about it.

"The Sept. 23 [San Clemente] shooting, on the heels of national unrest over police violence, sparked protests that resulted in the city of San Clemente declaring a curfew in certain areas."
There are shootings happening all over this country every day but your not going to hear about any that don't fit the bad cop narrative! Take a look at YouTube or watch 48 Hours show if you want to see a lot of shootings that never make the fake media news. 🙄
« Last Edit: February 02/22/21, 05:39:39 PM by Leech~~ »

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
You guys ever been to San Clemente?    Nice place, right on the coast in southern California.   Pretty affluent, probably not going to get in a lather over a homeless dude that decided to fight the cops.    Lots of the homeless folk have mental issues or addiction issues and behavior can be sort of unpredictable.   

I didn't go back and reread the stories but I'm thinking the cops knew the guy, and he wasn't just jaywalking like we would to cross the street in the middle of the block.   

As for the new orleans thing, I'm thinking it was basically suicide.  He knew what was going to happen as he walked in the door.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
So the shooter was there with his brother and his brother's children.  No simple suicide here.

Video shows moment before deadly shootout at Jefferson Gun Outlet

A man who was told he would have to clear his gun before entering the firing range initially left the building and fired a shot into the empty parking lot at Jefferson Gun Outlet before going back in and out of the store several times, shooting and killing a female customer and an employee, according to Sheriff Joe Lopinto at a press briefing Monday.

Lopinto said that Ms. Veronica Billiot was just looking to leave the building before the chaos broke out when Joshua Williams pointed a gun at her and fired, fatally striking her.

According to Lopinto, Williams then went in and out of the building a couple of times, exchanging gunfire with up to seven store employees. One of them, Noah Fischbach, was lying on the ground behind the counter with other employees and had his back to Williams when Williams fired two shots into Fischbach's back.

Lopinto said Fischbach and the other employees likely believed that Williams had left the scene. He said it is possible that Fischbach was reaching for a gun while he was on the ground with his back to Williams not knowing that Williams had returned and was watching him.

Williams had been at the store with his brother and his brother's children. His brother, at some point, was on the ground, along with employees, and was protecting the children and trying to get his brother to leave, according to Lopinto.

Williams' brother has cooperated with law enforcement, according to Lopinto, and said his Joshua just seemed to snap.

The entire shooting lasted just over a minute.

"I don't know why. There's no reason it ever should have turned into this event," Lopinto said. "I don't know what was going through Joshua Williams' mind."

Joshua Williams eventually left the range and was shot at by several employees, struck and killed.

"The employees did not come to work looking for a fight that day," Lopinto said. "They acted calm, collected and protected a lot of innocent lives that day."

Lopinto said 7 employees are believed to have fired their weapons at Williams at some point, as many as 4 of them did so outside in the fatal encounter.

Lopinto also said that counter to what he said over the weekend, it now does not appear that any customers engaged in the shootout.

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
You guys ever been to San Clemente?    Nice place, right on the coast in southern California.   Pretty affluent, probably not going to get in a lather over a homeless dude that decided to fight the cops.    Lots of the homeless folk have mental issues or addiction issues and behavior can be sort of unpredictable.   

I didn't go back and reread the stories but I'm thinking the cops knew the guy, and he wasn't just jaywalking like we would to cross the street in the middle of the block.   

As for the new orleans thing, I'm thinking it was basically suicide.  He knew what was going to happen as he walked in the door.
  Del, you have expressed your Hate for Cops and Law enforcement in many posts and forum sites. What does your yet, one more example have anything to do with some crazy opening fire in a gun shop and killing innocent people.  No Cops were involved! Stop trying to tie them into every minority gun dealt!  :doah:  :bonk:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
My hate for law enforcement?   WTF?   Are you taking drugs?   
Is it because I thought Chavin should have gotten off floyd's neck when he stopped moving and breathing?   

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Is it because I thought Chavin should have gotten off floyd's neck when he stopped moving and breathing?   
So your unrelated sad story about bad white cops above was for what purpose that had to do with this story where no Cops were involved? 😒
« Last Edit: February 02/23/21, 04:42:35 PM by Leech~~ »

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I think I was the one who linked the New Orleans gun store shooting to the recently released video of the officer-involved shooting in San Clemente.

The commonality was they both had men - who for whatever reason - refused to comply with someone in rightful authority above them.  Both incidents resulted in their death.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
So your unrelated sad story about bad white cops above was for what purpose that had to do with this story where no Cops were involved? 😒
leech had 2000 posts...  :happy1: congrats bud.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
I was replying to you and steve-o who are the ones that brought the san clemente story into the thread.