Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Teamster strike?  (Read 1448 times)

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
So local 21 is striking.... yesterday at FF a small group of guyz blocked a fuel delivery semi as I was filling up my kerosene jugs, cops were called.

glenn who does local 21 represent?
« Last Edit: February 02/23/21, 07:47:43 AM by snow1 »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
have no idea who local 21 is. Teamsters usually represent truck drivers, delivery drivers. not sure what the cops could do ???? i was affiliated with the boilermakers for 41 years, well guess i still am........just a retired member now. it used to be you organized in a field your union was adapt in.

boilermakers mainly worked with boilers, steam like power plants, yea them bad coal fired ones., nuke plants, refineries, mining etc. our shops covered just about anything dealing with pressure vessels/welding. now we have railroad workers and various other entities.  we have places that make golf balls, stoves, tools.............. nowadays, we are told if you can go organize a dairy queen.

the shops in our local that i dealt with made stainless vessels for about everything, worked with mining companies repairing equipment, bridge gerters, structural steel, water towers. those big azz power line poles you see along the highways where probably made by our shop in Hgar city wi,  so esstentially there is nothing you do during a normal day that somehow hasnt had one of our union shops involved in.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanx glenn I was curious as these union guyz were interferring with the poor driver trying to dump fuel,looked like the cop's were trying to defuse the situation I could tell the semi driver was shaken up,young guy when I rolled up.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Thanx glenn I was curious as these union guyz were interferring with the poor driver trying to dump fuel,looked like the cop's were trying to defuse the situation I could tell the semi driver was shaken up,young guy when I rolled up.
its called a picket line....obviously the young guy wasnt a union member. most union member dont cross picket lines of another unions picket. it can get complicated, but if the picketers where interfering yea then the cops could possibly do something.

all the contracts i had there was language that said our union members wouldnt get in trouble for failing to cross, but then management would just sent a managmnt flunky to deliver it.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline GrandpaTom

• Master Outdoorsman
its called a picket line....obviously the young guy wasnt a union member. most union member dont cross picket lines of another unions picket. it can get complicated, but if the picketers where interfering yea then the cops could possibly do something.
I pulled up to a place a few years ago, not knowing there was a strike going on.  I stopped, had to use the driveway to get back on the road.  I rolled down my window and asked if I could cross, turn around and leave.  The said sure and thanked me for now going there.  Good unionists always honor another picket line. although at NWA, a scab union, amfa , not AFL-CIO affiliated, was let go and went on strike.  Most of the members left NW for other jobs and the picket lines soon disappeared.  The boys laughed when I pulled up for work after honoring it for a week and said they understood why I was crossing.  So sad that unions have to strike and that many do not understand the reasons behind strikes. 

all the contracts i had there was language that said our union members wouldnt get in trouble for failing to cross, but then management would just sent a managmnt flunky to deliver it.