Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: tullibee on leech  (Read 2906 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
anyone hear or got an idea when the tullies start biting off stony point on leech. sure would like to give that a try again.......... been a long long time.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
They are starting to get them.
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
They are starting to get them.
thanks dakids....... thinking it wont happen this year unless i do it in a hurry.

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Dude keep you tulli's to yourselves and off Me!  :tut: 
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
trust me, I've seen a picture of you with your shirt off I will  :rotflmao:

Oh wait what's wrong with a smomed tullie??? Fun to catch to.

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
trust me, I've seen a picture of you with your shirt off I will  :rotflmao:

Oh wait what's wrong with a smomed tullie??? Fun to catch to.

Why you and roony got to keep bring up my brief modeling career!  :angry2:   :rotflmao:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
WE CAN'T EVER UNSEE THAT!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
better yet glenn,hit URL march madness happens with a mid day whitefish bite in march,they school up(whitefish) off south shore straight out from Roger's to feed on river shiner's that run up the river to spawn next to rogers,most whitefish we caught kept were 2- 5 lbs,very active this time of year,small red demon jig(glow) and euro larva...

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
better yet glenn,hit URL march madness happens with a mid day whitefish bite in march,they school up(whitefish) off south shore straight out from Roger's to feed on river shiner's that run up the river to spawn next to rogers,most whitefish we caught kept were 2- 5 lbs,very active this time of year,small red demon jig(glow) and euro larva...
didnt know red had them...considering how shallow the lake is??? depending where i'm at leech is closer........either way with the weather forecast i'm not sure i'll get it in. :pouty:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
This is a whitefish I caught on leech years ago on the south end not far from Anderson's resort. If I remember right it was 5 lbs.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Nice one Glenn.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
LOL  must be a story behind you mounting a whitefish glenn,never seen one mounted before. PB maybe? :confused:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
LOL  must be a story behind you mounting a whitefish glenn,never seen one mounted before. PB maybe? :confused:
:happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: i did it for guys like you snow.............cause noone else has one!!!!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

i did it with bear hides too!!!!!!!!! i have a rug and shoulder mount. so cause noone else has one i know of i had bear pillows made. took 1 hide and had 2 pillows made.......with just a cloth backing and zipper.  the second hide i had a pillow made of bear hide all the way around.  :happy1: :happy1:

and yes thats the biggest i've caught,.
« Last Edit: March 03/02/21, 09:18:50 AM by glenn57 »

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
figured you had a reason.... bear hide pillow? bet shadow will like them...hope he doesn't hump em... ;)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: naw but all my dogs love laying on them or more so using them for a head rest.
« Last Edit: March 03/02/21, 10:57:12 AM by glenn57 »

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Funny how tastes in fish become a cultural thing. I know some Canadians who would rather eat whitefish than walleye.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Agreed roony,years back on red killing time during the day before the crappie bite started(always at night) I watched a native man  with his son pop a dozen holes along a pressure ridge,figured he was crappie fishing,not paying much attention to the guy as we were enjoying the afternoon sunny and warm waiting for action on the flasher,after a hour I noticed the guy had fish flopping at every hole he popped,he was hole hoping catch whitefish just under the ice(sight fishing as I found out being nosey,I  asked how he perpared them thinking smoke he told me whitefish are from the salmon family unlike tullies,he told me to fillet a couple and pan fry em,said they're great so we did,soon we loaded up a cooler of whitefish,had a fish fry,folks thought we fried up walleye,very good table fare.