Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: I had enough  (Read 4536 times)

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
A little backstory. I took a co-worker out fishing with his two boys 5 years ago to one of my better spots for large northern pike. Didn't think much of it because this guy seemed pretty decent at work. He didn't know a whole lot about how to find fish but he could catch fish. At first I was okay with everything because he took his kids fishing and they did pretty well. But I soon realized that the guy didn't understand any type of conservation. He never took more fish than he was allowed but he also only took the biggest fish. By biggest fish I mean he only took Pike over thirty-two inches and never released any fish over 32 inches. He would also bring several friends out there. He also fished every Saturday and Sunday. Earlier last month he started to complain to me that you wasn't catching any Pike big enough to keep anymore. And I've tried to tell him over the last several years that he needs to throw some of these larger Pike back. He said the only releasing he was going to ever do with those big fish was into Grease. He only fished the one spot that he learned from me. He seen me come on the lake the other day and since he wasn't catching fish in his normal spot that he always went to he decided he would follow me and fish next to me. I had released a 32-inch Pike and not long after that one of his Flags goes up and he catches a 37ish inch Pike. He takes it and throws it on the ice next to his car. I couldn't take it anymore. I blew up at him. Called him an asshole and stupid f***er. I kind of felt a little bad because his seventeen-year-old son was there.  I've never seen someone like him.
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
I know how you feel. Had a brother in law do that to me at the cabin. I took him to a good pike lake, told him I can't stop him from going back but asked him not to take a bunch of others with.

Forward a year or 2 later, wife and I go to the lake, guess who's out there, yep. And his brother in law and wife's. They live in maple lake. They rented a cabin not far away. They told me the resort took pictures and posted them. They've never been invited back.

For that same reason I won't go back to the lake we had the G-T-G on unless your with
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Not as bad but I took one of my old Bosses to one of my Bows hunting spots.  Then I started seeing his truck parked there when I pulling in, in the mornings.  Good thing I had back up spots near by!  :bs:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I know your story goes back 5 years, but I've really seen a lot of that sort of thing this past season.  The lakes and rivers were under extreme pressure this past year with Covid.  Everyone went out fishing.

I have since decided that if you have a secret honey hole... you can't tell anyone.  Or if you do, you'd better trust them enough to not share the secret and make damn sure they know it and agree to your terms.  And those friends are few and far between.  For everyone else, take them out and spend your time prospecting new locations.

I'll bet most of us have caught fish in "undisclosed" locations, but some locations are "undisclosable." 

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Pretty sure most if not all of us has gone thru this friendships lost over a good fishing spot,doesn't take long for that secret spot to become grand central station,been there done that...I even had my buddies quiz my gal pal at the time what lake we were fishing after they seen our 5 gal bucket of giant sunfish/crappies,never told her the right lake name because I knew she would spill the beans...to this day my buddies ask me about "french lake"
  lol.

dakids don't blame you one bit.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I think most of us have had that happen...  I know I have and will not fish with them ever again..  they call them self's sportsmen, BS!!  good for you dakids!!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
I don't catch fish, anywhere or anytime. 
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
I fished one summer on the PWT walleye circut as a rookie early 90's,guyz warned me about one pro that followed guyz on a good bite or herd rumors of someone with loose lips.

the name "tail pipe Ted" was invented...our own ted takisaki. He didn't have many friends back then but one heck of a good business man promoted himself well.not sure if he still fishes the walleye A.I.M. tour these days? pretty sure he made his fortune with "infisherman" franchise.He always was a nice guy but ya had to watch him on the water....

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I deer hunted on my Buddies land for many years.  I built nice stands and it was great to hunt with him.  I asked if I could bring a friend with one year.  He said sure.  Well that friend asked my Buddy if it was ok if he came back and hunted there himself.  My Buddy said no!  Never hunted with the "friend" again.

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
I deer hunted on my Buddies land for many years.  I built nice stands and it was great to hunt with him.  I asked if I could bring a friend with one year.  He said sure.  Well that friend asked my Buddy if it was ok if he came back and hunted there himself.  My Buddy said no!  Never hunted with the "friend" again.
Which didn't you hunt with again? Your buddy or your friend or your buddy friend? 🤣

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1:  The friend that I brought along the one year. 

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
:happy1:  The friend that I brought along the one year.

Oh. Cuz my Buddies are friends or they wouldn't be friends if they aren't buddies! If they have hunting land that makes them Extra friendly buddies!  :happy1: :rotflmao:

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman

For that same reason I won't go back to the lake we had the G-T-G on unless your with

Same lake.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Same lake.
ugh.....sucks for sure!!!!!! that day of the gtg i had my camera down........there are nice pike and bass in there.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
so dakids.......you and that guy still sit down at break time for coffee????? :rotflmao:

i guess seriously, curious how he now reacts to you.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
so dakids.......you and that guy still sit down at break time for coffee????? :rotflmao:

:scratch: :doah: Just like management did to you during CBA negotiations!! :sleazy: :nerd: :nerd:                              ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Haven't seen him yet.  I'm not driving anymore.  He is a driver and I park and load the trucks now.  I guarantee you that if I ever have to park his truck he might get a different POS truck.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

:scratch: :doah: Just like management did to you during CBA negotiations!! :sleazy: :nerd: :nerd:                              ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:
:banghead: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: