Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: pinched by CO!  (Read 4356 times)

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
well it just gose to show no matter how old and honest ya are, ya still can get pinched if yu dont pay attention.
i was on Red this weekend. caught our limit and that evening i prepared to fillite then and have a fish fry. doing tje job onbthe tailgate i only got half done, so with the fillites still have their skin and rib cage on and the carcasses in tje bucket i went in to warm up.
got complacent and cozy and by now it was late and cold. ill finish in tue morn.
by tue time i had coffee and and finished my duty, zooom up pulls CO! checked liscenes and explained my fish  and piched me for unmeasurable carcasses. my bad!  100 bones. didnt take my fish and was very decent and polite. oh well.
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Criminal. :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline GrandpaTom

• Master Outdoorsman
Where did he pinch you??  Which cheek??? :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Where did he pinch you??  Which cheek??? :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:rotflmao: he probably liked it too. :rotflmao:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Curious boar was it a native warden or non? only time we've been checked on red were native wardens,never pinched but they sure wade through all the folks up there,today to far to go for 3 little walleyes for me but I can see folks enjoying the action,I would like to here a report from someone fishing lower red...curious how lower red fares,I'm told lower red has alot of structure and catchable crappies still but non natives need a native guide/license.

years back a non native feller landed his plane on lower red to icefish boy was that a mistake. and learning experience,pretty sure it cost said fisherman bookoo bucks in fines.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
he was a pale face. i love red for the action. sitting back and napping during the day and relaxing inbtue evening listtening for rattle reels. 3 red lake walleye generally out mass 4 LOW WALLEYS AND 2 SAUGS combined.
78.50"

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
well it just gose to show no matter how old and honest ya are, ya still can get pinched if yu dont pay attention.
i was on Red this weekend. caught our limit and that evening i prepared to fillite then and have a fish fry. doing tje job onbthe tailgate i only got half done, so with the fillites still have their skin and rib cage on and the carcasses in tje bucket i went in to warm up.
got complacent and cozy and by now it was late and cold. ill finish in tue morn.
by tue time i had coffee and and finished my duty, zooom up pulls CO! checked liscenes and explained my fish  and piched me for unmeasurable carcasses. my bad!  100 bones. didnt take my fish and was very decent and polite. oh well.
so WHY didnt you just clean the fish inside the boars nest???????? cant be that hard to clean up. we clean fish on the kitchen table in the winter at the cabin all the time. and yea..... :tut: i clean alot of fish.

just curious!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
So you got pinched because you didn't get rid of the carcasses that night and were froze when he checked ya the next day?
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
I  here stories from just about everyone that fish red lake doing fish fries on the ice,with the slot how can they enforce slots when folks are filleting /eating the daily catch and keep on fishing? also seen pic's of wardens drilling holes next to vacant shackes then putting a camera down looking for walleye carcusses,must be alot of double/triple tripping going on up there.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
yull get double and tripp lrsntakes on any lake. and yea they donthat. jb. what i had planed was to finish later in thebday but got cozy and complacent. i knew that i had to kee0 the carcasess measurable and i should have either finished the job and fried them. or brought the c arcasses inside to thaw. yu can butcher fish on ice and eat tjem but the carcasses must be measurable to that day. i droped them in a bucket after i took the filitte off. they froze. i got complacent  and i  got tagged for it. he was reall decent and let me keepbthe fillites. most dont.
78.50"

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Curious boar was it a native warden or non? only time we've been checked on red were native wardens,never pinched but they sure wade through all the folks up there,today to far to go for 3 little walleyes for me but I can see folks enjoying the action,I would like to here a report from someone fishing lower red...curious how lower red fares,I'm told lower red has alot of structure and catchable crappies still but non natives need a native guide/license.

years back a non native feller landed his plane on lower red to icefish boy was that a mistake. and learning experience,pretty sure it cost said fisherman bookoo bucks in fines.

Not sure the Band Wardens patrol the paleface side of the lake.  I also heard from a band Guide that he can only guide nonnative folks on the Trout lakes and nonother. I had asked about crappies.
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman

Not sure the Band Wardens patrol the paleface side of the lake.  I also heard from a band Guide that he can only guide nonnative folks on the Trout lakes and nonother. I had asked about crappies.

Well like I said we were checked by a band co,maybe the extra traffic on the lake? none the less we were compliant.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
they work together to manage the lake. i sure whitie called and said we have an over abundance of people fishing, can yu send some redbone COs to help.
78.50"

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
they work together to manage the lake. i sure whitie called and said we have an over abundance of people fishing, can yu send some redbone COs to help.

But, but their a Sovereign nation. They can just stay in theirs and leave us the he!! alone!  :surrender:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i know one on the CO's out of the grand rapids office, he's native and he patrols on non rez areas.........i aint got no problem with it, i'm not an outlaw like some here!!!!!1 :doah: :evil: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
i know one on the CO's out of the grand rapids office, he's native and he patrols on non rez areas.........i aint got no problem with it, i'm not an outlaw like some here!!!!!1 :doah: :evil: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
I have no problem with any person taking a MN DNR job no matter what their color is. But when folks commit crimes and jump back over a line and say they are safe there. That's a problem.