Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Ready for the show?  (Read 11426 times)

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Curious if this chauvin trial will get underway this morning after they added another charge of 3rd degree murder,will be interesting to see what unfolds once this trial gets rolling,I almost feel they will aquit him based on all the security in place but also think they will make an example out of chauvin,time will tell.

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
I said a month ago that the cities will burn either way. The verdict will be secondary. There will be people coming in from all over the country and they aren't coming to read the Mpls Star Tribune. Sometimes you just have a group of people spoiling for a fight and I think this might be the place it happens. I pray for the business and home owners which will surely be affected. It will be interesting to see if the dopes try and march on the freeways again. The cops figured out real quick that they could herd them up and contain them easy when they did that.

I don't think Chavin will be acquitted, they will find him guilty of something.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
same here dutchy!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I didn't see anywhere where the officially added 3rd degree murder back in.

The appellate court ruling said that the judge was not able to dismiss the charge for the reason given.

So he either has to throw it out and give a different reason, or add it back in.

I haven't seen yet if he has done either.  You guys see anything?

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
was on the morning news it was added back in and might delay the hearing this morning,take it with a grain of salt,the media,ugh.

Hennepin County District Judge Peter Cahill said Monday he might begin sending potential jurors home for the day, suspending the start of the jury selection process until Tuesday.
« Last Edit: March 03/08/21, 10:31:34 AM by snow1 »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
court is in recess til 130pm..  trial will start according to the judge.... 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
they need to pick a jury yet......i aint believing that is done already.  :scratch:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
they need to pick a jury yet......i aint believing that is done already.  :scratch:

Maybe so glenn,good way to crap out the protestors,let them cool down,after months of preperation one would think they would be ready for trial.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Unless you've lived under a rock or in the woods the last year or longer I don't see how they ever pick an impartial jury. :doah: :scratch: :scratch:

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
From Care11...

No jury selection today.  Cahill has not yet added 3rd degree back in yet.

10:15 a.m.

Prosecutor Matthew Frank has filed a motion with the Minnesota Court of Appeals to delay jury selection in the Derek Chauvin trial.

Frank said he has also left voicemails with the appeals court, seeking guidance on whether they can order the judge to halt proceedings until that appeal is resolved.

The state wants to put jury selection on hold until the issue of a pending third-degree murder charge has made its way through the higher courts. Right now, the defense attorney Eric Nelson is preparing a petition to the state Supreme Court to review the appeals court decision on that matter.

"I think I've made it pretty clear that until somebody tells me to stop, I'm going to continue with everything except Murder-3," Judge Peter Cahill said.

Potential jurors have been sent home for the day, with jury selection scheduled to start Tuesday unless the court of appeals orders the judge to put it on hold.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Unless you've lived under a rock or in the woods the last year or longer I don't see how they ever pick an impartial jury. :doah: :scratch: :scratch:

Nobody wants in impartial jury.  The defense and prosecution both want jurors who might be inclined to be sympathetic to their side of the case.

It is a ridiculous notion that an "impartial" jury has come to mean that potentials jurors must not have heard anything about the case - 'cause that hasn't been possible for years with availability and access to 24/7 news agency outlets.

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
This will be a long drawn out process. I'd be surprised if there is a verdict before July and then you will have all the appeals by both sides.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
It is hard to find articles about when the Noor trial started, but I think it took about a month - if that is any guide.

My concern would be all of these last minute revelations might somehow lead to a mistrial.  Not only is there the possibility that the 3rd degree murder charge might be added back in, but there was also the leaked information that Chauvin was considering negotiating a plea deal.  Both of those developments are unprecedented in and of themselves, but that they are connected to the most important case in decades...

The stakes are higher in this case than Noor.  The protestors are calling for justice, but what they want is vengeance.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Yea big difference. I didn't hear about the city burning down when a black cop killed a white woman. :confused:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
so over in sillytown, a guy posted a link to an article written by an Ann Coulter. apparently she must be covering the trial??? so i clicked the link, read it, then googled her and read what came up. apparently she has info on the autopsy..........all i can say is WOW!!!!!! not picking sides, but a whole different angle of ones perspective.

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
If the Glove don't fit you........oh wrong trial.  :scratch:
If you can yell "I can't Breathe" for 10mins you can breathe-got to aquit!  :rolleyes:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey, there was literally a trail of blood leading from the murder scene leading into OJ's house and he got off.

There is no telling what a jury will do.

Everyone know the chaos and violence that will ensue if Chauvin gets off.  That has to weigh on juror's minds and I think they will be looking for reasons to convict him of something - just as the OJ jurors were looking for an excuse to let OJ off, i.e. the bloody glove.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
I think they are going to riot no matter which way it goes. They will riot because Floyd got justice or injustice.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I think they are going to riot no matter which way it goes. They will riot because Floyd got justice or injustice.
yep.

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Wonder when the looting and riots for the white Dr. his wife and two grandkids plus a guy working at their home. All killed by the Black ex-NFL player will start?   :scratch:  Probably not going to hear much and no one will ask if it was racially motivated. 😴😴

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
WLDM      white lives don't matter.   :doah:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Wonder when the looting and riots for the white Dr. his wife and two grandkids plus a guy working at their home. All killed by the Black ex-NFL player will start?   :scratch:  Probably not going to hear much and no one will ask if it was racially motivated. 😴😴
oh I hear Yea. :angry2: :angry2:

Hey leech, how about you go down to that corner near your work and start asking around. :moon: :sleazy: :evil: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
oh I hear Yea. :angry2: :angry2:

Hey leech, how about you go down to that corner near your work and start asking around. :moon: :sleazy: :evil: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:
That's ok. I dont want to get my Privileged ars shot!  :moon:

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
https://youtu.be/O88knFix2fo
Pretty much exactly how I think it happened. But, I'm not a big live by feelings alone guy.

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
They're going to hang the cop, it don't matter about any kind of truth or justice.

Gotta have a guinea pig.......
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Ahuum, you go gurl! Don't be let en them people hold you down!  :bonk: :bonk: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: April 04/10/21, 11:46:10 AM by Leech~~ »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
They're going to hang the cop, it don't matter about any kind of truth or justice.

that's my thoughts too
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

and there going to riot, pillage, burn ,destroy regardless of verdict. IMO!!!!!!! :undecided: :doah:

Hang the cop,  :scratch: :scratch: yea i dont know...but thats my gut feeling too!!!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
There will be lots of people there to pillage that are just using the whole thing as an excuse for all of their sick brethren to show up and wreck things.  Just like the BLM thing.