Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Cargo Unloader  (Read 5332 times)

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Have any of you had experience with one of these?

I have an old international pick up box trailer I'm going to try this with.
Between my 2 ponds, I have a road that is starting to deteriorate from beavers and muskrats digging holes. I'm thinking that I can use the tractor to get the dirt into the box, haul it down with the 4 wheeler and crank and dump.
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
never used one but I recall some folks looking into them some years ago.. never did hear how they worked out...  did you look up reviews???

the reviews don't look bad!!  and the different prices are nuts!!!  good luck!!!  should work...
« Last Edit: March 03/27/21, 03:00:30 PM by mike89 »
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Isn't that what Jr's for, and SIL!! :happy1: :rotflmao:

Seriously good luck, never seen that before, but I lead a sheltered life. :pouty:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Welp, it's here....
From the reviews I've read, the slicker the surface underneath the better it works. I'm thinking about lining the box with plywood then a plastic tarp on top of that.  :scratch:
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i just googled it.........never seen that before...........yea that should be the cats meow.!!!!! :happy1:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
good luck and hope it works good for ya!!!  too bad we aren't closer, I have a 4 by 8 by 1/8 inch sheet of plastic....  ya could have it..

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
 Thanks for the offer Mikey, that prolly would have  worked great.

I put it together and ran into a problem... The pickup box trailer tailgate is at 52 inches wide and the bearing mounts for the unloader is 58 inches. I'm probably going to have to find a piece of steel channel to go over the end of the tailgate to make it wider.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
good luck and hope it works good for ya!!!  too bad we aren't closer, I have a 4 by 8 by 1/8 inch sheet of plastic....  ya could have it..
strap that bad boy on your scooter and take a road trip. :confused: :doofus: :pouty:

Do I I gotta think of everything. :pouty: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Actually sounds like a fun project HD!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Always the case a guy tries to save a few bucks diy and then the wrench gets thrown in.,happens to me most often,your project and a landscape guy with 3 yard dump  a done deal,but its easy to say now.goodluck HD ya got all summer to fix it,maybe eradicate the rodents while your at it.

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Not that easy. The dirt has to go a 1/2 mile back in the woods. I can't get a truck back there, I tried. I already have the dirt piled up... just gotta move it.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I get a load of dirt or gravel here now and then and I move lots of it in my little atv trailer behind my wheeler.  I shovel it all in and dump it wherever I need it.  Gets the job done and great tool to have around for other things too.  Maybe you already have one.

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Welp, I got it mounted. I had a chunk of versa lam laying around, and used that to widen the tailgate. The tailgate needed to be thicker anyways.

Now I just got to try it out......

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
looks good HD!!!  hope it works as good as it looks!!!  good luck!!! 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Can't wait to see how it works.  Good luck.  Looks great!