Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: FISHING REPORT LAKES OAHE/SHARPE PIERRE AREA UP TO EASTER WEEKEND APRIL 2021  (Read 1357 times)

Offline Hutch

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
    • Fishing & Hunting South Dakota's Lake Oahe and Lake Sharpe
Weather was nice fishing was good and the boat were out. Lots of boat/fishermen on the water and I think for the most part everyone caught some fish. The community spots were very busy but if you didn't want to fish around other boats and know the river the nicer catches came away from the crowds as usual Mike Kulm was over again and he and friends really caught nice fish in around 20 fow using jigs/minnows or jigs/plastic and that is what is the presentation that most boats are using. They did not fish around any other boats so if you are willing to spend some time looking you can avoid the crowds and do well. This time of the year weather is the big factor so cross your fingers, if you are coming over and hope for those beautiful spring days. Checking the forecast for the days you are targeting is just good sense. Good sportsmanship calls for releasing  as many of the females full of eggs as you can in my opinion but GFPS set limits of 4 fish per person with no season close so apparently they are not concerned. Northern fishing on Oahe has been good with smelt rigs the bait most anglers are using. I hope everyone had a great Easter.

HUTCH'S GUIDE SERVICE

Hutch
Good fishing Hutch

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
www.mnoutdoorsman.com
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN