Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Twins home opener  (Read 13480 times)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Anybody else watching, sure is GREAT to see fans back in the stands.  :party1: :happybounce: Don't get BSN/FSN at home so watch 'em up here a lot, rainy day helps too. Just tied it up 1-1. :cool:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
@#$%^&*&^%$%^&*( dish dont carry them!!!!!!! :angry2: :confused: :confused:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Twinks pretty much having their way with them. This can be a pretty good team and fun to watch this year.

Glenn, put the game on the radio 830 WCCO.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Sure am digging these early games. Buxton has been fun to watch,  hopefully he stays healthy. 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I dropped Dish 2 years ago cuz the Vikes games weren't on.  And the Twins.  I told the cable guys I needed it before the next Vikes game and they got me all hooked up.  Never looked back.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
LPS, any idea what you pay for cable nowadays???????

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.

Ya know, being unemployed as you are, maybe season tickets to the Twinks is what you need.   ;)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Ya know, being unemployed as you are, maybe season tickets to the Twinks is what you need.   ;)
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: yea no way i'm driving anywhere close to that place any time soon!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes: :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
About the same as Dish.  Who cares what it costs???  Way too much.  In less than a week you can watch Twins games. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I dropped Dish 2 years ago cuz the Vikes games weren't on.  And the Twins.  I told the cable guys I needed it before the next Vikes game and they got me all hooked up.  Never looked back.
We dropped Direct TV down home ~ a year ago too. We kept losin channels & they kept wanting more $ :bs:, went to Mediacom instead. Bundled everything with them for about $50 a month < than what Direct wanted. Everything up here is Paul Bunyan & again that isn't that much more than just what Direct wanted down home. Wireless wi-fi & double the cable boxes up here too.

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
I get everything through Midco. Internet & cable is $154.00 a month. Seems expensive but as long as they don't mess with my sports I'm ok with it.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Sure am digging these early games. Buxton has been fun to watch,  hopefully he stays healthy. 
:happy1: Got that right Bobber, he's been knockin the cover off the ball. Arraez been on a tear as well. The new leftfielder, Garlick, who just been playin against lefties so far is playing pretty good too. Good to see Garver shake off last season as well.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I get everything through Midco. Internet & cable is $154.00 a month. Seems expensive but as long as they don't mess with my sports I'm ok with it.
Our Direct TV alone was $140+ :crazy:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Our Direct TV alone was $140+ :crazy:
yea i'm thinking ours is about that too........i gotta be careful switching providers based on what we like to watch, of course my wife could give 2 chits about sports....... :doofus: :doofus: :pouty: :confused: :doah:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :tut: Don't worry bud, they ALL have the channel that you 2 watch together the most, Hallmark!! ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:tut: Don't worry bud, they ALL have the channel that you 2 watch together the most, Hallmark!! ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:crazy: :pouty: :pouty: :banghead: :banghead: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut:

THATS why there are 3 TV's in the house!!!!!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao:

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
When Kiriloff gets brought up they should sit Sano and put Kiriloff at first. I've about seen enough of his hot & cold hitting act.  :evil:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
When Kiriloff gets brought up they should sit Sano and put Kiriloff at first. I've about seen enough of his hot & cold hitting act.  :evil:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: there goes that undying love for Sano dutchy!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rolleyes:

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman

I know... Let's waive Sano and let the Red Sox pick him up and turn him into a Hall of Famer.  :bonk:

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Steroids turned him into the hitter he became. Hall of Famer? I'm not there yet.

Sano might become something or he might be another Rob Deer, if you remember him. You have to be able to touch the baseball with the bat once in a while.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
They signed him at 16, he's now 27, I doubt he's going anywhere. He leaves Cruz is probably gone too, both are from the Dominican Republic & are close friends. I heard that Sano is 1 of the main reasons they signed Cruz. But I hear what your sayin db, he has looked terrible at the plate so far this season. :pouty:
« Last Edit: April 04/09/21, 01:26:51 PM by Gunner55 »

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
He led the majors last year striking out 40% of the time. He is a classic all or nothing guy.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
There are many who really only have 3 options, BB, K, or HR, when they go to the plate in MLB right now. That how the game is these days, many are making quite a bit more than he is too..

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
He led the majors last year striking out 40% of the time. He is a classic all or nothing guy.
hey dutchy, what was your nickname for him over on IDO?? :evil: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: we wont get offended here!!!!!! :rotflmao:

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
The Fat Kid.

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
Sure hope the Twins can figure out how to win an extra inning game this year. I was optimistic about the new extra inning rule with starting a runner on second, but so far we can't figure out how to score that runner or stop the opposing team from scoring theirs.
www.mnoutdoorsman.com
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Gave yday's away in regulation. :pouty: Let the starter, Shoemaker, pitch to a couple guys too many & the new closer didn't have it at the end either. They were ahead 6-0 after 5! :doah:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Personally I think starting that runner on second in extra innings is really Stoopid.  :confused: there friggin professionals for gawd sake. :pouty:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
They thought they needed it in order to be able to have a season last year. With no minor league play they had only the players from the alternate sites that they could bring up. Long games, 12-15 + innings, usually means more injuries & more roster moves along with CV-19 they were tested with being able to play all their games.  A few teams didn't even play all 60. I didn't really care for it last year but if that was the only way we had baseball it was OK. Kind of like it now, just wish the Twins were better at it. 
« Last Edit: April 04/13/21, 08:11:49 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I missed the game where Austodilla sp.  pitched.  I found it on Youtube and it is great!  His fast ball was 46 mph I think.  He threw 7 pitches to get 3 guys out.  Looks like a slow pitch softball game.  He even shrugged his shoulders a couple of times and looked back at the fielders.  LOL  My buddy told me that he is great in the club house and his nickname is La Tortuga or something like that.  It means the Turtle.  Don't know if I can copy and paste from there or not.