Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: finally ammo  (Read 9991 times)

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
yesterday met with the buyer from Joe's sporting goods to solve the worlds probems lol over a couple of cold ones,his store rec'ved a pallet of rim fire/hand gun  ammo yesterday from remington,90% handgun ammo 10% .223 so iffin ya need some here ya go,talk is our ammo supply will loosen up by june,hope so....

FYI,
« Last Edit: April 04/13/21, 08:17:47 AM by snow1 »

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Hope so too. Hope some of the reloading press start showing up too. Would really like to get one.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Hope so too. Hope some of the reloading press start showing up too. Would really like to get one.

JB,I don't reload these days but buddies that do tell me "Almens" gunshop in morris town is the big boy on the block for gunsmithing and reloading products,might want to check with them.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks snow.  :happy1:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes, I appreciate the update.  I wonder if they will be rationing it one box per person per day - like before.  And I also wonder what the new retail prices will be.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes, one box per person per day.  $30 per box 50 9mm off brand. :doah:  I left it all there for folks who needed it more than me.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
I checked at cabela's saturday as I  was sniffing around for lead 12ga target loads,9mm was $50/box and the handgun / shotgun ammo shelves were bare,gun club I shoot at was rationing target loads as well 1 box person,$8.50 per box for lead loads,$9/bx for steel.my trap shooting days ended about 10 years ago,practice 12ga target loads we were paying $28 to $30/a flat (10 boxes) either rio,estate, gun club, shooting was more affordable,gas was around $1.50/gal my gun club is struggling to stay afloat during these trying times,they are really pushing they're shooting league season,but with the lack of ammo it ain't happening.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
 Snow, I was at Reed's in Walker a couple of weeks ago looking for trap loads. They had Federal target loads for $10.99 per box. Ouch. Going to put a damper in my trap shooting plans for the summer.
mm

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Supply and demand.  If folks don't buy ammo at $50 (or even $30) the prices will have to come down - unless they keep going up.  :crazy:

And it is only a matter of time before The Idiots start talking openly about putting a punitive tax on ammo.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Snow, I was at Reed's in Walker a couple of weeks ago looking for trap loads. They had Federal target loads for $10.99 per box. Ouch. Going to put a damper in my trap shooting plans for the summer.

Yikes! my local gun range seems optimistic that our ammo situation will loosen by june,other sources tell me this is a pipe dream.

thinking back in my trap shooting days, I  shot all three registerd events in different states,practiced 7 days a week and if the weather was poor I setup a dry fire range in my pole barn(terry jordan wall chart)to keep my hand/eye cordination spot on.would burn thru 10-12k practice rounds in one season another 7-10k in registerd targets before switching to sporting clays which doesn't demand the intense dedication as trap shooting to keep in the plus  competitive catigory

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
That’s dedication snow. We’ve got a couple of high school kids that think 50 targets a week are enough and don’t understand why they aren’t getting better.
Steve, heard rumblings already about a $200.00 per new firearm tax. A few years ago (20-25) a group of politicians came up with an idea of a 5,000% sales tax on ammo. A couple of them are still around and on the news everyday.
mm

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Our high school program is still shut down,mostly because of our ammo situation not the vid,I enjoyed working with these eager kids,eyes wide open,parents involved,was a great experience while it lasted.I use the wall chart for trap shooting introduction then on rain days,being in competitive sports my entire life I lived for trap shooting as I aged and after my first year I  decided to seek out a pro before  I learned bad habits,I trained with Harlan campbell jr( at the time Harlan was the all american trap team captain) then Ricky Marshall  another all american to fine tune my doubles game,these guyz are a wealth of information to allow shooter to develope they're own style but it takes time and lots of practice doing it the right way,learn to mute local club experts,you know the guy with 10 25 straight patches on his shooting vest,yeah that guy.
« Last Edit: April 04/15/21, 09:02:33 AM by snow1 »

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I remember as a little kid asking my dad, "How come you never sew all your patches on your vest?"

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
That's too bad snow. We got lucky and found shells for this year for the kids. I do enjoy spending time with them in the Spring, especially when they get focused and do well. I get a kick out when they shoot their first 25 and then the next round they miss 5 or 6. All fun.  :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Agreed markn,simple things like pulling the trigger,the smell of burnt gunpowder gets me cranked up,my favorite burnt powder smell comes from federal gold metal paper hulls not to mention how they perform compared to the cheapy practice rounds,they just ink ball the targets.

the youngens just like to get out and shoot and dig on each other after a loss target all in fun.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: I'm all in on anything that get's 'em outside & away from their electronic gizmos. :cool:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
FYI,more ammo showed up at joes yesterday,9mm was tagged at$30/box yikes!,far cry from my stash at $9.95/box

FYI

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Hard to think of a worse time to purchase ammo or building supplies.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Got that right. Shop plans are on hold until it straightens out some.  :sad:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Big Green Is Back: Remington Ammo Plant Working 24/7

For what its worth...  The Remington website lists their standard UMC 9mm 115 gr FMG at $22 MSRP per 50 count box.  We'll have to wait and see what stores charge when it finally hits shelves.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Big Green Is Back: Remington Ammo Plant Working 24/7

For what its worth...  The Remington website lists their standard UMC 9mm 115 gr FMG at $22 MSRP per 50 count box.  We'll have to wait and see what stores charge when it finally hits shelves.

I'm guessing old remmington list price,hell my stash of 9mm@ $9.95/box was from spring 2020.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Been striking out on 30-06  280 grain for a long time now. :confused: :doah:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman

JHC glenn.280gr!  must have elephants with horns in your woods eh? gotta think 180gr would be sufficient but what do I know I still use a stick and a string.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

JHC glenn.280gr!  must have elephants with horns in your woods eh? gotta think 180gr would be sufficient but what do I know I still use a stick and a string.
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: Yea 180 grain. Fat fingers. I use 220 for the real hunt. 180 just for siting in gun.

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: Yea 180 grain. Fat fingers. I use 220 for the real hunt. 180 just for siting in gun.
I wouldn't sight in with those two diffrent weights over a 100 yards. But, for shooting off the back deck it shouldn't be a drop problem!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
I was thinking the same thing Leech.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
first he has to get the scope adjusted...............    just sayin...................
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

I wouldn't sight in with those two diffrent weights over a 100 yards. But, for shooting off the back deck it shouldn't be a drop problem!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
where i deer hunt i cant shootz much more them a 100 yards. i've also had this conversation with a few gun and bullet nuts....... they've told me really th only difference is velocity.........these guys like to plink gophers out in north dakota.

been using this method for many years..............

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
As Sherman T Potter would say.
"Horse Pucky" :bonk: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: April 04/26/21, 03:12:24 PM by Leech~~ »
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
... they've told me really th only difference is velocity.........these guys like to plink gophers out in north dakota.

been using this method for many years..............

180 grain vs 220 grain 30.06 on gophers in the Dakotas...  :confused:

Naw, I didn't have the heart to post an aftermath clip.