Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Paddle fish season~  (Read 3520 times)

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Also referred to as "spoonbill's" is open in western north dakota....kinda sad really looking at the pic's of successhul friends have sent,prehistoric looking critters,anyone here try it? good the north dakota gfp's put a quota on these old giant fish,I'm told some fish weighed in over 100lbs,cleaning station's have a canning company butchering the fish free for taking the roe to sell.

« Last Edit: April 04/28/21, 09:13:47 AM by snow1 »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
A buddy of mine went down to missouri a few weeks back and fished for them. His wife has relatives down there. They went after them. From what I understand they don't actually bite, you snag them.

From what he told me the fish maybe weighed 50-60 lbs and they only get about 10 lbs of good edible meat off them??? Last I talked to him he hadn't tried it yet
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
yea its tough fishing.your rippin a heavy weighted hook constantly up thru the water colum till you connect not for me
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
My Dad's buddies used to go do that.  A lot of work.  I did get to see one they had caught thought.  Quite a fish.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
yea its tough fishing.your rippin a heavy weighted hook constantly up thru the water colum till you connect not for me
:evil: :evil: awe.....yea......ok........ glenn dont go there!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!