Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: walz....no lead bill?  (Read 1826 times)

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Ive been told,tyrant timmy passed a "no lead bill" ammo/fishing lures that carries a $5k fine,is this true? I looked on our dnr website,no can find but it could be I'm not looking very hard,I find it hard to belive if true.

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
I know a bill was introduced. I don't think anything has passed. A governor cannot pass a bill. Personally I think a lead ban goes way too far.

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Lots of things get talked about, few get passed. Before you can pass a bill you need to figure out the enforcement side. I have no problem with a lead ban. It will take years and years to phase it in. We will either be dead or won't care by that point.

I'd be more concerned about the money he wants to spend.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Well I cant see anyone approving a 5k fine. That's a bit crazy when other Law fines like taking a Deer out of season or speeding is only a few $100.
But, no one said libbers are stable with all their grandiose save the world ideas!  :doofus:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Cast my own lead conicsls for muzzleloading and a lot if not all of my favorite fishing jigs are lead. We have lots of bigger issues than this. ILet it be.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Cast my own lead conicsls for muzzleloading and a lot if not all of my favorite fishing jigs are lead. We have lots of bigger issues than this. ILet it be.
I agree. Let it be. Easiest thing to do would be ban the manufacturing of lead jigs and let it naturally work its way out. I know I am not going start over with reloading my tackle box.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Agree. As db said it'll have to be thought thru & phased in gradually. There are a lot of lead shells, bullets, tackle, etc. out here. It'll take time to get it used up or bought back... :rolleyes:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)