Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Enjoy the week  (Read 2785 times)

Offline GrandpaTom

• Master Outdoorsman
Only in Minnysota!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
very true!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Good one GT!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Ain't that the truth, GT? Was just thinking that last nite, sitting on the patio, having a cocktail & a deep discussion with Ruby. Dead calm, great G&T, no bugs and the toads are getting it cranked up down in the wetland. All the sudden I hear this buzzing noise. Thought at first it was a June bug but as it got closer it sounded like a June bug on steroids. It whapped against the sliding glass door and fell onto the landing. What the...?!?! Here's a big bug, 2" long, bigger than the cockroaches we played with in the U of M greenhouses. I got my phone out but it wanted nothing to do with me. It wouldn't sit still & got into the darkness quickly, hence the crummy pic. Giant water bug. Had seen them in insect collections but never up close and personal. Knew they were capable of a nasty bite so didn't pick it up. Might've come from the wetland/pond area.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lethocerus_americanus

Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
I had one of them get me with his pincers when I was a young lad. How can a bug be that strong? I kilt it.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yea those things are big, never got bit by one...

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks like a small turtle.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
yea those things are big, never got bit by one...

I didn't realize they could fly until the other nite. How'd ya like to catch one of those babies in the face while out riding yer bike? Ouch!!!!  :huh:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
been hit by june bugs, that's bad enough!!! 

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
been hit by june bugs, that's bad enough!!!
Just missed a pheasant one time. She bounced off the headlight and went by my ear..   

Online fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
Had a turkey go across the hood a couple weeks ago. Actually had the tail feathers touch the right edge of the windshield. If she was a hair slower or I was a bit faster it would have been like a bowling ball ending up in my wife’s lap.