Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: keep those bugs away  (Read 4328 times)

Offline GrandpaTom

• Master Outdoorsman
Anyone try this?

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
interesting!!!!!! :happy1: it should also include mint!!!!!!! :happy1: here is a reciepe someone told me about and works great.

1 jug of mint mouth wash. .NEEDS TO BE MINT FLAVOR.
a tblp spoon of epsom salt.........why he or i dont know why???????

add this to a gallon of water in one of them pump sprayers you use for weed killer etc.
it works ;like a charm up at the cabin. i usually by the bigger bottle of mint mouth wash at the dollar tree  for a buck!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Then you drink the rest, eliminating the need for a stool softener while getting a jag on!  :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Then you drink the rest, eliminating the need for a stool softener while getting a jag on!  :happy1:
nope use other liquids for that!!! :rotflmao:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
What bugs are you talking about? Spray right on garden plants?
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
What bugs are you talking about? Spray right on garden plants?
IF your asking me. It's for mosquitoes. Pump spray, it around the yard and where your going to be, like around a fire ring. In front of the house.

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
OK.....thought it might be for garden insects.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
OK.....thought it might be for garden insects.
Ken, the guy that told me about this says his wife uses it around her flowers and bushes when she is working in them. they live in a semi wooded area and i think there is water nearby.

i'm going to try and pay attention this summer up north to see how these little annoying ankle biting flys we get up there at the cabin react to it. i do know that the skeeter beater stuff works really good on the flys, only thing is once that stuff is wet.....it doesnt work anymore. this concoction seems to work for 3-4 days on the skeeters!!!!

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
Only problem I have with garden insects are with Cabbage Loopers on my Cole Crops and with potato beetles. Can't seem to get rid of the little buggers. I try to find as many egg clusters as I can.

This year I will plant potatoes in a single long row to get more clusters. With the loopers I am going to try putting a thin Remay on to keep the Butterflies from laying eggs. I really hate using an insecticide on what we eat.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Since I have an absolute hatred for flies, and since fleet farm doesn't seem to carry the bait packets anymore you just dump in the jar type thing I tried with skepticism this thing. Works good  :happy1: think it was 5.99 at the store then never has anything anymore. :rotflmao: