Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Our AMMUNITION~  (Read 3875 times)

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Dilemma,don't know about you guyz but I'm concerned about our lack of available ammunition,factory loads have been dried up for months with no end in site of getting better.

So thinking this company quietly purchasing our ammunition companies was chinese co-vert operation to bleed us dry of our ammo,here is what I found.

the company "Outdoor vista" owns Our highly recognized brands include Federal Premium, CamelBak, Bushnell, Camp Chef, Remington, Primos, Blackhawk, Bell, Giro, Bushnell Golf, Primos, Eagle, RCBS, CCI, HEVI-Shot, Speer and many others.

money backer "george soro's"

mr anti gun/gov't himself.this is a bad deal.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I hate to buy into conspiracy theories, but when you see how much ammo is not ever on the shelves... 

I still haven't seen a reasonable explanation.

For all the 2nd Amendment-loving folks that work at ammo plants across the country, if there truly was something nefarious going on, you'd hope some whistle blower would find a legit media outlet to cover the story.

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
So snow1, do you think the companies are all lying to us when they say they are producing tmmo but cant keep up with demand? As Steve-o says this would have been widespread news long ago if it were true. This seems like another nutty conspiracy theory. I'm not buying into it.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Still, something isn't adding up.

I get it, hoarders are going to scoop up ammo as soon as it hits the shelves.

And not all ammo hits the shelves.  For example, gun sellers will reserve ammo so that if someone buys a gun, they will sell them a couple of boxes of ammo.  And I'm not so naïve to not think that some shops may offer ammo to preferred customers before it hits the shelves.

Maybe gun ranges are getting priority shipments to help them stay afloat.  I don't know if that is true for all ranges, but I know Bill's was able to keep a supply of ammo locally over the winter without excessive price gouging.  (I don't know if that is still true now.)

I read where Black Hills Ammo added a 5th 10 hour shift (they normally run 4 shifts per week).  The capitalist in me asks why aren't they running 24/7, but their rationale is the don't want to invest in capital that will sit idle and human resources that will need to get laid off after the spike declines.   And for all I know they may have issues sourcing components too.

Big Green has been shut down, but where is all the Winchester White Box and Federal Eagle ammo?  I know Hickock45 still gets all the ammo he needs, but what about the rest of us?   :confused:

You'd think a place like Fleetfarm or Cabelas (we can forget about Dick's, but I digress) would get a few cases of .308 or .270 or .45 or 30.06 or .223 or 9mm or .380 that would hit the shelf, which folks will scoop up - but if this was happening - you'd hear about it on the grapevine... But you don't hear that.   :scratch:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Well yesterday my local sporting goods store called said they finally re'ved the .22 ammo I've been waiting for,(long rifle hp quiet loads CCI) holy sheep shete,$8.75/box bit the bullet so to speak,beggers can't be chooser's,snooped around for 12ga target loads,as the shop was stocking shelves,some off brand name $15/box,,,pass as much as I love to shoot,this is crazy,with early goose season around the corner they didn't have anything for hunters yet.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
snow, I did talk to a couple of Federal reps. at the high school trap shoot in Alex. last month. They told me they are running 24/7. I then asked why isn't there any ammo at gun clubs to sell to people to shoot trap, skeet and sporting clays? No answer, 1,000 mile stare. I pointed out to them they should really consider getting more ammo to these clubs so the adults along with 15,000 high school kids could continue shooting. I went on and  mentioned that if these kids quit shooting because there's no ammo they will soon be out of business too. We're finally getting some younger people to registered trap shoots in the past five years where I'm not the young guy, age 61, and these people don't see the potential for sales of their product. I wasn't the only one chew on them either. I'll get off the soapbox now. Thanks for listening.
mm

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
So is the military taking all of the ammo?

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Good on you mark,I hunt with a good friend that owns a sporting goods shop,family owned for 80+ years,we have this ammo shortage conversation often,my go to is winchester AA's for targets,he tells me these top brand manufacturers no longer take store calls,they get a voice mail recording,basically telling stores they will get product when they get it most orders have been placed last summer...rooney made a good point last spring and I concur with rooney,I'm not bying these excuses either,so in the mean time my target shotguns are collecting dust,it's a shame and frustrating.

Also I shoot for Hevi shot,same deal no ammo available but since Hevi shot was bought out last spring by "adventures outdoors"  same company that bought out federal,remington and many others,I googled this company figured it was china owned,"george soro's name popped up in 2015,go figure.mr anti American.

so in the meantime what little ammo we get we pay the piper.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
So is the military taking all of the ammo?

Back in 2015 when we had this obummer ammo shortage we were told the military was taking all the small calibur ammo (.22rimfire)for urban warfare live fire practice rather than .223.5.56 ...this was federals answer back then

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
my wife, granddaughter  and her fiance just called, they are at the Reeds in onamia................no 180 grain 30-06 shells. they got 150 and 165 though.......dont want them. :confused: :doah: :pouty:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Bummer. They had about 8 boxes of the 180 grain in walker.
Hey look your bobber is up!