Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: No fishing for a while  (Read 2475 times)

Offline gophergunner

• Master Outdoorsman
Good afternoon gentlemen. Long time no talk to. Well, to make a long story short, my back's all screwed up. I managed to come down with a really nasty bacterial infection in the leads for my pacemaker, and my spine.  I was on antibiotics for two months, and now I go into the hospital on Friday for M.R.I.'s on my spine. My back's bad to the point I can't walk without a walker. I spend most of my time in the bed. Looks like I'm heading towards back surgery.  No fishing this year, and I'm just hoping I can deer hunt this fall, even if from sitting in the truck with a handicap tag.  Hold down the fort for me boys, and I hope to be back to snuff as soon as modern medicine will allow me.

Online fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
Wow, that sounds painful. Good luck on getting it taken care of.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
damn GG hoping for the best. that must also mean momma dont gotta worry about you attacking her either then!!!!!! :evil: :rotflmao:

seriously.....get better bud!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Well, that sucks for sure....man, I hope you get well soon!
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We mentioned awhile back that we hadn't seen you for awhile.  I think Glenn brought it up.  I had back surgery 25 years ago.  Worked great.  May be feeling it now but big deal.  They do a much better job that they used to so you are a lucky guy.  ????  I hope it helps you and I am sure it will.  Let us know how it all pans out and good luck to you.  Keep in touch stranger!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
my best to you GG!!   good luck!!!! 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Hope it all goes well for you GG and you're back at it ASAP.  :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah, best wishes on getting that bod in shape so you can do the things you enjoy.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Best of luck to you GG!!! Hope the surgery goes well and have you up and running to chase the big bucks this fall.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
prayer for your healing double G! hope you can walk tall wen recovered
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Get well GG. Keep a positive attitude. It helps. :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline gophergunner

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks for the kind comments guys. With all this spare time on my hands, I've been collecting some antique lures, mostly Pikie Minnows, but a few others too.Starting to unearth some of the oddball colors.I can't sit up at the bench to tie flies or build rods. Had to find something to do to occupy my time. Also been following the Brainerd girls fastpitch teams. They've got one heck of a program over there. I'm a fastpitch junkie from following my daughter around for over 10 years. She was a pitcher/1st baseman and played all the way through freshman year of college.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Prayers for a complete recovery, GG.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
That stinks GG, move up to get away from the crap of the city's and have back issues.  Get well and get back out. Sorry to hear it..

Offline gophergunner

• Master Outdoorsman
My neighbor across the street said I can come over and fish off his dock, but I think I'm just gonna pass on that, as I'm a little concerned about my walker on the dock. I'm just gonna have to wait.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Maybe when it finally warms up that will sound fun to you.   :happy1:

Offline gophergunner

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks again for the well wishes guys. It's just killing me watching all the neighbors prepping their boats. My neighbor across the street cane over to see if I was well enough to go out for a couple hours, but tere's just no way.  He'll fish rigt off his dock starting at midnight. The walleyes should be in shallow, and if so, he'll probanly catch two or three. He usually does. Everyone please be careful out there, and have a good time.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
good luck!!  and get better!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
good luck!!  and get better!!
X2...what Mikey said!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
X3 what Mikey said!!!!
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline gophergunner

• Master Outdoorsman
Going in next week to get a defibrillator implanted. We start working on my back in June. Most likely headed towards rods in my back. I'd have to say it's not looking good for deer season the lon ger this drags on.