Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: 2021 fishing opener  (Read 7369 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
opener is a week away. anyone with big plans???? any place special your headed to????

me..........i'm avoiding again the ameatur hour. my brother will be at the cabin as usual. i'll probably go up on may 23rd, got a grad party the 22nd. :doah: kinda gotta go to keep peace on the wifey's side of the family.

the other day got an email notice from the DNR this weekend is take a mom fishing weekend but found it kinda funny they cant fish for walleyes or pike!!!!! :scratch: :scratch:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
why do you find that funny when the season for them is closed??? 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
why do you find that funny when the season for them is closed???
maybe funny isnt the right word, but..........isnt the intent of getting a mom out fishing on a weekend designated as such to be able to fish for all species.

maybe its just me, but thats what i would envision it to be for.  i get it for some reason this is an odd year as to how it falls??????? :scratch: :surrender:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I hear ya... 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Couldn't convince my brother that it wasn't this weekend :tut: until he actually read it in the booklet he got with his new license. :tut:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
I think your nuts not wanting to dump a boat in the opener Glenn,  especially the area you have access to. Call it what you want at the access but you'll be missing out again while playing in your garden..  :doah:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I think your nuts not wanting to dump a boat in the opener Glenn,  especially the area you have access to. Call it what you want at the access but you'll be missing out again while playing in your garden..  :doah:
at the cabin??? My brother has that opening weekend. Around home, I don't like bumper boats. And my boat is in the shop. :confused: :confused: motor won't start, ran good all last year??? Think  it's a carb thing. Then as long as I was at it I convinced momma To let me get a new locator. Hummingbird helix with the lake chip  :dancinred: :dancinred: :rocker;
« Last Edit: May 05/09/21, 07:36:41 AM by glenn57 »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: More carb problems? What's up with that? :confused: Didn't you have the same problem this winter with either a wheeler or a sled & took it to the guy over by the SL cemetery? Bad gas, not enough stabilizer? Put the muffs on ours, gave the bulb 2-3 squeezes, & ~ the 3rd time the Yammie rolled over it started purring. A healthy dose of Seafoam & Star Tron @ the end & start of each season usually here.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
NEVER before had that with the boat

Yea that was my snowmobile I took to Dirks, that hasn't been ran in 4 years, or longer, and I took the gas out of it. I expected that, but now that it's at the cabin I will be able to start and run it during the summer months.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
What the heck Glenn.  Get a new retirement boat.  Why die with a bunch of money in the bank?  That was my theory when I got mine.  Love it.  Go look at and price the boat of your dreams and see what it costs you.  I love boat shopping.
« Last Edit: May 05/09/21, 11:41:34 AM by LPS »

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
glenn is selling his boat???? bout time, cant put fish in it anyway
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Should be priced right.  It doesn't run.   :sleazy:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
NEVER before had that with the boat

Yea that was my snowmobile I took to Dirks, that hasn't been ran in 4 years, or longer, and I took the gas out of it. I expected that, but now that it's at the cabin I will be able to start and run it during the summer months.
Yeah, anything sittin that long empty I'd be surprised if their wasn't some fuel issues gettin it goin again. I try to run our sled & auger every month if I can, at least every couple.
« Last Edit: May 05/09/21, 12:43:28 PM by Gunner55 »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
What the heck Glenn.  Get a new retirement boat.  Why die with a bunch of money in the bank?  That was my theory when I got mine.  Love it.  Go look at and price the boat of your dreams and see what it costs you.  I love boat shopping.
I like this boat, don't want another. There's thread on IDO about boat prices.  :doofus: :crazy: about the same as lumber.

Boar....  :mooning: bite me!!! :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Here's 1 you might be able to afford :scratch:, even looks a little like yours to me.https://duluth.craigslist.org/boa/d/duluth-lund-14-karavan-trailer/7318121700.html ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Nope, mine is a 16 ft Lund 1600 stinger. Even replaced the floor in it because if ALL the fish that have been in it. :sleazy:
« Last Edit: May 05/09/21, 01:55:59 PM by glenn57 »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: :doah:                                      :rolleyes: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Curious guyz,haven't fished minnesota opener for a couple years as no walleye season in the dakota's,but growing up in minni,our opener was always mother's weekend,"why the change"  no wonder the boat access was slow on white bear lake yesterday.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Curious guyz,haven't fished minnesota opener for a couple years as no walleye season in the dakota's,but growing up in minni,our opener was always mother's weekend,"why the change"  no wonder the boat access was slow on white bear lake yesterday.
pretty sure that's trumps fault!!!!!!!! :nerd: :super smiley: :super smiley: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll:

:oops1: :sorry: Gunner made me!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Asked the same of the little store where we get the Sunday paper a while back & he explained it as it's the Saturday that's the closest to the 15th. :scratch: We thought it was always the Saturday after the 1st full week in May too, which was always the same weekend as Mother's Day. :confused:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
pretty sure that's trumps fault!!!!!!!! :nerd: :super smiley: :super smiley: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll:

:oops1: :sorry: Gunner made me!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

LOL, who put a quarter in you today glenn? and don't blame Gunner...

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :tut: Don't waste $.24, snow!  ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
HEY.......HD sends me bonus checks to stir the pot!!!!!!!!!! :sleazy: :evil: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
glenn,I'm begining to think everything boar and dotch say about you is true... ;)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
glenn,I'm begining to think everything boar and dotch say about you is true... ;)
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: man oh man..talk about a couple of bad influences!!!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
at the cabin??? My brother has that opening weekend. Around home, I don't like bumper boats. And my boat is in the shop. :confused: :confused: motor won't start, ran good all last year??? Think  it's a carb thing. Then as long as I was at it I convinced momma To let me get a new locator. Hummingbird helix with the lake chip  :dancinred: :dancinred: :rocker;

glenn,you'll love the hummer....locator that is,DI or SI model? what size,local stores near me were/have been sold out of 9's,10's all spring,maybe shipments by june,so you got lucky twice one for the okay from the boss and 2) finding one in stock although I  think the 5's and 7's were available DI models.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Not sure the model  :scratch: I made it clear all I want is to be able to read depth and the lake chip. It's a helix 5. Got it at in tune marine in Richmond where the boat is to look at my motor. Figured kill 2 birds with one stone. :happy1:

And I watched him pull the chip and locator off the shelf and set it aside.

My current one, a lowrance is going into my stepdad boat at the cabin. I got the A-ok from him.
« Last Edit: May 05/10/21, 09:51:09 AM by glenn57 »

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
HEY.......HD sends me bonus checks to stir the pot!!!!!!!!!! :sleazy: :evil: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

I want a refund cause you suck at it!  :nerd:
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

I want a refund cause you suck at it!  :nerd:
:doah: :shocked: :shocked: