Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: sharpening saw blades  (Read 4252 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
anyone know of anyone or do there own skill saw/circular saw blade sharpening???? when i cut the plywood for my trailer the other day, my blade definelty needs to be sharpened.

i looked at a couple u'toobe vidoes. also googled harbor freight for a gadget to sharpen them??? cheapest one was about 60 bucks......
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I know it sounds wasteful but I just buy a bunch now and then and simply replace dull blades.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I know it sounds wasteful but I just buy a bunch now and then and simply replace dull blades.
i've given that some serious thoughts myself!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I replace the skill saw blades, but get the table saw blades re-sharpened.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I went to the don't even think of coming in without a mask on store and bought an 8 dollar rip/ crosscut blade. Don't use the saw much more then 4-5 times a year. I'll get the other one sharpened for a spare.
« Last Edit: May 05/13/21, 10:27:14 AM by glenn57 »

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
man yur cheap!!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
man yur cheap!!
:confused: :shocked: :shocked: hey I'm on a really fixed income  :confused: :pouty:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Do let us know what they charge to sharpen the old one.

I ain't rippen' ya, i'm just curious.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Do let us know what they charge to sharpen the old one.

I ain't rippen' ya, i'm just curious.
the brochure said $4.00. we shall see.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
man yur cheap!!
:confused: :shocked: :shocked: hey I'm on a really fixed income  :confused: :pouty:

I'm on a fixed income too. I fixed it last week and gave myself a $500.00 a month raise......for state taxes. Had to pay in this year. :thumbs:
mm

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup you need more expenses Mark to lower your income......

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
and make sure they take taxes out!!  some don't take state taxes or federal...  just sayin cause it happened to me... 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Gotta agree with mikey, it's much easier for most to have a little taken out every month than to come up with a good chunk at the end of the year.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
and make sure they take taxes out!!  some don't take state taxes or federal...  just sayin cause it happened to me...
i had taxes taken out all my life. when i retired pension and S.S. takes federal out but not state..........so i owe the state.  :confused: :angry2: :angry2:

i'm now set up on a quarterly payment plan.  i thought of using my annuity to pay off the house, my tax guy did the math........if i did that i'd had to take an extra 60,000 to pat taxes and withdrawal..........eff.... that!!!!!! :crazy:

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman

That was the reason for monthly increase. I wasn't taking out anything for state taxes. This retirement thing is new to me.
 lps, I'll post pictures of my latest expense when it's finished. Can't wait for it to be done. :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
That was the reason for monthly increase. I wasn't taking out anything for state taxes. This retirement thing is new to me.
 lps, I'll post pictures of my latest expense when it's finished. Can't wait for it to be done. :happy1: :happy1:
same here Mark. quite the eye opener. and i was fortunate enough to have health Ins till june now thats getting close to.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm so poor  ;) I don't have to have any federal or state taxes taken out. In fact I normally don't even have to file if I don't want too, but I usually do anyway as it's free for me to e-file. Brother took his pension as 1 lump sum & did a direct rollover into an annuity. He had crunched the #'s & found he could get another $100/month doing it that way. He can change/stop his monthly $ any time he wants on-line & has several times. One needs to really read the fine print on an annuity as the penalties for early withdrawal are almost criminal. :tut: :pouty:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm so poor  ;) I don't have to have any federal or state taxes taken out. In fact I normally don't even have to file if I don't want too, but I usually do anyway as it's free for me to e-file. Brother took his pension as 1 lump sum & did a direct rollover into an annuity. He had crunched the #'s & found he could get another $100/month doing it that way. He can change/stop his monthly $ any time he wants on-line & has several times. One needs to really read the fine print on an annuity as the penalties for early withdrawal are almost criminal. :tut: :pouty:
:tut: :tut: :tut: IT IS criminal........not almost!!!!!!!!! :confused: :angry2: :bs: :surrender: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: VERY SHADY maybe but  :tut: criminal as they always get away with it.  :crazy: Bet they can see the jail across the street though.  :rolleyes: :sad:

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
same here Mark. quite the eye opener. and i was fortunate enough to have health Ins till june now thats getting close to.

I will have insurance through my former employer with Cobra for another nine months yet. Good thing for me, sign up for SS in July. That will help when Cobra runs out. :happy1: :happy1:
mm