Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: So we lost another great one....  (Read 31247 times)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Man we are losing some masters of their crafts!.   RIP Dave.  I remember when he was on late night Tom Snyder show.   After the show Tom said Dave was the most interesting guy he ever had on his show. 
« Last Edit: January 01/19/23, 08:26:15 PM by LPS »

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Yup.....loved him with the original Birds....Then Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young,
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
This one slipped by me back in Dec. Mentioned Angel from The Rockford Files in a post so thought I'd check up on him to see what he's been up to. D'oh! :doah: Really enjoyed this guy whenever I saw him, whether it was on Gunsmoke, MASH, Love American Style & especially on The Rockford Files.

https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/stuart-margolin-dead-the-rockford-files-1235459928/
« Last Edit: January 01/27/23, 09:31:08 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
missed that one too..  he was good!!!   RIP..
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Laverne & Shirley star Cindy Williams dies aged 75

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
He was real cool!  RIP Burt.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
dang I didn't even realize he was still around...  did some great music!  RIP

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I remember in 1st grade, our class had to sing "Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head" in music class.  They were teaching us rhythm and we had to beat two red sticks together in time with the music to represent the rain.  Ta-Ta-Tee-Tee-Ta type stuff.  My music skills never advanced beyond that point.

I always thought it was cool they used that song in the movie "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid" - so out of place for a western. 

He wrote beautiful songs.  I loved his work with Dionne Warwick.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
 Raquel Welch, whose role in the 1966 film “One Million Years B.C.” shot her to stardom and cemented her status as a sex symbol, has died, her management company said.

Raquel Welch dies at 82

dang she was hot!!   RIP.....

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh no  RIP Raquel....

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Too bad she didn't make more films.  RiP

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
She was hot. Still remember her performance on Seinfeld with Julia Louis-Dreyfous. Catfight!!!! 😺May she rest in peace.

Offline Kettle

• Outdoorsman
Tim McCarver today. Enjoyed him announcing games

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
I remember him, great to listen to. Sorry I'm late, but Raquel...ufda. may you both RIP...

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Also sounds like Bruce Willis is in pretty tough shape too!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Darn it!!!   We grew up with some great and classy actors.  RIP

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
thought I heard that too...sad..

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Richard Belzer of Law and Order fame passed away also.
« Last Edit: February 02/19/23, 01:00:03 PM by glenn57 »

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Enjoyed his performances on Law & Order, SNL and some small parts such as in Scarface. May he RIP.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yup he was good..   RIP

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Gary Rossington, the last surviving original member of Lynyrd Skynyrd passed away.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/gary-rossington-founding-lynyrd-skynyrd-013029069.html
« Last Edit: March 03/05/23, 09:18:02 PM by Dotch »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
great music...  RIP...

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Gary Rossington, the last surviving original member of Lynyrd Skynyrd passed away.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/gary-rossington-founding-lynyrd-skynyrd-013029069.html
loved there music....but they were as unreliable as they come when it  came to there performances. we bought tickets twice and cancelled both times.... yea screw that!~

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I saw Gary Rossington play at the MN State when Skynyrd was there & the band started touring again. They weren't the same but still sounded pretty decent. Another band I've had the same problem with is Molly Hatchet. Have had tickets to a couple of their shows. Cancelled both times.  :pouty:
« Last Edit: March 03/06/23, 03:18:11 PM by Dotch »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I read where Robert Blake passed away...   89     Barretta!!!   RIP

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I read where Robert Blake passed away...   89     Barretta!!!   RIP
Blake acquitted for murdering his wife in criminal court, but found guilty of wrongful death in civil court.  He was sued for $30 Mil and went into bankruptcy. 

I could never figure out that civil wrongful death thing...  Yeah, I know it is a lower standard of proof in civil court.  Did he do it?  One jury said there wasn't enough proof, another one said he did it.

OJ must have had better lawyers, because I don't remember the Goldman's getting one, red cent from OJ, and I don't think OJ ever had to declare bankruptcy.   :scratch:

That thought made me google this...

O.J. Still Owes The Goldmans A Lot Of Money And Fred Goldman Is Coming To Collect

In 1997, Simpson was ordered to pay the Goldman family $33.5 million after he lost a civil case for killing Ron Goldman. 10 years later, Simpson was charged with armed robbery for trying to steal back his memorabilia that was taken from him after the suit. He spent the next 11 years in prison.

After being released in 2018, the Goldman family started to notice that Simpson was able to generate some income, but they were not seeing a dime of the money. As of February 2021, O.J has reportedly only paid the Goldman family $132,000, but Simpson’s debt has ballooned due to interest rates, and now he owes the Goldman family over $70 million.
« Last Edit: March 03/10/23, 08:30:20 AM by Steve-o »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
well if OJ did it or not...........he's still a friggin slimeball!!!!!!!!! :confused: