Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: So we lost another great one....  (Read 46319 times)

Offline Bonus

• Outdoorsman
John Mayall passed away. Created a lot of strange music, but "Room to Move" is on my fishing playlist. Eric Clapton, Mick Fleetwood, John McVie, Mick Taylor and Jack Bruce all played in his Blue's Breakers band.
« Last Edit: July 07/25/24, 03:05:32 PM by Bonus »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
I saw that yesterday and wondered if anybody on here would pick up. I’ve been a fan for many years of most of the Blues Breakers and Yardbirds alumni.
« Last Edit: July 07/25/24, 07:29:02 PM by fishwidow »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yes good music...   RIP... 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Absolutely, same here.  :happy1: :happy1:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Somebody requested a Mayall song on 105.5 when we were in town on Wednesday & the DJ said he had just passed away. Yeah, some good old blues played there.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
RIP Greg Kihn

he had some good music..

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
They don't write 'em like that anymore...RIP
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Jack Russell, original vocalist for the glam metal act Great White, has died at the age of 63   RIP

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
damn i like great white toons!!!!!! :pouty:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
We love Great white toons too. RIP Jack. We seen Great White last summer in Walker. They were awesome! Their current lead singer sounded just like Jack.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Phil Donahue host of the "Phil Donahue show" for 3 decades has died.  No cause of death was given, though his family said he'd "passed away peacefully following a long illness."

Still married to Marlo Thomas since 1980.

He was 88.
« Last Edit: August 08/19/24, 12:11:33 PM by KEN W »
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I always liked his show.  I remember some that were classic to me.  Once he had the "We like skunk smell people" or whatever they call them on.  They each carried skunk scent like for trapping with them and would open it and take a quick whiff now and then.  Was a funny show as usual. I kind of like a whiff when I drive down the road ever since I saw that show.  I am sure they took a whiff on the show too. RIP Phil.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Thought I'd beat Mike to it. I hear James Earl Jones passed, good guy and played the roles well.  93 , he lived a good life.

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That really is a loss.  What a great person.  James Earl Jones.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I thought it would be cool to list all his movies... but there are over 100 of them.   :bow:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
just read it, sad deal...  RIP...

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I thought it would be cool to list all his movies... but there are over 100 of them.   :bow:
This will have to do...

James Earl Jones’ 12 Greatest Roles

• ‘The Comedians’ (1967)
  • ‘The Great White Hope’ (1970)
  • ‘Claudine’ (1974)
  • ‘Star Wars’ (1977), ‘The Empire Strikes Back’ (1980), and ‘Return of the Jedi’ (1983)
  • ‘Roots: The Next Generation’ (1979)
  • ‘Conan the Barbarian’ (1982)
  • ‘Matewan’ (1987)
  • ‘Coming to America’ (1988)
  • ‘Field of Dreams’ (1989)
  • ‘The Hunt for Red October’ (1990), ‘Patriot Games’ (1992), ‘Clear and Present Danger’ (1994)
  • ‘The Sandlot’ (1993)
  • ‘The Lion King’ (1994)
I saw all of them except The Comedians, Claudine, and Matewan.  I should try to find The Comedians because it was based on a really good Graham Greene novel.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
sorry, I couldn't resist one more post for the great James Earl Jones...

God Announces He Will Now Be Voiced By James Earl Jones TheBee ;)

HEAVEN — Though many have claimed to have heard the voice of God throughout human history, the Lord will now have a voice that is highly identifiable by all people, as a representative from Heaven confirmed that the deceased James Earl Jones has been contracted to play God's Voice for all eternity.

"It's a natural fit," said a spokesangel shortly after news of Jones's passing made the rounds. "The Lord blessed James Earl Jones with his awesome, booming voice with an eye toward using it for His glory well into eternity. Though Mr. Jones used his voice talent to garner fame and fortune during his time spent on earth, he will now use it in service to God Almighty."

Well-known for his roles in films such as Field of Dreams, The Lion King, and all three movies in the Star Wars franchise, James Earl Jones will now lend his authoritative and pleasant voice to God for whenever He really wants to get the attention of human beings. "Truth be told, there are times when his voice would have come in handy in previous years," the spokesangel continued. "Can you imagine how terrified Moses would have been if he had heard the voice of Darth Vader coming from the burning bush? Forget taking off his sandals, Moses probably would have needed a new pair of shorts."

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman