Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Power of attorney~  (Read 1285 times)

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
long shot here,but someone here might know/refer me to a good family att'y to  guide me through "power of attorney",my little sister had the doc's but she passed away recently.

any advice welcome.
« Last Edit: June 06/10/21, 11:45:00 AM by snow1 »

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Sorry to hear snow1

This is the guy I used for my Mom's Estate. He was a God sent and rates weren't to bad.
There were so many forms I never knew about and this guys office fired them off one at a time in the order they had to be sent in. He can explain all the steps needed. My mom's estate was a mess!  :doah:  Good Luck.  :happy1:

Jeffrey P Carroll
Carroll and Carroll PA
8525 Edinbrook Crossing #102b, Brooklyn Park, MN 55443
Hours: Open ⋅ Closes 5PM
Phone: (763) 898-3910
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Leech,sweet! just what I'm looking for,checked online,so many option but perfer a good referral.

thanx a bunch!

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Leech,sweet! just what I'm looking for,checked online,so many option but perfer a good referral.

thanx a bunch!
Not sure where you live, but you can do things by phone, mail, email, and E-sign some of the forms on-line. 

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
snow1, Sorry for your loss. The first this to do is check if she had a "Durable" Power of Attorney. If not, the POA expires when she died or became incapacitated.

Here's the firm I used for Trust and estate planning.  Just for another option. 
https://www.jpmullenlaw.com/

« Last Edit: June 06/10/21, 01:25:56 PM by deadeye »
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
snow1, Sorry for your loss. The first this to do is check if she had a "Durable" Power of Attorney. If not, the POA expires when she died or became incapacitated.

Yep, if it was your sisters name on the Will as POA then you will have to get approved by the country the Estate was in.   

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yup good luck snow1..   and sorry for your loss... 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!