Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: I'm at Abbott for a couple weeks  (Read 4432 times)

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Glad to hear you're going home. :happy1: :cool: Take care !!
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Update.
Second scan was yesterday and didnt give me any definitive answers.  The bleed was between 2 of the coverings.    The blood is being reabsorbed slowly..  still going home today !!!!.

Couple Facebook friends have forwarded a few studies showing these. Types of strokes are being link ed to covid  vaccine.  I call b.s..  I'm a middle aged ,fat, out of shape person that looks downward at my phone for hours per day.  Our uncles and fathers never looked downward into their hands.  I've been and am being forced to put the phone down due to pain.  I will continue to use technology but for no more than 30 per day.    This little update is painful.

I'm glad to hear things are improving.  In the future, after recovery, I hope you can explain the connection between phone time and the issue and the cause and affect.

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
Thanks guys.  Got the 9k fro the dr to take a couple 3 days up north next weekend with my daughter and wife.
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks guys.  Got the 9k fro the dr to take a couple 3 days up north next weekend with my daughter and wife.

Dang, how did you get the dr to give you 9k?  I usually have to paid the bast-ards!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Sounds like a good plan DK, good to hear your doing much better!!

Online delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman

Always good to get out of hospital, even just for a few days.    It's full of sick people.

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman

Dang, how did you get the dr to give you 9k?  I usually have to paid the bast-ards!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Should have been OK

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
1st night home . Longgg Hot shower,  food and MY bed.

I don't know if this is permanent and I hope it's not but food tastes like s***. The only thing that tastes normal is fruit and that is just like it should. My wife is made some of her banana bread muffins. Same recipe last 25 years they don't change. Tasted like s***

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
hopefully that all gets better too!!  glad to hear you are home, stay safe!!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman

I don't know if this is permanent and I hope it's not but food tastes like s***. The only thing that tastes normal is fruit and that is just like it should. My wife is made some of her banana bread muffins. Same recipe last 25 years they don't change. Tasted like s***
A friend of mine about 15-16 years back had something similar to you and food tasted like crap for him too. Strange thing he figured out. Taking fish oil pills corrected it for him. Not sure if it will help you, but worth a shot if you don't already take them.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"
Glad things are improving, continued prayers for a full recovery.
www.mnoutdoorsman.com
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman

Maybe you have to try eating more spicy foods for a while to get some flavor until your taste comes back?   :scratch:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!