Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: NFL Stuff  (Read 51001 times)

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah, it was way more fun to watch the Manning brothers.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Thought I seen something where the NFL just got rid of ALL COVID  :bs:. Anyone else see this???
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah, the whole county seems over Covid - everyone 'cept the Biden's Administration of course.  ;) 

It was never follow the science.  It was always follow the money and try to figure out which way the political wind was blowing.

Now that a 'UGE chunk of money has been made by Big Pharma and Biden finally realizes most Americans are sick of Draconian mandates, he says, "Get kids back in school."  Thanks for the leadership, chief.   :rolleyes:

But as far as the NFL was concerned, keeping all those testing regimes and isolation protocols in place was costing them money.  To them, testing players for weed and Covid is bad for business.   :rotflmao:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Seen it coming when they were forced to get rid of the bubble at the combine & did so with no backlash whatsoever.
« Last Edit: March 03/04/22, 05:58:29 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Packers and Rodgers have agreed to terms on a four-year, $200 million deal. It makes him the highest paid player in league history. He’ll get $153 million guaranteed, and it will reduce his cap number of $46.66 million.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
Seahawks agree to trade Russell Wilson to Broncos.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman

There is no way I would give up this much for Russell Wilson...

The Broncos have agreed to trade
- quarterback Drew Lock,
- tight end Noah Fant,
- defensive lineman Shelby Harris,
- two first-round picks,
- two second-round picks and
- a fifth-round pick
to the Seahawks for Wilson and a fourth-round pick, sources said.

The Broncos don't strike me as a team that is only one good quarterback away from a Superbowl title.   :scratch:

And if they aren't ready, they have mortgaged their ability to get better immediately by sending away so many high draft choices.  By the time they can improve the squad, Wilson will be that much older and likely will have diminished skills.  :doah:

I definitely like the Seahawks side of this deal.  :happy1:

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Packers and Rodgers have agreed to terms on a four-year, $200 million deal. It makes him the highest paid player in league history. He’ll get $153 million guaranteed, and it will reduce his cap number of $46.66 million.

So Aaron :queen: Rodgers gets to have his day.  He is the highest paid player in NFL league history.   :kingscourt:

That is until the next big time free agent QB signing knocks him off his thrown.  (They'll both be  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: all the way to the bank.)

I can't wait to hear Rodgers whine when the Packa's can't afford to keep Devante Adams.  Or maybe they pay Adams big bucks and A-Rog whines about them not being able to afford top notch offensive linemen.  Or b!tc#es when the defense can't stop anyone.

Offline fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman

The Broncos have agreed to trade
- quarterback Drew Lock,
- tight end Noah Fant,
- defensive lineman Shelby Harris,
- two first-round picks,
- two second-round picks and
- a fifth-round pick
to the Seahawks for Wilson and a fourth-round pick, sources said.

The Broncos don't strike me as a team that is only one good quarterback away from a Superbowl title.   :scratch:

And if they aren't ready, they have mortgaged their ability to get better immediately by sending away so many high draft choices.  By the time they can improve the squad, Wilson will be that much older and likely will have diminished skills.  :doah:

Spot on. Shades of Herschel Walker.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i've heard with the signing of Erin....adams is going to get the franchise tag........... but i thought i read earlier he wouldnt play under the tag??/ :doofus: :doofus:

yea Erin is all about him.so much for being a team guy!!!!!!!

an injury to him and the pack are burnt toast!!!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
So he is sucking the life out of the Pack like Cousins is doing here.  How much money is enough?  So maybe you like getting nailed by big linemen and linebackers since you have taken up all of the money that would have provided protection.  AND k-aaron getting the player of they year is a joke too.  Just cuz they won one of the weakest divisions in football???   I don't get it. I would have loved to have Wilson here but at a reduced cost definitely not a spend the farm to get him deal.  I would be surprised if they even win their division now or the next few years too since they gave away those big draft picks.  Well good luck to them.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman

Bad deal ESPECIALLY since Wilson was sick of playing for the 'Hawks.  Ya think that might have caused the price to be lower.  (Or maybe it did lower the price.  :scratch:)

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
Packers officially use franchise tag on Davante Adams. Adams will play 2022 for $18.419 million if he plays on the tag. The sides have until July 15 to work out a long-term deal.
« Last Edit: March 03/08/22, 03:46:30 PM by KEN W »

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Adams doesn't have a choice if tagged. He plays or retires. Nobody walks away from $18 million.

Erin has his day in the sun and sticks the Packers. It's a good day to be the queen of the dance in Packerland. 
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
On first blush, the players thought the Franchise Tag was a good deal for them, so they agreed to it in collective bargaining.

But now seeing the long term effects, none of those guys want to play on the Franchise Tag.  Yeah, they get "Top-5" money for one year, but if they get hurt, they might never get another contract - or at least another big contract.

They like as much money guaranteed up front as possible, and then it doesn't matter so much if they get hurt, or cut; if they win or if they lose.  They got paid.  And I'm not blaming them because that is how the system works.

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
Commanders offered high picks in the 2022, 2023, and 2024 for Wilson. But he had a no trade clause and didn't want to go to Washington. Plus the Seahawks wanted him to go to the AFC. AFC West is now loaded with QB's. Wilson, Mahommes, Carr, and Justin Herbert.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman

Here's to rubbing more salt in the old wound...

Herschel Walker to the Minnesota Vikings: The Best Trade in NFL History

In 1989, at the peak of Walker's NFL career, the Cowboys sent Herschel Walker to the Vikings for five players and six draft picks.

The players were LB Jesse Solomon, DB Isiac Holt, RB Darrin Nelson, LB David Howard, and DE Alex Stewart.

The picks turned into players such as Emmitt Smith, Russell Maryland, Kevin Smith, and Darren Woodson.

Walker played (only) two years for the Vikings and NEVER surpassed 1,000 rushing yards.

To think we could have had Emmitt Smith AND everyone else.   :doah: :censored: :mad1: :angry: :angry2: :puke:

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
The most important name Dallas had was Jimmy Johnson.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I saw maybe 5 minutes of the combine and Pete Carrol was smiling.  Now I know why.  He took Denver to the cleaners.  I bet he is just giddy with all of that trade material. 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 Not a Pete fan ever since his USC days & they need a lot of help especially on defense. That's 1 reason Wilson wanted out IMO, he felt he had to carry the team. Many thought that Denver was only a player or 2 away last year too, so we'll see. :scratch: Awfully tough division though. :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: March 03/09/22, 06:07:47 PM by Gunner55 »

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
The Billion dollar TV / Streaming deals the NFL is signing is just another blow to the fans. Yes there will be more exposure for those willing to pay for it. But winning will mean less and less as we go forward. They keep adding play-off teams so you don't really need to be that good to make the play-offs. Won't be long and the NFL will be like the college bowl scene, 5-6 record gets you a bowl.

TV bank accounts are full, stadiums are full, gambling is legal, people don't care about the moral compass on players. Congress closes their eyes. How can life be better as a NFL owner?

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
So Florio who is pretty knowledgeable but not always right predicts that Brady will go to the 49ers. I would take Garrapolo over Cousins any day.  He got his team to the Championship game twice and the SB once.  Cousins has won one playoff game in his whole career.  I have heard Cousins to the Colts or Seattle....   :sleazy:

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
So Florio who is pretty knowledgeable but not always right predicts that Brady will go to the 49ers. I would take Garrapolo over Cousins any day.  He got his team to the Championship game twice and the SB once.  Cousins has won one playoff game in his whole career.  I have heard Cousins to the Colts or Seattle....   :sleazy:
I see Garoppolo and Cousins as being interchangeable in general, but here are some differences that could be relevant here.

• Garoppolo had Kyle Shanahan as a coach, Kapt. Kirk had Zimmer.
  • Cousins is the Devil-We-Know.  More importantly, Cousins is the Devil-Kevin O'Connell-Knows from their days in Washington.
  • Justin Jefferson had more receiving yards in his first two seasons than any other receiver in the league.  Think about that.  Cousins was throwing him those balls, so something was working despite Zim's vision for offensive conservatism.
  • I couldn't tell you if Garoppolo is more of an intangible, inspirational leader than Cousins.

BUT, the Vikes could get out of that 2022 cap hit with Cousins' contract and sign an equivalent, middle-of-the-road QB with a more team-friendly deal, it would be tempting.
« Last Edit: March 03/10/22, 04:37:35 PM by Steve-o »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I don't know if he is any better but he has twice as many wins as losses.  I am ready for a change.  Kirk is 50-50 in wins and losses in his career and is a dud in the locker room.  I actually think being a dud in the locker room is a huge issue.  He is the exact opposite as Favre who threw 2 or 3 interceptions a game but had the  great attitude in the locker room and the whole team was behind him.  Kirk motivates noone.
« Last Edit: March 03/10/22, 05:01:23 PM by LPS »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Just watching Jimmy G you can tell he's got more fire in his belly. Weather he is a better QB than cousins, not sure.   :scratch:

Don't really care what they do, but if they get rid of cousins they need someone proven, a backup or rookie ain't gonna cut it. I actually believe cousins could be better now that they got new coaches

Yea Dutchy.... I said it!!🤭🤭😂

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I agree Glenn.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I see where ex viking Jeff Gladney was found not quilty down in Texas. He still may half to deal with the NFL

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Might want to get a good backup too if they get Jimmy G. https://www.draftsharks.com/fantasy/injury-history/jimmy-garoppolo/6981

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman