Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: NFL Stuff  (Read 50918 times)

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
 No delete button????
« Last Edit: March 03/18/22, 04:17:48 PM by KEN W »
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
Roethlisberger was accused of sexually assaulting a Georgia college student following a night of drinking in a Milledgeville, Ga., bar.
 He was not charged by Georgia authorities. Nfl suspended him anyway. I would guess Watson will get at least that much.
« Last Edit: March 03/18/22, 04:20:45 PM by KEN W »

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
Interesting in that yesterday Watson supposedly had eliminated the Browns as a possible trade.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya I remember that Rothlisberger thing.  I think he had to sit out 4-6 games. He did a girl in the bathroom of a party and had a couple of guys outside the door not letting anyone in until he was done with the deed.

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
Originally 6 games. Commissioner reduced it to 4.

I could see the NFL saying that he has already sat out a whole season.....so no more suspension.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That must be what the Browns are thinking too.  SO now Mayfield is looking for a landing spot.  I actually like the guy.  I hope his throwing arm has healed and he has a good year wherever he goes.

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Originally 6 games. Commissioner reduced it to 4.

I could see the NFL saying that he has already sat out a whole season.....so no more suspension.

Problem with this is he was paid last season not to play. If the NFL isn't willing to suspend him they should award him the "NFL man of the year" award and a new Corvette.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Watson going to the Browns. 3 number 1's and 2 number 2's. Baker Mayfield wants to go to the Colts. Now what will the NFL do about Watson?......Suspend him for some games?
So here is the kick in the :mooning: ...

Watson signs fully guaranteed five year $230 Millon contract that starts in 2023.  If (when) he gets suspended in 2022, his annual salary will be divided by 17 games per season, and he will lose that money for each game he is suspended.

But in 2022, he "only" makes $1,000,000.  Most guys would want to start earning that big money right away.  But now for each suspension game, he will only lose $58,000.   :scratch:  If he would have wanted to start making the big money right away, he stood to lose $2.7Million per game.   :undecided:

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Don't think you will see any "Cleveland Proud" tee shirts on the fans. The kid is a pig and now he is a Brown.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I see another therapist just came forward with a civil suit against Watson.  I saw some sports guys talking about massages and said most guys find one that works well with them and they keep that therapist.  So why does Watson keep getting different ones? 

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
The people of Cleveland should be soooo proud of their ownership for bringing this pig to town.   :coffee:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I had the utmost of respect for Stefanski until this fiasco.  Now I don't know what to think.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Not sure Stefanski had the final say in this; probably not.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
The people of Cleveland should be soooo proud of their ownership for bringing this pig to town.   :coffee:

Deshaun Watson subject of lawsuit from 23rd woman alleging sexual misconduct

Watson has not spoken to the media since his introductory news conference on March 25. At that time, Watson said he has “never assaulted or disrespected or harassed any woman in my life.”

P.S.  The lawyer for the women says there will be a 24th case filed soon.  :doah:

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Former Dallas Cowboys running back Marion Barber III was found dead in his home by Frisco Police, the Cowboys announced Wednesday. Barber's cause of death is unknown. He was 38 years old.

"We are heartbroken by the tragic death of Marion Barber III. Marion was an old-school, hard-nosed football player who ran with the will to win every down," The Cowboys said in a statement. "He had a passion for the game and love for his coaches and teammates. Our hearts go out to Marion's family and friends during this time."

Barber was drafted by Dallas in 2005, spending six of his seven seasons in the NFL with the Cowboys before retiring with the Chicago Bears. During the 2007 season, Barber earned a Pro-Bowl appearance.

The former Minnesota Golden Gopher rushed for 35 touchdowns during his standout collegiate career, and ranks fifth all-time in program history with 3,276 rushing yards. He also earned an All-Big Ten nod in 2003 as a redshirt sophomore.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Seen that on the 6 pm news. Sad thing.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Former Dallas Cowboys running back Marion Barber III was found dead in his home by Frisco Police...

Still no word on cause of death.  The family had decided to NOT donate his brain to the CTE study.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
NOW......all you wallyfart fans can be Denver Bronco fans.  :rotflmao: wallyworld owners sounds like they bought the broncos.......  :pouty: :pouty:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
I was already a Broncos fan. Always liked watching Elway!
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I liked watching him too JB!! Unless they played the Vikings!! :rotflmao:

I don't mind the Broncos, just not a Walmart fan! :confused:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
One of the fun things about the NFL is you get to love the teams you love and hate the teams you hate  - for any reason you want.

Some teams like the Cowboys and Seahawks and the Saints (minus Drew Brees) have a seemingly unending list of reasons to hate them.

But over the years, the Broncos never really did anything to evoke those kinds of negative feelings.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
The Browns did a 180.  From everyone finally noticing and liking them to despising them with the Watson pig on board.  I hope Mayfield does get to go to Carolina after the Browns mishandled this whole situation.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I hope the Browns have to come crawling back to Mayfield to ask him to be the starter next season while Watson is suspended.

However, I don't know if it would do any good for Mayfield to hold out for a trade in that scenario.

But I can obviously see why he would say, "I'm not risking my health anymore by playing for the Browns."

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Baker is out with the Browns, they already signed a back-up for Watson when he is suspended.

Denver is now a Walmart town as the slimeball Kroenke (sp) owns the Avs & Nuggets already.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
This...

Baker Mayfield excused from Browns mandatory minicamp next week

Baker Mayfield will be excused from the offseason workout sessions, a mutual decision between him and the team, coach Kevin Stefanski confirmed to reporters Wednesday.

"We felt like that was the best decision for both sides," Stefanski said, declining to discuss further his communication with Mayfield.

All players are subject to more than $90,000 in team fines if they are not present during all three days of mandatory minicamp, but Mayfield's excused absence means Cleveland will not penalize the quarterback.

Still, Mayfield remains on Cleveland's roster, as the team has so far failed to locate a trade partner for the quarterback. Carolina and Seattle remain potential landing spots for Mayfield, as their QB situations remain unresolved, but no move is imminent.

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
There are only 2 teams I really really.....

Puckers and the Cowpies.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I see where 20 out of the 24 who sued Watson have reached a settlement & signed a NDA. :scratch: Now we know why they gave him so much money. :crazy: I'm thinkin King Roger might have a different idea on how this should go, however.  :tut:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
And the settlements have no effect on the NFLs handling of the issue.  It doesn't negate anything.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Right...  And since Watson is "only" going to make $2 Million next year, even if Goodell suspends him for 8 games to start the season, he'll "only" lose $1 Million bucks.

BUT...  The plaintiff laywer's knows Watson is getting $230 Million guaranteed in the years following.

So...  I reckon those ladies that settled their suits got just "a wee bit more" than what the NFL could fine him for.  :sleazy:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
He had to make some kind of offensive move for himself.  Anything for him to do now is better than nothing.  He needs all of our forgiveness too.   SO he better be working at it.  I can't think of him ever having my respect.  OR: Could he be such a dumbazz that these women know they can play him because there was sexual harassment going on.  Even if they sort of enjoyed it, and I am sure some did.  But what a way to put yourself out there when you are a pervert.  It bit him in the ass and I'm glad it did.  One of us would be in jail. 
« Last Edit: June 06/21/22, 05:53:32 PM by LPS »