Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: NFL Stuff  (Read 50791 times)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Don't even want to think about it.

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Cowboys release Elliot.  Rodgers says he is playing for the Jets.  The teams are still settling things.
yep, sounds like the packer brass layed it out according to Sharon.  Didn't the last qb from green bay go to the Jets and wound up here a year later.. :scratch:

Yup.....Farve traded to Jets. Then free agent to the Vikes
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
X2!!!
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
I will never under stand people like Favre, Rogers or Brady who won super bowls and were franchise hero's not just walking away with the life time fame?  They would make millions in commercial and endorsements in Wisconsin.  Then to only be remembered as the sellouts!   :angry:   :coffee:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
Farve is in the Packer Hall of Fame and his number retired. Not remembered as a sellout.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Farve is in the Packer Hall of Fame and his number retired. Not remembered as a sellout.
Yeah, but it took quite a few years for 'doze Cheeseheads to forgive him.  Remember, as a Vike, Favre spanked 'der :moon:'s pretty hard a couple of times.  They eventually got over it, but it took some time.  And I'll bet some diehard Packers "stockholders" still aren't over it.

(Heck, I'm still a little ruffled when I remember that Allen Page finished his career in Chicago.)  :pouty:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
X2!!!
X 100..........we just got rid of that diva Diggs......dont need another  :doah: especially Erin!!!!!
« Last Edit: March 03/16/23, 06:54:11 PM by glenn57 »
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Yep his stats and the NFL powers that be put him their as he deserves. 
But the fans are who buys stuff off TV commercials!   :happy1:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I see Karen Rodgers is mad that the media posted his wish list for the Jets and is having a hissy fit over it. 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I see Karen Rodgers is mad that the media posted his wish list for the Jets and is having a hissy fit over it.

poor baby.....    :moon:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Some teams never learn...

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
like Mike said...to bad...........what a jagoff!!!!!!!! i'd wish NOONE takes him!!!!!!!

its no wonder he cant keep a woman around.  :doah:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
like Mike said...to bad...........what a jagoff!!!!!!!! i'd wish NOONE takes him!!!!!!!

its no wonder he cant keep a woman around.  :doah:
...Or his family.    :coffee:

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
I don't care about his personal life. That can be kept quiet if thats what he wants. It's his public diva / drama football where he is getting what he deserves. Glenn can tell you I've been on this clowns a$$ for years. Now even the Pecker fans have turned on him. Good for them. Let the Lovefest begin.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks like Adam Thelen found a new home with the Carolina Panthers!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
good for him!! 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: According to WCCO, it's a $25 million/3 yr deal. :cool:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Some more details.

Adam Thielen’s new contract with Panthers puts Vikings request for pay cut to shame

When the Minnesota Vikings asked wide receiver Adam Thielen to take a pay cut earlier in the offseason, he made the best possible decision for himself by politely declining to lower his $11.8 million base salary. After less than a week on the free agency market, Thielen signed a massive three-year $25 million contract with the Carolina Panthers

I absolutely disagree with the article headline.  I don't know how much of a pay cut the Vikings were asking him to take, but the Carolina contract is ALSO less than his $11.8 million base salary with the Vikings.  He took a pretty team-friendly deal with the Panthers.

Spotrac.com:  Adam Thielen Contract History

3 years, $25M, $14M GUARTENTEED.  Annual base salary average = $8.3M.   There is an 'out' after two years for the team, which only has to take a $5M dead cap hit.

I don't know if the Vikings could have offered him as much as the Panthers given their financial constraints, but the way I look at it, Thielen definitely accepted a reduced contract and gave the Panthers team-friendly terms.

The good news is...  It looks like Thielen still has two good years left in him.   :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I agree.  Hope Adam is happy there.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
last gossip is Lamar Jackson is a wildcard to sign with the purple.  yea right.........the Vikings aint gonna have the money to pay him this year!!!

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I think they are just throwing stuff up on the wall hoping something will stick...

2023 NFL free agency matchmaker: Lamar Jackson to the Lions, Odell Beckham Jr. to the Vikings, other scenarios

Aaron Rodgers might want Odell in New York once he officially lands with the Jets, but a bigger opportunity could await OBJ back in Rodgers' longtime division. After parting with Adam Thielen, Minnesota is still in need of a running mate for Justin Jefferson, whose celebrity dynamism is similar to that of a younger Beckham. On a one- or two-year flyer, he makes a lot of sense as a proven route-runner opposite Jefferson's speed, especially with Kirk Cousins entering a make-or-break year.

No thanks.   :coffee:   Some team will get 6 or 7 good games from Beckham and he'll be hurt or pouting for the rest of the time.

Besides, don't need OBJ pi$$ing in JJ's ear.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
last gossip is Lamar Jackson is a wildcard to sign with the purple.  yea right.........the Vikings aint gonna have the money to pay him this year!!!
  :doah: I'll believe that when I see it, he turned down a $250 mil/5-year deal at the beginning of last season because there wasn't enough guaranteed money. Rumor has it that the guaranteed $ was ~ 120-130 mil then. He has come out & said since that he wants a fully guaranteed contract. :crazy: 
« Last Edit: March 03/20/23, 05:20:01 PM by Gunner55 »

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Good luck, Lemar.  :coffee:

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Yesterday one of the talking heads on CBS Radio was trying to get the Jackson to the Jets rumor going. He felt the Packers were trying to get the better end of the Jets for Erin and they should pursue Jackson on a 5 year deal. He might not have been wrong.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Good luck, Lemar.  :coffee:
:scratch: https://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainment/news/Details-of-Ravens-contract-offer-to-Lamar-Jackson-revealed/ar-AA18BVii  :rolleyes:

“Lamar Jackson was offered a deal — that he turned down — that included, at the time it was offered, $133 million due at signing — $133 million guaranteed. The contract also had injury guarantees that brought the total guarantees up to $175 million,” Schefter said. “And it then had a springing guarantee that could have brought the value of the contract, the guaranteed money in the contract, [up] to $200 million guaranteed. Those guarantees were way more than Kyler Murray got from Arizona and way more than Russell Wilson got from the Denver Broncos. Yes, those were the actual numbers and that was the situation.”

What can you say...  Man's gotta feed his family.   :scratch:  :coffee:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
   :scratch: Yeah, maybe he has as many kids as Herschel. :rolleyes:  :bonk:
« Last Edit: March 03/21/23, 08:29:43 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
Interesting in that Lamar Jackson doesn't have an agent. He is negotiating himself.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That's why he is still looking. 

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Interesting in that Lamar Jackson doesn't have an agent. He is negotiating himself.
I say again, good luck, Lamar.   :coffee: