Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: NFL Stuff  (Read 56586 times)

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Jimmy G has 9 INTs & only 7 TDs & Adams has only 14 catches in his last 4 games. Not good for a guy who signed a 5yr/$140 million deal in 2022.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
There are some QBs that just transcend...  make everyone around them better where ever they go.

But for most QBs, I'm starting to think that perceived success or failure has as much to do with coaching, scheme, game plan, and protection as it does with the QBs individual talent.  You put a good guy in a poor spot and his performance will suffer.  Football is the ultimate team game.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
To be fair, he has struggled to stay on the field most of his career.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
NFL Injuries: Daniel Jones 20th Player Sidelined Amid Debate Over Turf

New York Giants quarterback Daniel Jones became the latest NFL player to suffer a leg injury this season — after a likely season-ending Achilles tear for Aaron Rodgers and dramatic injuries to Nick Chubb and Kirk Cousins — as players and the league debate the safety of artificial turf.

I don't think they have a turf problem.  They have a shoe problem.  The players are going to wear the shoes that give them the maximum grip so they can continue to make their amazing athletic moves.  Maybe if they used some shoes that had a little slip in them, they wouldn't be quite as electric, but they might not sustain as many injuries either.  The NFL and the players all talk about safety, but the bottom line is, the better the players perform, the more money everyone makes.

It kind of reminds me of today's bigger, stronger golfers overpowering historic courses.  The PGA will do anything to "Tiger-proof" courses except regulate the technology of the ball - there is too much money in selling those balls to the public to NOT have the pros playing the same equipment.
« Last Edit: November 11/07/23, 08:28:56 AM by Steve-o »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I agree.  The bigger, stronger, faster these guys get the more injuries they may have.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
It's a torn ACL in his right knee & it was ugly on the replay. Their QB2 just went on IR on Saturday too. :rolleyes:

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Boar.....where's the Vikings and Saints pickem thread????
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
NDSU's Carson Wentz signs with the L A Rams.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Good for him.  Being a competent backup QB in the NFL might be the best job in football.   ;)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Wowzer... I see the niners are beating up  the eagles.... on eagles turf! :happy1:  :rotflmao: :rolleyes:

Betting the fans are pretty unruly about now! :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Wonderful isn't it? 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
GB beat KC last night though & Love outplayed Mahomes. :doah: KC had 2-3 of their main guys on their D get hurt bad & probably are out for the rest of the year.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I was reading but kept tuning in and it seemed like they were always taking someone off the field when I looked. 

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
Mahomes played terrible. He was overshooting receivers all night. :thumbs: :thumbs:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
GB plays like that & they will be hard to beat. They already split with Detroit & have an easy schedule left. The game on New Year's Eve could easily be to see who makes the playoffs & who stays home.  :scratch:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
So I am kind of bummed on football today.  Just found out that we are stuck watching the Jaguars and Browns instead of the Lions at the Bears.  Who in this part of the country cares about the Jaguars or Browns?  Then I have to endure watching Dobbs again.  Not looking forward to any of it.  May have to watch movies.  We shall see.
« Last Edit: December 12/10/23, 11:26:28 AM by LPS »

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Friend of mine has a 10 year old daughter playing a hockey tournament in Paynesville this afternoon. I'll be there and won't miss a bit of wasting the afternoon watching the NFL. There are far to many games on far to many days for me to get excited about the NFL any more.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline EyeguyBB

• Minnow
So I am kind of bummed on football today.  Just found out that we are stuck watching the Jaguars and Browns instead of the Lions at the Bears.  Who in this part of the country cares about the Jaguars or Browns?  Then I have to endure watching Dobbs again.  Not looking forward to any of it.  May have to watch movies.  We shall see.
Lions and Bears are on Fox in WI.

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman

But you probably won't have the Vikes and Raiders at 3:30. We obviously won't have both here. Have to have 2 AFC games today. Bills and Chiefs also here at 3:00. CBS has 2 games today. FOX only 1.
« Last Edit: December 12/10/23, 01:45:51 PM by KEN W »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i kinda like watching that Lawrence kid for the jags....... rather then either the lions or fudge packers!!!!!! :evil:

besides all the TV STUFF IS $$$$$$$$$$ driven.

Dutchy you almost gotta cometo cols spring to get to Paynesville!!!! i gotz a really good beer for ya!!! :evil: :happy1:

Offline EyeguyBB

• Minnow

But you probably won't have the Vikes and Raiders at 3:30. We obviously won't have both here. Have to have 2 AFC games today. Bills and Chiefs also here at 3:00. CBS has 2 games today. FOX only 1.
You are correct, No Vikes game here in WI at 3:30.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
da bears are beating up da lions!!!!!!! :sleazy:

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
Da Bears beat the Lions. :happy1:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
The Lions have 1 of the toughest schedules of anbody left to play. They have Denver at home this week, then they play Dallas in Dallas in between the Vikes 2 games with 'em.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I picked the Vikes with 11 wins in my pool with the brothers.  I need to win them all. 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I picked the Vikes with 11 wins in my pool with the brothers.  I need to win them all. 
:scratch:........................ :rolleyes:.......................... :rotflmao:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
The Lions have 1 of the toughest schedules of anbody left to play. They have Denver at home this week, then they play Dallas in Dallas in between the Vikes 2 games with 'em.

Denver, Vikings, Dallas, Vikings is one of the toughest schedules of any left to play?  :scratch:  :confused:

OK.  Technically the Vikings ARE a playoff team, if the season ended right now.  But it ain't always who ya play...  its when ya play 'em. 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: I didn't even look at this, I just looked at who they played but this says 3rd hardest of any with a chance at the playoffs. https://www.tankathon.com/nfl/remaining_schedule_strength  :confused:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Seems like only a few week back all the talking heads were saying how the Vikings had such an easy schedule the rest of the way.  Now that website says the Vikes have the 2nd hardest remaining schedule!!! 

I know things change - which is the fun of the NFL - but the Vikes basically went .500 thru the easy part (losing very winnable games) and now it gets tough again.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Nice chart.  Man I wish we would have won the last 2 easy ones that we lost.