Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: NFL Stuff  (Read 56540 times)

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Man, its lucky the Vikings ONLY needed to score 3 points to win that last game.   :puke:

Its easy for everyone to jump on the Manion bandwagon - especially those who wanted to dump Dobbs, but I think winning the next 4 games is going to be more complicated than just playing a new quarterback who has something to prove.

It all starts with blocking and a competent rush game, and it seems like guys got hurt last night in 3 of the 4 parts of the offense:  line, running back, and JJ hurt again.
 :thumbs: :pouty:

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman

The NFL is a subsidiary of the WWF

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
They're already saying JJ & Ingram will probably be able to go. https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39091893/vikings-justin-jefferson-good-chance-play-saturday The Raiders aren't good against the run & Mattison already had 6o+ yards when he got hurt. It's a sprained ankle with him & we could really use him Saturday. With the short week their last practice will probably be Wednesday. So, we should know after that.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Packers lose on final play field goal by Giants. :happy1:
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
It was great!!! :happy1:
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happybounce: Vikes go from a 54% chance of being the #6 seed yday to a 66% chance of being the #5 seed today after the GB loss, according to this. https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38890147/2023-nfl-playoffs-afc-nfc-seed-projections-predictions-super-bowl  :cheerleader:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
:happybounce: Vikes go from a 54% chance of being the #6 seed yday to a 66% chance of being the #5 seed today after the GB loss, according to this. https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38890147/2023-nfl-playoffs-afc-nfc-seed-projections-predictions-super-bowl  :cheerleader:
and still a first round exit!!!!!! :bonk:

they still got 3 games left.....i'm confident they'll screw that up as well.......unless they get help from other teams...........
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
C'mon Glenn, where is that positive Vikings spirit.  Like Dutch.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
and still a first round exit!!!!!! :bonk:

they still got 3 games left.....i'm confident they'll screw that up as well.......unless they get help from other teams...........
:scratch: With QB1 & WR1 both out for the majority of the season just making the playoffs would be a pretty good season as far as I'm concerned. :cool: Well, I'm just as confident that they're chances of winning increase dramatically if ol' KOD :kiss: doesn't watch 'em. :doah: :moon:           ;) :rolleyes: :smiley:
« Last Edit: December 12/12/23, 07:51:55 AM by Gunner55 »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
C'mon Glenn, where is that positive Vikings spirit.  Like Dutch.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: yea, he's starting to rub off on me!!!! :pouty:

but i refuse to drink grain belt!!!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
With QB1 & WR1 both out for the majority of the season just making the playoffs would be a pretty good season as far as I'm concerned. :cool: Well, I'm just as confident that they're chances of winning increase dramatically if ol' KOD :kiss: doesn't watch 'em.
That is a good way to look at it, and don't forget their 0-3 start.  I remember hearing that teams with bad starts like that only make the playoffs 2.5% of the time (since 1990).

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.

Much like Lays Potato Chips you can't drink just one Glenn. But, be warned unlike the swill you like there is more to Grain Belt than just water.   ;)
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

The neighbor & I both like an occasional cold bottle of "The Friendly Beer" up at the lake. So, we both buy a 12 pack every now & then. Neither of us mind their Nordeast every once in a while either. He's usually more of a Manhattan kind of guy though.
« Last Edit: December 12/13/23, 07:29:32 AM by Gunner55 »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
So he's a pretty good guy if he is a "Manhattan" type of guy.   :sleazy:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Kind of figured you'd like that.  ;)  ;D

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Bellichek done at end of season. Hope Flores doesn't go there and just stays here.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
With the Patriots.  Sounds like the Pats could still trade their head coach to a different team.    :confused:

It will be interesting to see what happens.  His best days are past him, but you never know what a man can do with a fresh start.

Football just gets in these guys' blood and some of them can't seem to quit it until no one wants them anymore.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I heard that about a trade too.  It has been done before.  Brady made Bellichek. 

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I heard that about a trade too.  It has been done before.  Brady made Bellichek.
Brady is a generational player who makes everyone better around him.  Bellichek benefited from that - no doubt.  And Bellichek was a good coach, but like all coaches, they have a shelf life in the NFL.  For whatever reason, their act wears thin and changes get made.  Bellichek had a longer run AND more success because of Brady for sure.

Even look at Mike Tomlinson in Pittsburg.  Everyone acknowledges his greatness as a coach, but that doesn't quell the grumblings of a losing season.  Rumors have him getting sacked, but who else would they get that would be better?   :confused:

Tony Dungy did it best.  He got out while he was still on top.  :happy1:  Well done. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Bellichek done at end of season. Hope Flores doesn't go there and just stays here.
:scratch: Flores will have HC offers coming out of his ears, so I don't think there's much of a chance he'll be back. This is the best defense they have had in a real long time too, too bad so many on the other side of the ball have gotten hurt this season. :sad: Last year it seemed like it was just the opposite, as everybody in the secondary was on the IL at least a couple times.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: Flores will have HC offers coming out of his ears, so I don't think there's much of a chance he'll be back. This is the best defense they have had in a real long time too, too bad so many on the other side of the ball have gotten hurt this season. :sad: Last year it seemed like it was just the opposite, as everybody in the secondary was on the IL at least a couple times.
:scratch: :scratch: he's still got that law suit against the NFL.......not sure iffin someone is gonna take  the chance till thats cleared up??? :scratch:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
That won't stop anybody, I would bet he gets an interview with at least 3-4 teams. The 1st line says it all...............................https://zonecoverage.com/2023/minnesota-vikings-news/brian-flores-showed-up-in-minnesota-one-year-too-late/
« Last Edit: December 12/13/23, 10:49:07 AM by Gunner55 »

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I was running up and down the radio dial the other night and landed on KFAN.  They were doing a Vikings installment of Skol Stories where they were talking to some ex-Vikings defensive line coach, who I didn't recognize.  He was coach for Millard, Doleman, Randall et al.  He had talented guys AND he did a good job.

He said he was never happier than when he was coaching the defense.  When he got his crack at Head Coach (I don't know where) he said it didn't work out so good.  He was better at coaching football than managing everyone else's problems.  Its too bad more folks don't figure that out sooner.

In football, they take great coordinators and make them into average head coaches.
In industry, I've seen too many cases where they take good engineers and turn them into lousy managers.

Time will tell if Flores is a better coordinator or head coach.  But the NFL is a place where egos run high.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
holy sh!t storm........the raiders scored 63 points against the chargers......from 0 to 63 in a week. glad it wasnt against the vikings!! :rolleyes: :rotflmao:

heard  the head coach threw his headset down and walked into the crowd and rumblings he may have been fired at half time!! :bonk: :rotflmao:

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Football is an emotional game played by prideful, Type-A men.  One team embarrasses you, another team is goona pay.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I was looking forward to some good matchups in the NFL games today :happy1: :cool:...........................until I looked at the schedule online & realized they're all on the NFL Network today.  :pouty: :rolleyes: :doah:
« Last Edit: December 12/16/23, 07:59:30 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya. No NFL Network here. Guess I won't get to watch the vikes.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
It used to be if the home team (Vikes) played on a cable network, like ESPN, the rules said the would make an exception do an alt broadcast on one of the regular TV channels.

That may have changed, but maybe check around.  I dont have NFL network either.  This is prolly their way of selling subscriptions.