Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: NFL Stuff  (Read 56484 times)

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Interesting idea of moving the goal posts closer together to make kicks more difficult. Would probably have coaches going for it on 4th down more often instead of trying a 50+ yd field goal. :happy1:
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
NFL likes offense, but offense means points. 

Metrics are already telling coaches to go on 4th more often, I don't think you need to move the posts to achieve that.  Moving posts would take points off the board, and I don't think they want to do that.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Football is a physical sport. Let's keep it that way. Unfortunately sometimes in a physical sport players get injured. Just the way it is. The more the NFL pussifies the game the less I want to watch it. Might have to start watching rugby where the actually hit each other. Maybe the new kick off rule will create more returns. But I liked the way it was before it currently is. Made it more exciting.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
And more deadly. :thumbs:

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
Are the Washington Commanders going to pull of the biggest surprise of the entire draft?

NFL Network's Tom Pelissero sent the draft world into a frenzy Monday during a discussion about what Washington could do with the second overall pick.

"When I've had conversations here with executives from other teams who know [Commanders GM] Adam Peters well, know the situation well, the most popular answer for what they do at No. 2 is J.J. McCarthy,

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm not up to speed on what all the hub-bub might be about.  Alst I know is the consensus opinion is that the top 3 QBs will go in the first three picks.

I guess the question is, is JJ McCarthy's stock rising fast enough to be considered in that top group?  Or is this all subterfuge to cause angst amongst the other teams that draft high in the first round and raise the trade value of said draft picks?

Time will tell.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
New NFL Rules Require Opposing Teams To Just Hug It Out TheBee  ;)

NEW YORK, NY — Football fans were left confused and frustrated after news broke that new NFL rules will require opposing teams to just hug it out rather than engage in hitting, tackling, or playing football.

The new rules, officially approved and adopted by the league this week, will limit physical contact between opposing players to gentle, caring hugs in an effort to eliminate any risk of injury.

"This is the future of the game," said NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell. "It has been our mission for many years now to reduce the chances of our players suffering physical injuries. That long journey has now led us to this historic moment. Loving, compassionate hugs will now be the cornerstone of the National Football League."

Early reactions from players were mixed. "I don't know," said Chiefs defensive tackle Chris Jones. "I got into football for the physicality, not for hugs. We'll see how much it changes the game, I guess." Bengals quarterback Joe Burrow, however, expressed support for the changes. "I'm all for it," he said. "Now, whenever I get sacked, it'll be nice to be gently laid down in someone's warm embrace instead of being violently slammed to the ground by a 300-pound man. Maybe now I can make it through a season without getting hurt."

At publishing time, despite disappointment expressed by fans nationwide, analysts predicted that every NFL player would now get to experience the same type of football Tom Brady enjoyed for so long, with minimal physical contact allowed.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Jrasmussen

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Hey stay off TB12 man    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
Right now looks like Williams will go number 1 to Da Bears.

Next three are McCarthy, Maye, and Daniels. No one knows in what order.

Bears, Commanders, and Patriots all need QB"s.

Next are the Cardinals and then the Chargers. They don't need QB's so will one of them trade down to let another move up to get the 1 that is still left???That's where the Vikings will most likely trade up to. But other teams like Denver want a QB also.

Not much info is leaking out as to what will happen. Talking heads are just guessing.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
think he's been tackled by more women then defensive players int he NFL!!!!!  :rolleyes: :doah: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

pesonally......i cant wait thil that draft is over with...........getting friggin old!!!! :doah: :embarrassed:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
There are so many scenarios the talking heads are working now.  They must love it.  NOW they are talking that Warshington may take McCarthy.  :angry2: BUT it is all posturing for another 29 days.  The talk today also was of the Vikes taking Murray from the Cardinals.  No frigging way.  Just coming off injury.  Would get us right back in money trouble like with Kirk.  A young guy so we can pay the rest of the team is what I would like to see.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
The annual Owner's meeting is going on in Orlando this week, so there's a boat load of reporters down there too. They have to write something every day, so ~ 90% of them will just throw something :bs: against the wall & see if it sticks. :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: March 03/26/24, 07:07:30 PM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
think he's been tackled by more women then defensive players int he NFL!!!!!  :rolleyes: :doah: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

pesonally......i cant wait thil that draft is over with...........getting friggin old!!!! :doah: :embarrassed:
:scratch: Only 30 more days.....................buddy!!!! :sleazy: :nerd: :evil:                  ;) :rolleyes: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 Simplest explanation of the new kickoff rule that I could find. https://www.usatoday.com/story/graphics/2024/03/26/nfl-changes-kickoff-rule-see-change/73096191007/ Think I'll like it.  :scratch: :confused:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I have no idea what to think.  Having broken necks isn't a good deal so I understand what they are trying to do as far as safety.   We have had some real exciting run backs from Patterson, Harvin, Scherells.  Maybe we just don't do run backs.   :confused: :confused:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
The kick return has all but disappeared the last couple seasons with the current rules & I think this will help bring it back. It should make for better field position & hopefully fewer injuries too. :cool:
« Last Edit: March 03/27/24, 02:27:56 PM by Gunner55 »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
I see where Buffalo traded Diggs to Houston.  Gawd he must be a royal PITA! :surrender: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: That's part of it but they have a bad cap problem too & have let a lot of their veterans go.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Your link just shows CBS sports heading Gunner.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Your link just shows CBS sports heading Gunner.
:scratch: I probably didn't test that 1 when I posted it either. :bonk:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I see where Buffalo traded Diggs to Houston.  Gawd he must be a royal PITA! :surrender: :rotflmao:
Buffalo changed their OC last year when they were 6-6 & Diggs stopped getting the ball. So, I'm sure he wasn't happy when the season ended :cry:.................again. :rolleyes:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I watched a couple of their games and he didn't look happy.  LOLOL

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Yep.  Diggsie is a tough guy to keep happy.  And we'll see how easy it is (or not) to keep JJ happy next season too.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
If he gets a lot of catches and yards he will be happy.  I sure hope that happens.  He may be integral to our new QB?team  succeeding. 

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman

Grading blockbuster deal for disgruntled Pro Bowl receiver

Texans: A
Houston is doing exactly what it should be doing after hitting the jackpot with Stroud last year. With a bona fide star quarterback on his rookie contract, the time is now to load up with as much talent as possible to make a push for a championship. Yes, his cap hits are big over the next four seasons, but it's effectively a wash with Stroud's deal being such a bargain over that stretch.

Bills: C-
The writing was on the wall for this ultimately being the outcome between the Bills and Diggs over the last year or so, but the cupboard is almost completely bare at wide receiver. Now, the Bills will need to either be aggressive and move up for a top-flight receiver prospect in the NFL Draft. In terms of the compensation, a second-round pick isn't a horrendous haul considering Diggs' contract. The Bills will incur just over a $31 million dead cap hit this year, which is the highest known dead money charge for a receiver in any season all-time.

Yeah, they musta really wanted to get rid of him.   :coffee:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 They were going to have a $27.9 cap hit if he stayed anyway. But they could've saved $3.2 mil on the cap if they'd waited until 6/1 for the trade. By trading Diggs now, the Bills take on $31 million in dead cap, meaning they are absorbing an additional $3.2 million cap hit than they would have had they kept Diggs on the roster. The entire article: https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10115440-bills-updated-salary-cap-nfl-draft-picks-after-stefon-diggs-trade-with-texans#:~:text=By%20trading%20Diggs%20now%2C%20the%
« Last Edit: April 04/05/24, 07:51:19 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Yep.  Diggsie is a tough guy to keep happy.  And we'll see how easy it is (or not) to keep JJ happy next season too.
Big play receivers are always the biggest primadons on any team to deal with.  TO, Moss, on and on. 
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!