Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: NFL Stuff  (Read 56771 times)

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
I think the ass-hole receivers are the guys who prey on young quarterbacks. You didn't see Moss being a ass around Brady very often.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya I can see them pressuring the new QB for more action. 

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
I think the ass-hole receivers are the guys who prey on young quarterbacks. You didn't see Moss being a ass around Brady very often.
By the time Moss played with Brady, they were both using cains and walkers and on their way out. 🤣
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
It looks like Diggs got a $3.5 mil raise & will be a FA in 2025 now. With the Bills that wouldn't of happened 'til 2027. As part of their deal to acquire Diggs, the Texans are eliminating the final three years of Diggs' contract, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported. The move adds four void years to Diggs' deal, while moving money originally guaranteed for 2025 into 2024, effectively giving Diggs a one-year, $22.52 million contract, per Rapoport.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Its all ego-driven with very real Monopoly money.  In the end Diggsie gets what he wants.

If JJ signs a long term deal with Vikes making him the highest paid receiver, Diggs can try to better that deal next year.

But I'm thinking that JJ and the Vikes WON'T come to an agreement on a long term deal, JJ "bets on himself" to stay healthy and productive, and JJ and Diggs hit free agency together next year and they'll let the market determine whose the best receiver in the league.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Its all ego-driven with very real Monopoly money.  In the end Diggsie gets what he wants.

If JJ signs a long term deal with Vikes making him the highest paid receiver, Diggs can try to better that deal next year.

But I'm thinking that JJ and the Vikes WON'T come to an agreement on a long term deal, JJ "bets on himself" to stay healthy and productive, and JJ and Diggs hit free agency together next year and they'll let the market determine whose the best receiver in the league.
Diggs is no longer the value of JJ!!!! and if JJ is going to be turning into a Diggs......ship him out!!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Diggs is no longer the value of JJ!!!!
I'm sure Diggs is the only guy on the planet who does not agree with you.  :rotflmao:

if JJ is going to be turning into a Diggs......ship him out!!!!!!!
I'm sure the thought has crossed Adofo-Mensah's mind.  JJ, yes, but at the right price.  Unfortunately, the right price might mean making him the highest paid receiver in the league.  Then the problem is, if you give him all the dough, guys like that still have a shelf life before they either wear out their welcome or want to leave on their own - just like Diggs, just like Moss, etc. etc. etc.  And once they make all that money, it is harder to find teams to trade with because of the cap and you end up with dead cap space on your ledger.

If the Vikes really like one of the top 3 QBs, I think they should consider packaging their 1st round pics with JJ to get their guy...  But they have to be right.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I can see that happening.  But I hope not.
« Last Edit: April 04/05/24, 02:16:28 PM by LPS »

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
I would rather see them give a pkg of 2 first rounders in 2024 and the first     rounder from 2025 than give up JJ.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Diggs turned 30 last November & that's the age that is widely considered past their prime at WR in today's NFL. As their #'s show them that the vast majority of players at that position continue to have their #'s decline from then on. That is another reason why the Bills wanted to move him, besides his $96 mil/4 yr contract, & very large cap hit. I'm also sure he wasn't the most congenial guy in the locker room, either.
« Last Edit: April 04/05/24, 03:46:10 PM by Gunner55 »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh ya, that is a bad number.  I didn't realize he was that old.  But thinking about it, it was a long time ago for the Mn miracle. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I've read a bunch of mock drafts & ~2/3 of them talk of the 2-2024 & 1-2025 1st Rd being used to move up far enough to get their guy. The rest think that the 2-1st Rd picks this year will be enough. Nothing that I've read has mentioned anything about including Jefferson in a trade to move up though.    :scratch: Guess we'll find out....................in 19 days. :confused:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Sure a lot of posturing going on this year.  Maybe it is like this every year but we usually aren't in the thick of things like we are this year I suppose.  It sure gives the talking heads a lot to work with.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
The 2024 NFL Draft is 1 week from today in Detroit @ 7:00.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
The 2024 NFL Draft is 1 week from today in Detroit @ 7:00.
:surrender: oh boy, can't wait.... till it's over! :crazy: :doofus: :rotflmao:

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
I'll basically only watch the first found on Thursday. Not Friday or Saturday.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rolleyes: Just like the Gophers in the Frozen 4 for me!! :doah:    :nerd: ;) ;D ;D

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:rolleyes: Just like the Gophers in the Frozen 4 for me!! :doah:    :nerd: ;) ;D ;D
well........there playoff runs ALOT longer then the Twinkies or Vikings........or anything Iowa!!!! :sleazy: :mooning: :rotflmao: :happy1: :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :tut: Not Caitlin & her crew!!!!!!! :mooning:    :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:tut: Not Caitlin & her crew!!!!!!! :mooning:    :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: way to reach out there to find some hope bud!!!!! :scratch: :happy1: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Just like the Gophers on ice for you :doah:.....................maybe in the next 20 years.............. but all their good players go pro by the time they're Juniors. :moon:  The College Sports Communicators named Clark the 2023-24 Academic All-America Team Member of the Year.

The West Des Moines-native carries a 3.64 GPA, while majoring in marketing.

Clark also took home the award last year, making her just the seventh player to earn the honor in back-to-back seasons.
« Last Edit: April 04/18/24, 07:18:00 PM by Gunner55 »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Only 6 days left now. :sleazy: :evil:       ;) ;D ;D

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Just waiting for a trade up deal before draft night happening.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Only 6 days left now. :sleazy: :evil:       ;) ;D ;D
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: other then your visits to inger.... :sleazy: I'm sure glad you got something to look forward too! :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Down to 5 days.  Sure a lot of talk about Patriots wanting to trade their #3 spot.  Smoke screen or not.  :confused:  All part of the fun.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Jayden Daniels and his agent seem to be dissing the Commies.  I think he wants to play for the Vikes.  I think they all would like to play here.  Who wouldn't???   :sleazy: :happy1: :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Down to 5 days.  Sure a lot of talk about Patriots wanting to trade their #3 spot.  Smoke screen or not.  :confused:  All part of the fun.
https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/report_vikings_trying_to_complete_trade_up_before_draft_night/s1_17359_40254336 :scratch:

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
I'm sure every team except Chicago & Washington are sniffing around to see what it will cost to move up and what the can reap to move down.

I don't know that i've ever seen this much draft discussion across the fishing web sites.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
From what I have seen.....if you ask the top 4-5 QB's or their agents......they would all say they would rather get drafted by the Vikings when looking at the top teams picking. Vikings have the 3 P's

Play calling, Personnel (Receivers) and Protection.

Playing for a Head Coach and QB Coach that were both QB's in the NFL.
« Last Edit: April 04/20/24, 08:26:13 AM by KEN W »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
when the draft is over i'll look......till then MEH.....BUT  if they get rid of JJ to move up.......i'm gonna be a packers fan!!!! :confused:

i totally agree Dutchy...... between the fishing and hunting websites discussing the draft then add all the MSN crap, its friggin overload!!!! :pouty: :scratch: