Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Sugar maples  (Read 3087 times)

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
My dad has 13 sugar maples, small sampling. Wanna put in hunting land. Don't have time to fence them, should I plant them in my garden then Trans plant when stronger?  Worried about deer and bunnies takeing them out
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Deer like them all to well. Don't ask me how I know.  :angry2: Had a couple about 6 feet tall that they snapped the top off of. Put them in tree tubes when you do put them out there if you can.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Deer like them all to well. Don't ask me how I know.  :angry2: Had a couple about 6 feet tall that they snapped the top off of. Put them in tree tubes when you do put them out there if you can.
It doesn't take much extra time to use the tree tubes.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Well a nursery guy said to not to use tunes on small dry root saplings, but to use fencing so we did that
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Fencing works good for sure.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
Bury the pots when you plant the trees in them..  way easier.also multch them while they are in the pots in your garden.
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.