Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: new scopes  (Read 14469 times)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
dropped off the gun yesterday at this guns and gear store and had them take a look see. had some other running to do so....... couple hours later stopped and picked it up.......said he tightened things down and re-bore sighted the scope, and yea it was off.  he suggested starting at 25 yards, i thought  :scratch: :scratch: even boar could hit something at that distance???? :rotflmao:

he told me get it in the bullseye at that distance and then go out to 100 yards and you should be close!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: so next trip north.............
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i really liked what i seen and heard at this place. hope i dont need a gunsmith often, but i'll be stopping in more often!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I just looked at the reciept from that place.
$30.00 for the work.
$2.06 MN sales tax.
.15 cents st cloud area sales tax.
.08 cents Stearns county sales tax.
 :doofus: :doofus: :sleazy:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
$30.00 for the work.
$2.06 MN sales tax.

You don't have a new domed stadium up there!

What is your extra $0.23 paying for?  :confused:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
$30.00 for the work.
$2.06 MN sales tax.

You don't have a new domed stadium up there!

What is your extra $0.23 paying for?  :confused:
who knows. :confused: st cloud.... Probably paying for the rivers edge convention center, new government building they want,  the baseball park they built for the st cloud saints baseball team  :scratch: :scratch:

The county???

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
The Stearn's County Syndrome Research Center.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
The Stearn's County Syndrome Research Center.
:rotflmao: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: which one would that be. The one for people who drink, or marry there first cousin. :rotflmao:

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Both of the above. Centered in the Avon Hills area and radiating out from there. (Well beyond the Cold Spring Granite People.)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ok Glenn now you are costing me some money.  I got that Lazer sight in thing today.  I haven't felt good about my .22 scope for some time.  I can't seem to get it sighted in.  I am getting a complex thinking it is me but no that can't be.  LOL  The thing is cool as heck.  Green light.  Well when I was trying to turn my scope to match the lazer I couldn't even turn my up and down enough to get there.  So I got it very close but not perfect and went and shot at a box about 30 yards away.  Hit 4" to the right and 2" high no matter where I turned knobs.  My scope has expired.  It is a Bushnell Sportview and about 20 years old.  SO I think I need to get a new scope.  I got some Vortex binocs a couple of years ago and can't believe how clear they are every time I look through them.  I can get a Vortex Diamond back scope for $189.  It's 7 x 35.  It will be for short distance. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: not sure the variable of mine, but I got the vortex diamondback for mine. think it was in that price range too.

My 30-06 scope is the vortex also.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Great minds think alike!!!    :sleazy:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
NOW if we could only get boar to think like us, he'd actually turn out to be somebody!!!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I bought my Remington Fieldmaster pump .22 in about 2000.  Love the gun.  Got it with a Bushnell Sportview 3 x 9 scope on it.  I just looked at Bushnell's warranty.  Guaranteed for life on a riflescope means 30 years.  SO it is under warranty.  I entered my info and they gave me a case number to send it in.  Each scope has a number on it so they can trace the age etc.  I sent it in today.  We shall see.

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Did you ever live in Stearns County?

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :tut: :tut: :tut:

did you roony??? :scratch: :doah: you seem to know an aweful lot of this stearns county syndrome and the Avon Hills misteek!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I bought my Remington Fieldmaster pump .22 in about 2000.  Love the gun.  Got it with a Bushnell Sportview 3 x 9 scope on it.  I just looked at Bushnell's warranty.  Guaranteed for life on a riflescope means 30 years.  SO it is under warranty.  I entered my info and they gave me a case number to send it in.  Each scope has a number on it so they can trace the age etc.  I sent it in today.  We shall see.
:banghead: :banghead: training-087 :taz: :doah: :doah: :doah:

never thunk of looking into warranty of my scopes.  :confused: oh well, i got me 2 nice and pretty brand spanky new scopes now!!!!!!!! :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Never lived there.  Been through before.  I just read that Waite Park is the #1 city in MN with the most serious crimes per capita.  Murder, rape, armed robbery etc.  Guess what town is #2 in that category?  Bemidji!   This has nothing to do with scopes unless you use one committing a crime or maybe self defense so I am still on topic.   :happy1:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Wow, Bemidji is #2.  :crazy:
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Just saw on the news today.  2 Native males shooting guns at cars and hit a business or two???   Still looking for them.  Once a week there are alerts looking for someone.  Usually young people.  Unreal!

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman

did you roony??? :scratch: :doah: you seem to know an aweful lot of this stearns county syndrome and the Avon Hills misteek!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Went to school at Collegeville. I still got some good friends up that way. Lots of nice little pothole lakes north of Richmond. I worked part time at a small liquor store in Waite Park, Coborn brothers owned it.
« Last Edit: May 05/14/21, 01:49:05 PM by roony »

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I just read that Waite Park is the #1 city in MN with the most serious crimes per capita.  Murder, rape, armed robbery etc. 

I heard the demographics of the Cloud area are changing rapidly.  I don't have any evidence to back that up.
« Last Edit: May 05/14/21, 02:15:31 PM by Steve-o »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
GF's daughter lives not far from the old shopko, south of there..  sold there house and getting the heck out of there.... 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
I just read that Waite Park is the #1 city in MN with the most serious crimes per capita.  Murder, rape, armed robbery etc. 

I heard the demographics of the Cloud area are changing rapidly.  I don't have any evidence to back that up.
Yah, I dont think they're all Germans  now.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Went to school at Collegeville. I still got some good friends up that way. Lots of nice little pothole lakes north of Richmond. I worked part time at a small liquor store in Waite Park, Coborn brothers owned it.
do I suppose in your spare time you were chasing all the bennies!!! :sleazy: :smoking: :rotflmao:

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Violated a few, I was pretty pious and shy for the most part though unless I was drinkin.
« Last Edit: May 05/14/21, 05:02:30 PM by roony »

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:banghead: :banghead: training-087 :taz: :doah: :doah: :doah:

never thunk of looking into warranty of my scopes.  :confused: oh well, i got me 2 nice and pretty brand spanky new scopes now!!!!!!!! :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:
:scratch: No wonder you could only afford 1 blade for your saw! ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I just received a brand new scope from Bushnell the other day.  It's a basic no fancy one but it is on my .22 so not so critical.  Good to know the lifetime warranty is worth something though.  It is a Banner Dusk to Dawn 3-9 x 40.