Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Ants~  (Read 2645 times)

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
This morning as I let my boy outside the steps to my house back door was alive with movement,tiny little brown ants,some with wings were on the move,growing up we called them "sweet ants" ,only defense I had on hand was deepwoods off spray,it slowed the migration down but not completely as I left the house 30 minutes later.

anyone have a recommendation of a good ant deterant/killer? heading to the feed mill later today.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
there are all kinds of ant/bug killers.......just read the label you should be good!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I use a powder form and it works good..  Orthro brand I think..
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
That's an idea mike,powder,gotta make sure whatever I use is okay to use around my boy,non-toxic if possible.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Tempo or Talstar. they are sprays and once they are dry they are harmless to pets.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Tempo or Talstar. they are sprays and once they are dry they are harmless to pets.

yes tempo is good too!!!   

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
This morning as I let my boy outside the steps to my house back door was alive with movement,tiny little brown ants,some with wings were on the move,growing up we called them "sweet ants" ,only defense I had on hand was deepwoods off spray,it slowed the migration down but not completely as I left the house 30 minutes later.

anyone have a recommendation of a good ant deterant/killer? heading to the feed mill later today.
A few times a year Ants will have a mating swarm. When ever you see tons of ants and some with wings. Their having a big sex orgy!  :smoking:  :rotflmao:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman

A few times a year Ants will have a mating swarm. When ever you see tons of ants and some with wings. Their having a big sex orgy!  :smoking:  :rotflmao:

LOL leech you perv....But yeah late summer in my yard I'll see these little ants pouring out of little holes/burrows in the yard by the 1000's.usally charcoal lighter fluid does the trick pronto.

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman

LOL leech you perv....But yeah late summer in my yard I'll see these little ants pouring out of little holes/burrows in the yard by the 1000's.usally charcoal lighter fluid does the trick pronto.
Not a perv at all. Look up Ant swarming!  ;)
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
If I see an ant in the house I just put a drop or two of Terro on a piece of paper under my sink in the kitchen.  Replenish it every day for a few days.  Works great!

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
Works for my wife.
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Works for my wife.
I almost read... Works ON my wife.   :embarrassed:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
That one should work DK. It contains bifenthrin, same active ingredient as Capture & zeta cypermethrin, the active ingredient in Mustang Max. A lot of what's available in over the counter "ant killers" like Terro is borax or a derivative. Takes a while but it works whereas the chemicals in Home Defense are a lot faster. I've used some of the pour on/spray on permethrin for livestock mixed up in a hand sprayer on the patio. It's a haven for ants. Not after that treatment.   
« Last Edit: June 06/17/21, 04:55:34 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
I gave the eco friendly "revo" a whirl,works great on contact but they were on the march again this morning,relentless critters.Thanx for the suggestion guyz.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
If I see an ant in the house I just put a drop or two of Terro on a piece of paper under my sink in the kitchen.  Replenish it every day for a few days.  Works great!

had to do that the last couple days, darn things showed up!!  Terro to the rescue....  no movement today so far... 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!

had to do that the last couple days, darn things showed up!!  Terro to the rescue....  no movement today so far...
i've used that to in the past, works good. i have ants outside, not in the house, so there free to go about there business.

NOW when the flies, box elder bugs and asian beetles show up, this dude puts on the war paint!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Got a handle on my invasion after two days,little some beeches were very active early in the morning,yesterday I noticed a young crop of box elders scooting around the backyard.they're next.