Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: FISHING REPORT LAKES OAHE/SHARPE PIERRE AREA FOR JULY 1ST THRU JULY 11TH 2012  (Read 1287 times)

Offline Hutch

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
    • Fishing & Hunting South Dakota's Lake Oahe and Lake Sharpe
Took a little time off over the fourth however the fishing on both Sharpe and Oahe remains very good Limits for most boats going out is common. I have been on the water with some new and repeat customers and have been sending all of them home with full possession limits of walleye along with some to eat while here. The big lake Oahe has slowed down a little with the fish scattered. Some good catches are still coming shallow on spinner presentations along with fish being taken deeper down to thirty fow on bouncer plain hook rigs so with fish every were it is a little harder to locate them. I am still fishing with crawler spinner or crawler plain hooks when deeper. Most baits from minnow leeches and pulling plugs are working so take your pick. The governor’s cup tournament is next week end so will see how that goes but lots of real good teams and lots of fish so I expect some really nice results if the weather cooperates. Sharpe is still going strong and getting a 16 inch average limit is the norm. Here I have been fishing shallow following weed lines with nightcrawer/spinner rigs in 7 fow but the last two times the fish were a little deeper so fishing was in around 14 fow producing nice limits daily. They are preforming routine boat checks in different area's so having all the required equipment and plugs out of boat is a money saver. Weather is summer so lots of water sun screen and bug spray are essentials .Once again I would like to thank all of my repeat and new customers for their business. Great people and great times.

HUTCH'S GUIDE SERVICE

Hutch

« Last Edit: July 07/18/21, 04:42:30 PM by HD »
Good fishing Hutch