Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: FISHING REPORT LAKES OAHE/SHARPE PIERRE AREA FOR AUGUST 1ST TO THE 15TH 2021  (Read 1411 times)

Offline Hutch

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
    • Fishing & Hunting South Dakota's Lake Oahe and Lake Sharpe
The bite continues to be very good on Sharpe and a little harder on the big lake Oahe. On Oahe many of the walleye are deeper making finding and catching them harder but if you are looking to catch more of a mixed bag (northern, smallmouth & catfish) it is still a good choice. It also offers less boat traffic so finding spots without lots of boats is easier. Thirty to fifty fow is a good starting depth with minnow or leech rigs probably the best choice of baits but crawlers are still working. These same depths are also producing bass and catfish with a few northern pike mixed in catches. Lake Sharpe offers excellent walleye fishing around Pierre with mostly crawler/spinner rigs producing the best results. Ten fow is a good starting point. Be prepared to fish around a lot of boats with at least half of them driving 150 miles round trip from Chamberlain to catch a fish. This has been happing every year now for a while and when they put the 15 inch minimum length on the walleye in Sharpe (September 1) that gets even more Chamberlain guides driving their clients to Pierre to fish. There are a lot of very good guides in the Chamberlain area for sure however we have a lot of very good ones right here in Pierre so if you are looking for a guide that is not going to get you up at 430 in the morning and drive you 150 miles round trip to catch a walleye you might consider staying in Pierre when you are going to fish here. Lots of very good guides and resorts here also. One other thing that I notice every year is on Sharpe it is not uncommon to drive for 15 miles and never see another boat and then come across 25 boats in one area. Once in a while I will fish around this kind of traffic mostly just to show my customers what is going on but for the most part I usually can find nice fish away from all the traffic. Both myself and my customers find fishing alone more fun. That being said just about everyone is catching nice fish around Pierre this year. An easy 17 inch avg is common with more 21 inch and 28 inch (thrown back) fish mixed in many bags than in years past on Sharpe. Hot is still the word so early starts to beat the heat along with lots of water and sun screen are good. I would like to thank all my repeat customers and new customers for coming up a having lots of fun and keeping me busy. Just great people Thank all of you.

HUTCH'S GUIDE SERVICE

Hutch

« Last Edit: August 08/17/21, 05:16:31 PM by HD »
Good fishing Hutch