Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Grand Rapids area  (Read 3958 times)

Offline GrandpaTom

• Master Outdoorsman
Just a little word of caution if traveling in that area.

Offline GrandpaTom

• Master Outdoorsman
And a little extra I saw this morning.

Minnesota State Patrol
1h  ·
Raise your hand if you think going 54 mph above the speed limit is a good idea. Nobody? Got it. It happened in Mcleod County when our troopers stopped a driver going 84 mph in a 30 mph zone. The driver’s reward? A ticket for reckless driving, speed and unsafe passing on the right. Xtra speed patrols now on MN roads.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I don't get it GT. Passing in intersections has become SOP. The speed limit on county blacktops around here must've been raised to 70 mph according to the way people are driving. Even in Bugtussle, people tailgate on main st. if you're not doing at least 30. As many close calls as I've had with kids on bikes, scooters, skateboards and general dicking around playing in the street over the years, 30 mph is too fast. WTH is wrong with people?  :scratch:
« Last Edit: July 07/16/21, 11:18:12 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I agree Dotch!!  then when I have the Harley I really have to watch!!!  so I'll be watching close this afternoon when I do go for a ride... 
« Last Edit: July 07/16/21, 12:48:06 PM by mike89 »
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
I believe the speeding enforcement is statewide this week. Heads up.
mm

Offline GrandpaTom

• Master Outdoorsman
I don't get it GT. Passing in intersections has become SOP. The speed limit on county blacktops around here must've been raised to 70 mph according to the way people are driving. Even in Bugtussle, people tailgate on main st. if you're not doing at least 30. As many close calls as I've had with kids on bikes, scooters, skateboards and general dicking around playing in the street over the years, 30 mph is too fast. WTH is wrong with people?  :scratch:
I have been tail gated and passed like I am standing still on E-494 in the Woodbury area and I am going over the speed limit as is.  Drives (??) me crazy at times watching some of them fly by.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
From what I remember they've been babbling about speed enforcement statewide since this spring.

Good thing I'm a law abiding citizen and always set a good example. :angel: :angel: :happy1: :rolleyes:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Are you calling the State Patrol Babblers?

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Are you calling the State Patrol Babblers?
maybe.

Offline GrandpaTom

• Master Outdoorsman
From what I remember they've been babbling about speed enforcement statewide since this spring.

Good thing I'm a law abiding citizen and always set a good example. :angel: :angel: :happy1: :rolleyes:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:doah: :scratch: WHAT???  :nerd: :nerd:OK I ain't been busted yet!!🤭🤭

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman

The bugtussle police must find city life boring. I sure do see them outside the city limits a bunch.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
A lot of people wonder about that. They like to sit on Hwy 13 & nab people who don't back it down to 50 mph. Must be one of their cash cows. Should be easy pickin's as the 50 mph sign is a dinky little thing. They also like to spend a fair amount of time out at St. Olaf Lake this time of year. While the park is under city jurisdiction, it isn't exactly a hotbed of criminal activity. The Lake Road itself can be loaded with speeders at certain times of the day especially when kiddies are running late for school in the morning. But that's not when the cops are there. Usually 1-3 in the afternoon. Better scenery at that time of day I reckon... :sleazy: The other time you don't see them is at nite when all the bad chit goes down. Their track record for crime solving is pretty abysmal. 
« Last Edit: July 07/16/21, 02:52:38 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
The local LEO's could get cramps in their hands IF they were told to set up radar on US 2 coming into & leaving GR on the west side. :crazy: A large part of Pokegama Ave/169 from ~ the bridge crossing the Mississippi & south out to around Walmart is much the same. Lots of people doin close to 10 over , especially about 8 am, noon-1, & again around 4pm on both roads. Seen 'em one time in all the time we've been here, within the last 2-3 months too, sitting on WB 2. 'Bout fell out the car then!! ;) :rolleyes: :smiley:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

:scratch: :doah:                :happy1: :bs: :bs: :bs:                                ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I bet I ain't the only outfit been mailing him stuff... :evil:
« Last Edit: July 07/16/21, 03:56:00 PM by Dotch »

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I thought the Patrols were instructed to stand down and not stop innocent drivers for these petty crimes.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
  :scratch: I'm wonderin if the wife will even go get the mail anymore? :confused:               ;) :laugh: :laugh:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  :scratch: I'm wonderin if the wife will even go get the mail anymore? :confused:               ;) :laugh: :laugh:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: well, she got it yesterday!!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Boxes from Bugtussle too?  :rolleyes:                              ;)  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: