Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Added deck railings at cabin  (Read 2893 times)

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Insurance company said I need to add deck railings before they would insure the cabin.  It finally was a cool day so last Sunday we gave it heck and completed it one day.  A couple things slowed us down.  First we needed to design on the fly, second I had to make all the corner posts and each individual baluster from ash slabs left over when my buddy cut trees on my land last year, third we had to contend with a massive hornets nest under the corner of the front deck.  I had a can of spray but it ran out shortly after spraying the nest.  I knocked most of it down (it was between the joists) and yes that really stirred up a hornets nest. My son was a real trooper or just dumb but he got right in with the hornets and continued working often standing within two feet of the nest. He did get stun 5 times but after a bit of ice he would go back at it.  His wife and I took turns holding boards but each time he fired off the air nailer the hornets would come in big numbers and buzz us.  Fortunately they mostly just buzzed us but when they got overly aggressive we backed off for a bit. 

The hornets nest was just inside the near corner post. Once I get rid of them I may need to adjust a
few of the balusters as we were in a bit of a hurry in this area.  :rotflmao:
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman

Nice-shooting rests!   :happy1:   :rotflmao:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.