Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Site validation coupons.  (Read 3410 times)

Online tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
      I've never targeted fisher, pine marten or river otter. What are site validation coupons?
      Somebody gotta splain this to me in simple terms.
      Thanks.
I wonder. Does Darth Vader have a sister named Ella? Bet she has her ups and downs.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
i googled this last night and not what i expected. i assume this has something to do with trapping?????? :scratch: went to the DNR website and entered it into the search box and came up empty.

i'd suggest an email to the DNR!!!!!! they usually reply in a day or so.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Tangle tooth:

Minnesota Administrative Rules

Table of Chapters
Rules Index (topics)
Minnesota Rule Status
State Register
Chapter 6234

Part 6234.2600
Version List

6234.2600 PELT TAGGING AND REGISTRATION.

Subpart 1. [Repealed, 30 SR 613]
Subp. 2. [Repealed, 30 SR 613]
Subp. 3. Registration of pelts. The pelt of each bobcat, fisher, pine marten, and otter must be presented, along with completed site validation coupons for each fisher, pine marten, or otter, by the person taking it, to a state wildlife manager designee for registration before the pelt is sold and before the pelt is transported out of the state, but in no event more than 48 hours after the season closes for each species, respectively. The entire carcass of bobcat and the entire head of pine marten and fisher must be surrendered to the state wildlife manager designee. The pelt of bobcat, otter, fisher, and pine marten must have been removed from the carcass.
Subp. 4. Prohibition on validation or tagging animals not personally taken. A person may not validate a site validation coupon or affix any tag or seal to the pelt or carcass of any animal that the person did not take or is not authorized to take.
Subp. 5. Requirement for tags and seals to remain affixed. Registration tags or seals must remain affixed to the raw pelt until the pelt is tanned or mounted.
Subp. 6. Site validation coupons.
A. Fisher, otter, and pine marten site validation coupons may be obtained at no cost through the electronic licensing system.
B. The site validation coupon is part of the trapper's license to take fisher, otter, and pine marten and must be in the trapper's possession while taking and transporting these species.
C. Site validation coupons are not transferable.
Subp. 7. Validating coupons. Site validation coupons must be notched with a knife or other sharp instrument in the appropriate locations indicating the species for fisher or marten, month, date, and time (a.m./p.m.) the animal was taken. The coupon must be validated at and prior to removing the animal from the kill site.
Statutory Authority: MS s 97B.605; 97B.625; 97B.635; 97B.901; 97B.911; 97B.915; 97B.921; 97B.925
History: 18 SR 83; 19 SR 2222; 20 SR 2287; 22 SR 292; 30 SR 613; 35 SR 2014; 39 SR 1006
Published Electronically: January 12, 2021
« Last Edit: August 08/20/21, 10:00:42 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
When an animal is caught the trapper must validate the tag.  Same as with deer.  Have to do it  before the animal is removed from the trap.
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Online tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
      Thanks, all. This does help.
      Glenn57, the DNR is pretty good at responding to my emails. I've contacted them several times.
      I do appreciate the help. Thanks again.
I wonder. Does Darth Vader have a sister named Ella? Bet she has her ups and downs.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Glenn doesn't get responses to his emails 'cuz he thinks that little send arrow means go to next page.  :evil: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Glenn doesn't get responses to his emails 'cuz he thinks that little send arrow means go to next page.  :evil: :rotflmao:
uh uh........... :tut: :tut: :tut:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!