Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: lawn/grass question  (Read 8000 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Picked up 2 more small bags of superior seed today to hit the Blvd, and around the fire hydrant area after tge leaves are done. Since da lawn tractor took a chit a couple of springs ago I havnt dethatched,  sure could use it.
:pouty: you do know you can thatch a lawn with a push mower........right!!!!!!!!! :scratch: :doah: :rolleyes: :evil: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Picked up 2 more small bags of superior seed today to hit the Blvd, and around the fire hydrant area after tge leaves are done. Since da lawn tractor took a chit a couple of springs ago I havnt dethatched,  sure could use it.
:pouty: you do know you can thatch a lawn with a push mower........right!!!!!!!!! :scratch: :doah: :rolleyes: :evil: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Yur gonna hafta show me how, not much fer teeth on dis pusher.  :confused: :surrender: :scratch: :bonk: :doah:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Yur gonna hafta show me how, not much fer teeth on dis pusher.  :confused: :surrender: :scratch: :bonk: :doah:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: i dont thatch mine......why would i do someone elses........... :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
so......i gota lawn question..........just read a piece about fall lawncare.........how many of you fellers do a lawn fertilizer application.

this article claims its pretty important to do a fall lawn fertilizing????

once i have most the leaves picked up, enough to think i have enough for my garden use next year.........i'll mulch the rest up!!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I put some down here just before Labor Day but then it didn't rain for a month or so & I'm not sure it did much. I know some will overseed & put a winter fertilizer down just before the 1st snow too. I know the neighbor does up here & down home in the fall too. When I was in the lawncare business the ones that did wanted a nice lawn & didn't care how much it cost. So, we usually dethatched theirs as well as bagged their leaves & hauled 'em away too. Most of the people who kind of had to watch their $ a little didn't do much extra in the fall at all.
« Last Edit: Today at 05:39:50 PM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
looks like it has a reasonable chance of rain wed........so may do it before then.

Online fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
There was a garden center in Maplewood that closed about 20 years ago. The owner, George Dege,also had a radio show about gardening and mostly lawn care. He was known as Mr. Lawn. He had free classes and I went to one. I remember him saying that the best time to fertilize grass was in the fall. I also remember him saying that a lot of lawn care services apply crabgrass preventer to early.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
yea i pretty much convinced myself another trip to the home of the 11%  rebate tomorrow is in order to get some lawn fertilizer.

i'm not anal about my lawn like some.......but i do like a decent looking lawn. figuring 50 bucks or so on lawn fertilizer in the fall wont break me.

wonder if i can get an advance on the SS increase!!!!!! :rolleyes: :scratch: :sleazy: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Don't forget Tampon Timmy will want his cut 1st. You'll be lucky to afford the fine Pioneer cutlery I'm graciously sending your way. COD of course...:coffee:  :sleazy:
« Last Edit: Today at 03:43:50 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)