Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Looking for some help putting my son on Dove  (Read 3027 times)

Offline FourPines

• Minnow
    • The Four Pines
This is our first full season here in MN (Nowthen, Anoka County) and my son went out for dove opener and was skunked at two locations. Only saw a couple of birds in the afternoon. Does anyone have a recommendation on where and when he can try that might get him some opportunity to put a few birds on the ground for his new lab pup? Ideally, within an hour or so of the Elk River area.

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Ive heard look for a harvest wheat feild that hasnt been chisle plowed, for numbers. Sitting on the edges as they god.baxk and forth
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
I've  never hunted doves.   Didn't have a season when I was a kid.  Good luck and when you get that 1st dove please share with pictures.   

Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline FourPines

• Minnow
    • The Four Pines
hit a local WMA today. No birds flying (of course until we were on the way home). I've read south and west is the key, but we are still going to work the areas around us. We'll keep you posted!

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
check out the "carlos avery" WMA sandy soil area,water  lot's of feed from farms in the area,early morning/evening prime time,setup along a small pond they'll come to after they feed.

Goodluck