Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Where are the Gophers?  (Read 44378 times)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
It looks to me like the Gophers game today is on the Pac - 12 channel.  SO I don't think it is gonna be on unless you get one of the alternative stations.  Fubo or Sling TV or something like them.  I have already done the free trials with them to get games in the past and I am not joining them. 
« Last Edit: September 09/18/21, 09:32:48 AM by LPS »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Holy crap LPS, I just googled the gophers. They beat Colorado 30-0. I thought they didn't have a snowballs chance in hell against Colorado??? :scratch: :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline MN RACK ATTACK

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
If you look at the box score, doesn't look like Colorado even had 80 yards of offense.
2020 Big Buck Slayer

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Unreal.  Go Gophers. 

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Musta been a Rocky Mountain High going on.  :laugh:

Sports girl just said Gophers are 2-1. I know they got ran over by OSU but who else did they play?
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
They sqeeked buy Miami of Ohio last week.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
We'll find out where they're REALLY @ on 11/13! :sleazy: :nerd: :nerd: :evil:                   ;)  :smiley: :smiley:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
WOW!  I only had a chance to listen to the game at the beginning of the 1st quarter when it was a back and forth field position game.  I was worried that it would be tight.

Lost track over the weekend, so I'm shocked now to see the drubbing.  Yes, go Gophers!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
We'll find out where they're REALLY @ on 11/13! :sleazy: :nerd: :nerd: :evil:                   ;)  :smiley: :smiley:

Well, given their cake schedule other than Penn St., their record should be fattened up feasting on The Little Sisters of the Poor by then!  :rotflmao: They did beat two worthy opponents although IN has turned out to be a flash in the pan after some on BTN were claiming they'd contend for the Big Ten East title earlier. Ya, right.  :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: September 09/20/21, 10:47:10 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Bad loss to Bowling Green for our favorite rodent-named football team.

I didn't hear any of the post-game explanations.  Anyone hear what P.J. said about the loss?

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
This one's on him...bla, bla, bla. Sounded like a certain governor I know... :whistling:

Just win baby. Ugly, pretty, blowout, scrape by. Doesn't matter.

Horrid decision going for it on 4th down & short deep in their own end in the 1st half, then give them points when you don't make it. Set the tone for the rest of the game. Were they looking past BG to Purdue? Better hope so cuz they'll be watching bowl games on TV again otherwise. Can't lose to the schlep teams like that, at home, in a homecoming game. Just can't. It looked looked like Punky Brewster was back coaching again.  :rolleyes:

I think PJ can quit worrying about USC wanting him after that loss. Besides, Urban Liar & the guy from Penn St. were already ahead of him in line.  :sad:
« Last Edit: September 09/28/21, 04:48:07 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
There are 50 guys ahead of him for any decent jobs. He better concentrate on hanging onto what he has instead of leaking his name to every opening.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Since it's still raining out and pretty soggy out there, tuned into the gopher game.

Drives me nuts, every offensive play the QB looks to the sidelines, twice, :crazy: :pouty:. What's up with that  :doofus: :doofus:

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Checking to see if PJ is still his coach.    :rolleyes:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Checking to see if PJ is still his coach.    :rolleyes:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: good one!!👍

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Not the gophers but while cooking up deer camp meals watching Arkansas and Ole Miss play. What a shootout. 8 minutes left yet it's 45-38 and a combined 1043 yards in offense.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks like gunners Iowa Hawkeyes are getting manhandled by Penn State  :sleazy: :rotflmao:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Ferentz better have a good supply of chewing gum... :shocked:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

Looks like gunners Iowa Hawkeyes are getting manhandled by Penn State  :sleazy: :rotflmao:
'Spose  PJ's crew hasn't EVER won a game when they're down by 2 TD's early :scratch:, so you probably change the channel.  :doah: :bonk:            :sleazy:  :nerd: :nerd:               :tut:  :mooning:   GO HAWKS, 6-0 baby!! :cheerleader: :party3:         
« Last Edit: October 10/09/21, 08:59:20 PM by Gunner55 »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :sleazy: :rotflmao: was a good game though!! :happy1: good to see the neighor state win.

Just watched Bama get beat. That was a hell of a football game.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: :bonk: Wish I'd watched it as I'm NOT much of a Alabama/Nick Saban fan. :sad: I was busy cheering for the SF Giants as I'm not big on LADs either but it didn't help. The OK/TX & Ark/ Ole Miss games were both real good too. :crazy: All the Penn St penalties the crowd help cause & the  2 INT's he had never let the #2 QB get any rhythm which was the difference in the 2nd 1/2 IMO. :happy1: :cool:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: :bonk: Wish I'd watched it as I'm NOT much of a Alabama/Nick Saban fan. :sad: I was busy cheering for the SF Giants as I'm not big on LADs either but it didn't help. The OK/TX & Ark/ Ole Miss games were both real good too. :crazy: All the Penn St penalties the crowd help cause & the  2 INT's he had never let the #2 QB get any rhythm which was the difference in the 2nd 1/2 IMO. :happy1: :cool:
is there anyone you DO like!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :mooning: :pouty:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :pouty: :tut:  Saban wins too much so he must be cheatin :rolleyes: & the Dodger's are the the NYYs of the NL. They can buy their titles because they have soo much $. Yeah, I like anybody who's playing these guys & teams like the Cowboys, Ohio St, & Michigan. :moon:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Gophers hang on to win after darn near crapping the bed in the 2nd half. D steps up after the offense was playing just not to lose. Williams looks like their guy for now at RB. Interesting to see how badly IA destroys Purdue now... :coffee:
« Last Edit: October 10/16/21, 03:08:46 PM by Dotch »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
No kidding!  Good for the Gophers!!!   Too bad I missed it.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Hawkeyes are in trouble in the 4th qtr. down 17-7. Oops! Make that 24-7... :huh:

In the meantime some of us Gopher fans are enjoying the MN-NE rivalry that's developed:

« Last Edit: October 10/16/21, 05:12:02 PM by Dotch »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
  Purdue outplayed 'em on both sides of the ball.  :pouty: They shouldn't been ranked #2 anyway IMO, HC said so too! :crazy:
« Last Edit: October 10/16/21, 07:07:28 PM by Gunner55 »

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I was a little surprised but I also know that Purdue got one of their main offensive weapons back who was absent when the Gophers beat them last week. I agree, the #2 ranking was a little over the top when one looks at the game against Penn St. If Penn St.'s QB hadn't been out with an injury in the 2nd half, it very well could've been a different outcome. The 1st half was mostly Penn St. last week. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
watching the gophers, they showed a stat where the gopher offense line outweigh the ravens and vikings offensive line!!!!!1 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: and there up 17-3. :happy1: :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i finished watching the game while wining and dining my b-day girl......... :sleazy: watching those running backs for the gophers is crazy.......i dont know how the gophers get these running backs year in and year out but damn they get some good ones.

there defense is getting pretty good to!!!!!! :happy1: