Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Where are the Gophers?  (Read 44881 times)

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Their offensive line has been together for a long time!

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
The big games are coming. Especially Iowa for Floyd of Rosedale. Then there's the battle for Paul Bunyan's Axe with Wisconsin. :happy1: :happy1: :happy1:
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Where are the Gophers? Sucking hind tit so far... :rolleyes:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Dont Gophers hibernate this time of year? 🤭
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Looks like the same team & game plan they used against Bowling Green.  :huh:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
💩 the bed again

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Mediocre team in a bad division gets enough wins to be bowl eligible (you really, really need to be bad to not get a bowl invite.) They are what they have always been.

They will beat either Wisconsin or Iowa and everybody will begin the lovefest for Mr. Elite again.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Missed the 2 INT's & it was 14-0 when I turned it on. :rolleyes: It looked like the Illini's D had a good game but even 'Bama found out how hard it is to win if you can't run the ball very well yday. :tut: Except they got lucky!! :pouty:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
I would say 90% of Alabama's 2nd stringers would be starters at the U. Bemidji State is closer to being like the Gophers than the Gophers are to being on the same plane as Alabama.

Mr. Row the Boat has done a good job at keeping kids in school and out of jail and if thats what he is being paid to do then he is earning his check. If he is being paid to build a top 3 Big 10 program he is failing as he isn't close.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
By the way Gunner, iffin your rootin for the Hawkeyes  :tut: today, you best be south of the border already. :tut: :mooning: :moon: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
man watching the gophers is frustrating. there clock management at the end of the first half is horrible, bet they wasted a full minute looking at the sideline  before snapping the ball!!!! :doofus:........and morgan couldnt complete a pass if there werent any defenders on the field!!!!!!!! :crazy: :doah: :confused:

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Game over? How did it go?

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Game over? How did it go?
typical gopher/ Vikings fashion.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
« Last Edit: November 11/13/21, 08:02:56 PM by Gunner55 »

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Just remember, revenge is a dish best served cold... ;)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya the Gophers and Vikes seem to use the same coaching/playbook philosophy.  Although a buddy of mine told me that the Gophers O line weighs more than the Vikes O line.  SO they can run the ball better. 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: :confused: I'm tryin to be nice :rolleyes: unlike someone else :evil: here was when the shoe was on the other foot a couple weeks ago. :pouty:                                         ;) :laugh: :laugh:
« Last Edit: November 11/14/21, 08:41:59 AM by Gunner55 »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: :confused: I'm tryin to be nice :rolleyes: unlike someone else :evil: here was when the shoe was on the other foot a couple weeks ago. :pouty:                                         ;) :laugh: :laugh:
:nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman

Gotta poke the bear or in this case the Hawkeye fan... :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I noticed some issues managing the play clock yday for your guys, been like that all year? :scratch: Morgan wasn't on his game throwin the ball yday but neither were the guys he was throwing too IMO. :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: November 11/14/21, 11:25:54 AM by Gunner55 »

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Yup, clock management has been an ongoing issue under PJ. The constant dicking around they do prior to every snap doesn't help matters. Might drive defenses nuts occasionally but rarely draws them offside. Runs clock which is good when you're ahead. When you get behind and the play gets changed last second as appears is happening, you wind up with untimely delay of game penalties. Absolute effing drive killers. Morgan's talents have gone the wrong direction. He seems increasingly more indecisive under pressure and has happy feet, something he didn't have so much two years ago. He doesn't have the talent of a Bateman or Johnson to throw to either and it shows. Throw the ball anywhere close to those guys and they'd frequently catch it. Loved the TE touchdown play however. Maybe something they need to capitalize on more often. Despite getting lit up statistically, IA found a way to win. If the Gophers ever stay healthy on offense, become more creative in play calling in addition to learning clock management, they could be something. As it is, they're just also rans good enough to go to a toilet bowl.  :rolleyes:   

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes that constant looking over at the babysitter drives me crazy.  He will end up like Cousins and won't be able to read a defense on his own. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes that constant looking over at the babysitter drives me crazy.  He will end up like Cousins and won't be able to read a defense on his own.
he football career is over when he's done with college i'd say!!!!!!!!

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
This new transfer portal will be interesting. Be fun to see if Mr. Row the Boat can sell his BS or if he loses more than he gets.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah, the Gophs have had several coaches who "almost made them good" (or is it "made them almost good"  :scratch:).  Either way, it hasn't worked out yet.

It might have been the biggest mistake in the history of college football to fire Glenn Mason for Tim Bruster.  And they kept "Basement Bru" for 4 years.   :doah: :angry: :censored:

It would have been good to see what Jerry Kill could have built.  I think he was on the right track until health issues derailed his progress.

I think it remains to be seen which programs and colleges will continue to thrive with the transfer portal. 

The transfer portal and play-off expansion to 12 or 16 teams *might* be good for college football, but it will suck for the Gophers.  If a good player isn't already on one of the perennial to top 20 teams, they will make frequent use of the transfer portal to get on one of the teams that has a chance to make the play offs.  The rich will get richer.

My prediction is P.J. will lose more than he gets.  I wish him the best, but he is going to have to recruit and coach is  a- :moon: off if he wants to consistently get his program in the top 20. 

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
I see no way, none, zip, nada that he can get them to the top 20 on a consistent basis. He will get them there for a week every couple of years but he won't keep them there.

Here is something that really tweaks me. When they went to this play-off crap they took all the mystic away from the big bowl games on News Years Day. It use to be it was a big deal, a big honor to make the Rose Bowl. Not anymore. The Rose many years is just another crap above average bowl game. Just a couple steps above the Midas Bowl, Idaho Potato Bowl, Sun Bowl. All the Row The Boat guys pump their chest over this crapty bowl game and PJ gets his bowl bonus. How about this PJ, how about you give money back when you are one of about 20 DI teams that don't make a bowl game. It's all smoke & mirrors with this guy, EXCEPT for the fact he keeps the kids out of trouble and off the police blotters for the most part.

Rant over   ;)

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Gophers success has basically depended on getting Floyd of Rosedale, Paul Bunyan's Axe and the Little brown Jug.

They have let Iowa keep Floyd for 7 straight years.

They have lost the Axe to Wisconsin 12 straight times.

The Gophers have only beaten Michigan 3 times since 1969.
Michigan leads the series, 76–25–3.

Gopher football is a disaster and has been for quite a while. And changing coaches every few years has made no difference.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah, they have been way behind the power curve for a long time. 

When the other Big Ten schools were MASSIVELY investing in their athletic facilities and increasing their coaches salaries, the University of the State of Education was dragging their feet.

Back in the day...   How can we justify paying the head football coach $1,000,000 when the president of the university only makes $250,000? 

This is why we can't have winning football teams at the University of Minnesota.

Will they ever catch up?   :confused:  I have my doubts.

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Beating teams like Indiana, Rutgers, Purdue, Maryland & Illinois are called "Big Wins."  That should tell you all you need to know about Gopher football.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey, that's five one-game seasons where they went 1-0.  In P.J.'s vernacular, they were champions that week.    :rolleyes: